Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Mike Vrabel

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Richard Seymour

Votes: 34 79.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
And maybe one of these days your rating level will be high enough for me to care what you think
Ahh yes, the esteemed message board rating system. The true measure of the Internet hierarchy.

Just when I thought your previous posts were an embarrassment you go and outdo yourself.

Still sensitive about SB 52. He’s a former patriot, no need to make those kind of comments after the game
You shouldn’t have a snowflake mentality with 6 pelts on the wall.

And maybe one of these days your rating level will be high enough for me to care what you think

Probably a bad idea to go there when his rating points per post is higher than yours.

This shouldn’t have anything to do with vrabel the coach who “disrespected” the patriots. This is about vrabel the player who was instrumental in our first 3 Super Bowl wins. He either scored a td (panthers, eagles) or helped cause a pick 6 (rams) resulting in 7 pts each game. We won each game by 3 pts.

Ahh yes, the esteemed message board rating system. The true measure of the Internet hierarchy.

Just when I thought your previous posts were an embarrassment you go and outdo yourself.

You might want to lay off the personal attacks. If you don’t like what I posted, click disagree and move on and/or explain why you disagree. No need to make the crayon remark.

This shouldn’t have anything to do with vrabel the coach who “disrespected” the patriots. This is about vrabel the player who was instrumental in our first 3 Super Bowl wins. He either scored a td (panthers, eagles) or helped cause a pick 6 (rams) resulting in 7 pts each game. We won each game by 3 pts.

Look, I never said he wasn’t deserving of HOF honors. I merely expressed I didn’t like the guy.

Look, I never said he wasn’t deserving of HOF honors. I merely expressed I didn’t like the guy.

And that’s fine. But let the man be judged on what he did on the field, which was awesome. And the fact he was a Steeler castoff to me is the icing on the cake.

And that’s fine. But let the man be judged on what he did on the field, which was awesome. And the fact he was a Steeler castoff to me is the icing on the cake.

No doubt Bill transformed him into a good player, which is why his attitude towards NE after he was a player here confuses me. The guy admitted to not talking to Bill for an entire year after Bill traded him to KC. You would think he would understand that this is a business. And his recent comments on his relationship with Bill weren’t exactly praise worthy - not terrible, but nothing great. I have a hard time with people who are ungrateful, especially after what Bill did for him.

Big Sey, no question. What a great player. Man, he, Wilfork and Ty Warren were mind blowing as a unit. And let’s not forget the egg dripping from Borges’ snout after his column blasting the drafting of Seymour over David Terrell and Koren Robinson. Three rings too. No brainer.

Vrabel goes next in the Pats HoF, then Harrison. But Vrabel probably isn’t NFL HoF while Harrison is, go figure. Vrabel has three rings versus two for Harrison. Harrison was truly great for about two or three years with NE versus probably five great years for Vrabel. Also, HGH for Rodney. Both were versatile and skillful and leaders, truly core players for the early part of the dynasty.

No doubt Bill transformed him into a good player, which is why his attitude towards NE after he was a player here confuses me. The guy admitted to not talking to Bill for an entire year after Bill traded him to KC. You would think he would understand that this is a business. And his recent comments on his relationship with Bill weren’t exactly praise worthy - not terrible, but nothing great. I have a hard time with people who are ungrateful, especially after what Bill did for him.
The guy gave his heart and soul to the organization and got shipped out unceremoniously. As a throw-in to make the money work. For a draft pick. Also, he earned everything he got, BB didn’t give him anything. Yes he was nearing the end, yes it’s a business, but are you really surprised a guy that proud, competitive and fiery has something waiting for Bill now?

Honestly all 3 of these guys should be Pats HOFers. Rodney may have a shot at Canton one day as well. I think 5-10 years down the line a lot of the dynasty era Pats will at least get some consideration as hall of famers. Once Brady and Bill hang it up a lot of the retrospectives on the two decades will be written and discussed putting the McGinests and Harrison’s of the world back into the football cognoscenti thoughts. Some key cogs in the wheel that churned the Patriots Machine will finally get their due.

The guy gave his heart and soul to the organization and got shipped out unceremoniously. As a throw-in to make the money work. For a draft pick. Also, he earned everything he got, BB didn’t give him anything. Yes he was nearing the end, yes it’s a business, but are you really surprised a guy that proud, competitive and fiery has something waiting for Bill now?
Cassell and Jimmy G both were supposed to bring a king’s ransom. Instead we gave up our versatile LB and MC and got a second. Then we didn’t quite get the 4 first round picks Schefter was throwing out there for the heir apparent.

Seymour is a borderline NFL HOFer. He should have a red jacket ASAP. He was the guy offensive coordinators had to worry about and he was focal point for one of the best defenses for 3-4 years.
He is NOT a "borderline" HOFer. Richard belongs in Canton NOW....as well as here.

Rodney is also a HOFer, not just for what he did here, but for SD as well. He belongs in Canton as well as here...but not THIS year.

Vrabel is NOT someone who belongs in Canton, but should eventually get in here, probably after his his time in Tennessee.

BTW- I know some people use the short time Rodney was here, but when I look at the time, he was only here 2 years less than Vrabel and Seymore. 6 years is a LONG time in the NFL and he was a great player long before he got here as well.

But my vote(s) will go to Richard Seymore. He was drafted here. Came in under tremendous controversy, was might have been the most impactful rookie every in the BB era. Just having his named mentioned with Jerry Tillery makes me hope we draft that DT out of ND.

Let’s not forget at the time he was going from a perennial SB contender to one of the worst teams in the league at the time. Wasn’t that 2nd we got pick 33?

Oh no no no no, not the message board rating, I'm a veteran you're a newbie thing? I just got major douche chills.

While I may not agree with the Vrabel take, I do appreciate the passion.

But really, a message board rating is just below my 6th place ribbon for cow milking at the county fair.

But really, a message board rating is just below my 6th place ribbon for cow milking at the county fair.

And here I had you pegged for no less than a 3rd place cow milker. How very disappointing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back