PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots film study, playcalls, and scheme breakdowns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Topic of this thread is play calls, film study, etc. NOT hawt takes or hindsight coaching. Please take that elsewhere.
Like other threads don't go off topic.:rolleyes:

Like other threads don't go off topic.:rolleyes:

Right, but this sort of thread is preferably a resource or repository of information, and I'd really like to keep discussion on point. My hope is that updates to the board in the future include ways of marking discussions as "serious" or "film study" and that posters will respect that designation. It's so easy to just start a new thread if something goes off topic (like this post I'm writing now, admittedly). I'd appreciate if this particular thread remains dedicated to film breakdowns and scheme analysis if possible -- it's a great way to learn more about the game.

This thread would be on Page 2 if it weren't for comments both on- and 0ff-topic. So I and others are doing it a favor.

"Hawt takes"

"Hindsight coaching"

Too funny.

Were kickoffs really considered so dangerous by the players themselves (the opinions of suits mean less than nothing to me) that drastic measures such as these were thought to be needed? I just don't recall many incidents during which players were stretchered off the field, even if extrapolated to a per-play basis when compared to plays from scrimmage.

Are teams just going to say Feck it and kick the ball through the end zone all of the time?

And how will on-sides kicks be affected?

I think these new rules should've been used on a trial basis during the pre-season without committing to them full-time.

AJ Klein was hypnotized by the double fake, again. Not one of his better days.

The coverage on Hogan was kinda soft from the beginning.

Love how Gronk takes coverage with him downfield while Hogan's pattern follows right behind him. Same defender makes the tackle, but the damage has already been done.

AJ Klein was hypnotized by the double fake, again. Not one of his better days.

The coverage on Hogan was kinda soft from the beginning.

Love how Gronk takes coverage with him downfield while Hogan's pattern follows right behind him. Same defender makes the tackle, but the damage has already been done.
I love watching the plays unfold. The run to draw the LB's in. Cooks or Gronk clearing out a side or area for someone else to work in. Love seeing it come together.

And I'll say this I think Mason might be our best OL'm from a consistency standpoint. Or at least he deserves an argument or two. He's so good and I think his best is still in front of him.

I don't think there's any doubt that Mason's our best OLman now that Solder is gone. He still needs help in pass protection, but if the other interior linemen were as good run blocking as Mason is pass blocking, that would be an immense help to keeping the chains moving on 3rd downs. I'm not giving up on the hope of a re-signing yet either.

Not Patriots specific, but a nice, simple watch if you want to learn more about line play.

I'll be flooding this page with all22 clips today/tom. Finishing up a top 100 college football piece.

I thought this was great though. Thomas talking about handwork. Freeneys spin/ice pick & a lot of other Great stuff.

Again, not Patriots related, but this is a pretty interesting breakdown that many here might find interesting to review.

Jabaal Sheard's production, including 5-1/2 sacks, seems to me even more impressive when considering that the next-closest defenders had just 3 each (Ridgeway & Simon), and I realize that he was given too much money by Indy for NE to match, so no regrets here.
I still feel, however, that if a few more bucks had been thrown his way, Chris Long could've been convinced to stay. After all, everybody has a price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back