PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Flexed Out of Prime Time in Vegas

4:05 kickoff instead of 4:25 assures us that people not living in NE or Nevada won't see this one.

If the Pats never play another game after 8:00 PM I will be a happy fan..

Here! Here! I hate night games.

(Although if it means the Pats are always terrible, I get take backs. e.g., Lions don't have a single prime time game this year IIRC)

On one hand, I prefer earlier games because I'm old and the late games make it a pain to get up for work the next day. On the other hand, I'm not in New England so I need to use a VPN + GamePass International if the game isn't being shown nationally or in my local market, which has been most weeks this year. Not a huge deal, but at least one week so far, GamePass International went down for the entire game day which was extremely annoying. Removing that barrier is always a plus.
Counting down the days until DirecTV is finally out of the picture for Sunday Ticket. Can. Not. Wait.

Thought they'd keep it due to the coaching storyline, but with a real chance that both teams are under .500 going in, can't blame them one bit for wanting a game with NFC playoff implications instead. Selfishly, I'll be glad to have a break from night games anyway.
G men have the #1 TV market, so no brainer in my mind.

The twice failed coach vs the totally failed coaching staff not that compelling for general football fans.

Anyone remember the epic Sept 23 2018 Fat Matt vs BB matchup ?
Anyone outside Detroit/Boston remember it ?

Commanders vs Giants?... isn't that like totally f*cking boring.

While I prefer a day game... Getting flexed out in favor of a sorry franchise like the Commanders stings a bit.

Fox has been given this game

Slam dunk easy move for NFL.

#1 TV market New York Giants (69% playoff chances) vs Washington (56% playoff chances) in what may very well decide who advances/goes home

As opposed to us (27% playoff chances) vs Raiders (5% playoff chances)

Excellent, now I can watch it. PT sucks bad, I usually only make it thru the first half

You would surmise that people outside of NE would be overjoyed that the Pats are losers and tune in.

Slam dunk easy move for NFL.

#1 TV market New York Giants (69% playoff chances) vs Washington (56% playoff chances) in what may very well decide who advances/goes home

As opposed to us (27% playoff chances) vs Raiders (5% playoff chances)
It also effects a ton of NFC teams for playoff placement.

Looks like it'll be a 4pm game:

Fine with me….probably not fine with Mr Kraft….have to make some changes so we can put a better product on the field Robert

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back