PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Have Called on Jeudy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looks like a good football player. He's played 3 years, and it sounds like there's some doubt about our ability to extend his 5th year option. If we can control him for the 5th year, that would be worth a 2nd and Bourne, maybe throw in a 6th as a sweetener. If we get him, there's no room for Bourne anyway, we'd have a 4-man rotation of Jeudy, JuJu, Thornton, and Parker.

I disagree Jeudys play speed is much better than his combine speed.

I agree, but I still don’t think he would be a true #1, but more of a great addition to their receiving corps, and it would make them a very good unit. I would like to see at least a 2 year extension, which they may not want to do, but with good $$ upfront over his rookie deal it could be worked out. Basically May view on this is that they are 1 very good receiver from having a very good receiving unit, one that should give Jones the weapon to compete against the best offenses. Jeudy is one of the good options to get that done, but there are others.

Looks like a good football player. He's played 3 years, and it sounds like there's some doubt about our ability to extend his 5th year option. If we can control him for the 5th year, that would be worth a 2nd and Bourne, maybe throw in a 6th as a sweetener. If we get him, there's no room for Bourne anyway, we'd have a 4-man rotation of Jeudy, JuJu, Thornton, and Parker.
I was unclear before, but now see that the 5th year option can be extended up through May 3rd of this year. His salary for 2023 (his 4th season) is $2.7m, and with the 5th year option invoked, his salary for 2024 would likely be around $10M (complex formula). So we'd control him for at least 2 years at an average of about $6m/year if this deal were done prior to 5/3. After that, we could tag him for a year for $20m, or negotiate a new deal.

A couple people posted that they would move Parker in a Jeudy deal. I think it makes a lot more sense to move Bourne in such a deal, because of the positions they play. Parker is an X receiver, Jeudy spends most of his time as the Z or Y receiver. In terms of alignment I think Jeudy is a lot more duplicative of Bourne than Parker.

A couple people posted that they would move Parker in a Jeudy deal. I think it makes a lot more sense to move Bourne in such a deal, because of the positions they play. Parker is an X receiver, Jeudy spends most of his time as the Z or Y receiver. In terms of alignment I think Jeudy is a lot more duplicative of Bourne than Parker.

Agreed. Parker would make more sense (Edit: From the Patriots perspective I mean) as a part of a deal for Hopkins, rather than Jeudy.

I could be wrong and I usually am but I thought Parker spent most of his time at Z. Jeudy at X and Z (if this is to be believed) ...

3aa9d93207009e867cd3990ce96300ac.png

I could be wrong and I usually am but I thought Parker spent most of his time at Z. Jeudy at X and Z (if this is to be believed) ...

3aa9d93207009e867cd3990ce96300ac.png
I'm not positive but I thought the Y is the slot receiver, so this chart says Jeudy spent 40% of his time in the slot (unless I'm reading it wrong)

On Parker I thought their main 3 receiver sets to start the year were X- Parker, Z- Agholor Y- Meyers. Then in two receiver sets they went X- Parker, Z- Meyers.

I'm not positive but I thought the Y is the slot receiver, so this chart says Jeudy spent 40% of his time in the slot (unless I'm reading it wrong)

On Parker I thought their main 3 receiver sets to start the year were X- Parker, Z- Agholor Y- Meyers. Then in two receiver sets they went X- Parker, Z- Meyers.
You are correct...Y is the slot. I'm just responding to "Jeudy spends most of his time as the Z or Y receiver"...meaning that 60% of the time he was on the outside....not in the slot. Whatever...he has versatility to play all 3.

I thought Meyers was usually at X and Y with Parker at Z.

It will be interesting to see where Jeudy lines up if we sign him.

I could be mistaken as well, but I believe the Y receiver is the inline TE. Z is slot, X is boundary on the side opposite the Y.

We should be able to get Hopkins for a 5th rounder . Worst case we can give a 3rd rounder if cardinals eat 5-7 million in cap space.

Jeudy - don't give anything more than a second rounder . If they want a player possibly Parker...

Broncos cannot sign the 5th year contract for Jeudy . They have absolutely no cap space next year . So they can pick his 5th year option but hard luck finding anybody to trade for him next year . And they would need to again look in the draft for a player to replace Jeudy .

Broncos are in a similar position as Packers . They just have one buyer. The more they delay. Good luck getting anything of note in trade.

With Parker playing Z most of the time…I feel adding Jeudy along with Thornton it creates too much of a logjam there. IMO Parker is 1 jump ball injury away from missing multiple games. Lastly regarding Parker… his 50/50 skill set does not translate to the same game as Thornton and Jeudy. I prefer Thornton to have an experienced mentor in Jeudy who has a similar skillset then Parker.

Well Elijah Moore just got traded to the Browns. Would think that takes them out of the running for Jeudy.

So I did some college football career digging on Jeudy and Mac Jones.

Turns out that they were together on the Alabama squad in the 2018 and 2019 seasons.

However Mac Jones didn't become the full time starter for the Tide until 2020 so I don't believe they have a lot of reps together.

But maybe the alumni connection could pay off in establishing trust quicker? Dunno but it's interesting to think about.

Especially if Denver will realize the market isn't there for Jeudy and deals him to the Patriots for that 2nd rounder + package we've been discussing.

makes most sense for broncos to keep him. WR depth in draft this year is poor. I get the sense that Dhop does not want to come to NE.
Denver doesn't have either a 1st or 2nd, and Payton wants one. If they feel they have sufficient depth without Jeudy, and are likely to lose him after next year anyway, then a trade could still happen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore