• Mike Vrabel

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Richard Seymour

Votes: 34 79.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm practicing for next year!

Just know no matter what Mom and I will always love you. Unless you become a Steelers fan, at that point we would have to disown you for the sake of appearances.

Does Borges even have a job?

Curran should have this vote.

Apparently he doesn't need to in order to retain his HoF slot.
There are a few good candidates to take that fraud's place but he isn't going anywhere of his own volition, he is well past any sense of shame.

Apparently he doesn't need to in order to retain his HoF slot.
There are a few good candidates to take that fraud's place but he isn't going anywhere of his own volition, he is well past any sense of shame.

That’s disgraceful.

Seymour is the better player objectively, but I voted for Rodney. Why? Because I’d be more confident the Pats win a game without Seymour than without Rodney. He was so critical to the defense and brought so much identity to the team. Obviously they both deserve to make it. Vrabel was a great player and will likely get in at some point, but he isn’t in the same class as those two.

He is NOT a "borderline" HOFer. Richard belongs in Canton NOW....as well as here.

Rodney is also a HOFer, not just for what he did here, but for SD as well. He belongs in Canton as well as here...but not THIS year.

Vrabel is NOT someone who belongs in Canton, but should eventually get in here, probably after his his time in Tennessee.

BTW- I know some people use the short time Rodney was here, but when I look at the time, he was only here 2 years less than Vrabel and Seymore. 6 years is a LONG time in the NFL and he was a great player long before he got here as well.

But my vote(s) will go to Richard Seymore. He was drafted here. Came in under tremendous controversy, was might have been the most impactful rookie every in the BB era. Just having his named mentioned with Jerry Tillery makes me hope we draft that DT out of ND.
All three are worthy, and NONE OF THEM should be inducted ahead of:

Julius Adams - The Patriots Hall is a disgrace, until the late Jewel is belatedly inducted

Russ Francis - While he is still with us

Chuck Fairbanks - Second best Pats coach ever, built a world champion in 3 1/2 years

Mosi Tatupu - Greatest special teams player in team history; better than Izzo and Slater

Darryl Stingley - Belongs

Last edited:
Rodney is the best of the bunch and to me was the MVP of SB 39 but, Seymour and Vrabes have 3 rings. Seymour should be first, then Vrabel, then Rodney. It's blashempy Rodney isn't already in the Pro Football Hall of Fame or at least been close to making it.
All three are worthy, and NONE OF THEM should be inducted ahead of:

Julius Adams - 16 years

Russ Francis - 8 years

Chuck Fairbanks - 6 years

Mosi Tatupu - 13 years

Darryl Stingley - 5 years

Seymour, not even close. Like Wilfork he was dominant. It’s a shame he couldn’t play it out in NE.

Seymour was the key cog up front in those 3 championships.

Seymour got molested by Ohara in the most egregios non hold call in the history of the SuperBowl, which would of been 100% a penalty If called correctly, would of been a 4 time superbowl champion with an undefeated season on his resume. Surely would of been a first ballot hall of famer.

Still should be.

Still, NFL HOF does not necessarily affect Pats' HOF qualifications. See Parcells. Or Moss.

But Sey belongs.

I would argue for Moss and Parcells in the Pats HOF

I think a team HOF should be a fairly big tent. If you can't tell the team's story without the guy, they go in, even if it's only 1 PLAY, like the Butler pick in SB49 that rewrote team history in a fraction of a second. If your team HOF is 90% just a copy-past of the NFL HOF it's kind of redundant in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back