PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots hire Donta Hightower to coach LBs!

Hightower played inside and outside while Tippet was a sack master among other things on the outside.
Underrated pass rusher. I'm surprised he wasn't sent after the QB more often.

Underrated pass rusher. I'm surprised he wasn't sent after the QB more often.
He wasn’t a household name like Lawrence Taylor but he put up great numbers for 2nd place. He was a force to be recon with.

Dude had an integral play in each of the second-wave 3 SB wins. Like literal game defining plays. It'll be awesome if he can communicate and bestow that knowledge on our current DL.
Made an immediate impact from day 1.. came in with chandler Jones and made plays immediately. One of the patriot greatest players. Guys will feed of his enegery and intensity

He wasn’t a household name like Lawrence Taylor but he put up great numbers for 2nd place. He was a force to be recon with.
To me he's probably neck and neck with Bru for one the great Pats LBs.

I figured someone would come to correct me on this but Tippett and Hightower played different LB positions.

To me he's probably neck and neck with Bru for one the great Pats LBs.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion and maybe you never saw Tippett play (I don’t know your age); however, Tippett is easily the best LB the Pats have ever produced.

It’s unfortunate he played on some bad teams, particularly towards the end of his career.

Gotta love Bruschi though…he was a leader and playmaker no doubt. :thumbsup:

I figured someone would come to correct me on this but Tippett and Hightower played different LB positions.
Yes and no…

Hightower would also line up at OLB depending on the defensive formation.

Hightower was an excellent LB prior to his injuries which slowed him down dramatically, but he was never on Tippett’s level.

Hopefully he becomes a good a coach as a player

I just love the hiring for sentimental reasons.
Since Brady and BB left. The feeling of the old Dynasty is in the past.

This hiring at least brings back some of those memories
Hightower in the 28-3 game was the key. Strip sack and tackling Lynch at the 1 yard line before the Interception.

Mayo does not do that for me. He was a solid player. But none of his memories relate to SB wins.
Matter of fact. He never played in a postseason game after 2012. Won a SB in 2014 but only played 6 games during the season. None in the playoffs

I like Mayo but hold Donte with high esteem

Yes and no…

Hightower would also line up at OLB depending on the defensive formation.

Hightower was an excellent LB prior to his injuries which slowed him down dramatically, but he was never on Tippett’s level.
Tippetts level was insane he's as close as we get to LT/Ray Lewis territory.

Patriots mt Rushmore to me is Brady, Hannah, Tip, Gronk.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and maybe you never saw Tippett play (I don’t know your age); however, Tippett is easily the best LB the Pats have ever produced.

It’s unfortunate he played on some bad teams, particularly towards the end of his career.

Gotta love Bruschi though…he was a leader and playmaker no doubt. :thumbsup:
I absolutely saw tippet play I've been a fan since '85.. tip was an OLB pass rusher. Absolutely beast in his own right. High had a bunch of responsibilities in the D.. he wore the green dot, lined guys up, blitzing, playing the run, covering backs you name it! Your right tip was a great player on some bad patriots teams.

Weird story…I have been hit multiple times by Andre Tippet. We were both in the same karate class in Stoughton, Ma in the early 1980’s. He was a black belt….I was not.

Last edited:
What's funny is I saw a headline about another Pats hire recently (I forget who it was) and first read it as Hightower and thought, that's a great hire! And now here he is a few days later being hired. Go figure

Another dumb post by you I'm guessing most of team Bill was a fan of Hightower too. But you just can't help yourself.
Glad you admit you're a card carrying member of Team Bill. Your p ****er friend Tunes pretends it doesn't exist. Lol

Weird story…I have been hit multiple times by Andre Tippet. We were both in the same karate class in Stoughton, Ma in the early 1980’s. He was a black belt….I was not.
I wonder if it's the same karate class I by pass all the time on stoughton off of 138 heading towards Brockton?

I met him once years ago in a Foxboro restaurant. Friendly guy (with really big hands).

Awesome story. Hopefully no lasting effects.

Hightower saved 2 Super Bowls. He stopped Lynch short of the goal on the play before Butler’s interception against Seattle. And his sack of Ryan saved the Atlanta Super Bowl. One of my favorite all time Patriots.
It’s funny, in the moment I think my heart sank when Hightower made the tackle on Lynch. Thought a TD was inevitable, just let it happen, preserve time and try with Brady.

Glad to be VERY wrong. Thank you Dont’a! Happy for him to try out coaching here.

Glad you admit you're a card carrying member of Team Bill. Your p ****er friend Tunes pretends it doesn't exist. Lol
I think we would define what that means very different. And also one doesn't have to like or agree with something to use the term just easier to state my point that way. The sooner you figure out that Team Bill, Team Brady, Team Patriots, Team Tippett, Team Boomtower, Team Tiquan Underwood is all the same to vast a majority of people on here the better.

It’s funny, in the moment I think my heart sank when Hightower made the tackle on Lynch. Thought a TD was inevitable, just let it happen, preserve time and try with Brady.

Glad to be VERY wrong. Thank you Dont’a! Happy for him to try out coaching here.
Funny my heart sank for another reason I thought Lynch was already in and then Hightower came off his block and caught Lynch on the thigh to stop him dead in his tracks.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back