PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots film study, playcalls, and scheme breakdowns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nice adjustment after the out/up by Dorsett

Reactions: PP2
Piss-poor blocking by the RT; was that Cannon?
Yea, decent set/slide but in slow-mo Cannon just waits too long to get his hands on him. Almost looked liked he got caught in seeing White chip Cam. By that time Jordan is inside his pads & just too good/strong.

Jordan is a wonderful player though. Very under-rated in terms of his draft class. 2011 was loaded & full of HOF. Hes right there w/ most of them.

Jordan is a wonderful player though. Very under-rated in terms of his draft class. 2011 was loaded & full of HOF. Hes right there w/ most of them.

He's consistently underrated for some reason. He's one of the more dominating DL in the NFL, snap to snap, regardless of his stats (which aren't out of this world, but still solid).

He's consistently underrated for some reason. He's one of the more dominating DL in the NFL, snap to snap, regardless of his stats (which aren't out of this world, but still solid).
Besides his rookie year in which he had 1 SK. He's been very consistent. 8, 12.5, 7.5, 10, 7.5, 13. History would indicate a 7-8 SK year coming up but 5-6 more years of this production & he's if really good company.

During the 2011 draft, when it was our turn to pick at 17, and after Ryan Kerrigan was unfortunately taken at 16, I wanted Cam Jordan because I thought that he would be a great fit as a 3-4 (which we were still employing) DE on early/run downs who could slide inside during passing downs, kinda how I envisioned DaQuan Bowers from the previous year had Bill taken him instead of Glas-IR Dowling. I'm obviously good now with the Solder pick because, and I don't know if anyone else saw this coming, 2011 was Might Light's final season, and having a ready-made LT with a full year of experience in the system was invaluable...which is why I never, Ever, EVER would have traded our 2017 #1 plus 3rd- and 4th-rounders for one season of the Lost Little Cookie when we could've had Ryan Ramczyk or Dion Dawkins in training to replace Solder.

Last edited:
During the 2011 draft, when it was our turn to pick at 17, and after Ryan Kerrigan was taken at 16, I wanted Cam Jordan because I thought that he would be a great fit as a 3-4 (which we were still employing) DE on early/run downs who could slide inside during passing downs, kinda how I envisioned DaQuan Bowers from the previous year had Bill taken him instead of Glas-IR Dowling. I'm obviously good now with the Solder pick because, and I don't know if anyone else saw this coming, 2011 was Might Light's final season, and having a ready-made LT with a full year of experience in the system was invaluable...which is why I never, Ever, EVER would have traded our 2017 #1 for one season of the Lost Little Cookie when we could've had Ryan Ramczyk or Dion Dawkins in training to replace Solder.
Yea I loved him & Heyward, graded them almost the same, both 1st rd'rs. RR was my #2 LT & had a great year. Very under-rated.

Yea I loved him & Heyward, graded them almost the same, both 1st rd'rs. RR was my #2 LT & had a great year. Very under-rated.
Forgot about Son of Ironhead, but I agree. Similar talent level, different style. Jordan is shiftier (explains his ability to continue at 4-3 DE), whereas Heyward is stouter.

During the 2011 draft, when it was our turn to pick at 17, and after Ryan Kerrigan was unfortunately taken at 16, I wanted Cam Jordan because I thought that he would be a great fit as a 3-4 (which we were still employing) DE on early/run downs who could slide inside during passing downs, kinda how I envisioned DaQuan Bowers from the previous year had Bill taken him instead of Glas-IR Dowling. I'm obviously good now with the Solder pick because, and I don't know if anyone else saw this coming, 2011 was Might Light's final season, and having a ready-made LT with a full year of experience in the system was invaluable...which is why I never, Ever, EVER would have traded our 2017 #1 plus 3rd- and 4th-rounders for one season of the Lost Little Cookie when we could've had Ryan Ramczyk or Dion Dawkins in training to replace Solder.
They took that abomination of a draft pick (Ras I-Dowling) in the 2011 draft - not 2010. Most people including Mike Reiss were hot for Jabaal Sheard which seemed like a no brainier.

The Solder pick didn't surprise me because of Matt Light had one year left.

The trade for Cooks was good at the time because he was going to open things up for Edelman, Hogan and really make it difficult for defenses to defend Gronk. Unfortunately, Cooks didn't look comfortable in the offense but he still had a good year despite some drive killing drops and the Pats thinking he was Randy Moss at times. Also, I would've liked to see his season end a little differently then him getting obliterated in the Super Bowl. At least got a first rounder back for Cooks.

They took that abomination of a draft pick (Ras I-Dowling) in the 2011 draft - not 2010. Most people including Mike Reiss were hot for Jabaal Sheard which seemed like a no brainier...
You're right, that all happened in 2011...don't know what I was thinking. 2010 was the McCourty/Gronk (and what should've been Golden Tate) draft.

They took that abomination of a draft pick (Ras I-Dowling) in the 2011 draft - not 2010. Most people including Mike Reiss were hot for Jabaal Sheard which seemed like a no brainier.

The Solder pick didn't surprise me because of Matt Light had one year left.

The trade for Cooks was good at the time because he was going to open things up for Edelman, Hogan and really make it difficult for defenses to defend Gronk. Unfortunately, Cooks didn't look comfortable in the offense but he still had a good year despite some drive killing drops and the Pats thinking he was Randy Moss at times. Also, I would've liked to see his season end a little differently then him getting obliterated in the Super Bowl. At least got a first rounder back for Cooks.

You're right, that all happened in 2011...don't know what I was thinking. 2010 was the McCourty/Gronk (and what should've been Golden Tate) draft.

Topic of this thread is play calls, film study, etc. NOT hawt takes or hindsight coaching. Please take that elsewhere.

Topic of this thread is play calls, film study, etc. NOT hawt takes or hindsight coaching. Please take that elsewhere.
Are you a moderator?

If your answer is No, then my answer is No.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe