Patriots film study, playcalls, and scheme breakdowns

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterfallJumper

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
EDIT: Updated title to reflect current content, per suggestion from @PP2

Formerly: Brady mid-throw adjustment

Great look at how quickly Brady reads a defense, pulls the ball down mid-throw, and knows instantly where to find his open man. This is just one example of the type of cerebral play that makes him the GOAT.

Last edited:
Nice replay but I don't think that was Gronk on Cook's side of the field (Brady's left).

Nice replay but I don't think that was Gronk on Cook's side of the field (Brady's left).

If you look at the last few frames you can see Gronk at the top of the screen standing in the endzone. That might be Bennett (or Allen?)

I like how in a Patriots football forum, there's more discussion about Eli, the Panthers, the Eagles, and the Celtics vs Cav games than about something actually relevant. o_O
Except Celtics and Cavs is a relevant OT topic since the large majority of Pats fans follow Boston sports.

I like how in a Patriots football forum, there's more discussion about Eli, the Panthers, the Eagles, and the Celtics vs Cav games than about something actually relevant. o_O

I get what you're saying in general. But....

Brady's skipping workouts in order to be with his family. Threads have been written on that. Gronk's having fun and being Gronk, while not being around for team workouts. Threads have been written on that. Garcia got the axe after one miserable year, despite being a high draft pick. Threads have been written on that. So, other than "The Patriots are lifting weights and using new martial arts techniques' (and there's a thread on that), there's not much more to say.

And that's generally a good thing at this time of year. So....

How 'bout that Carson Smith?

Last edited:
I get what you're saying in general. But....

Brady's skipping workouts in order to be with his family. Threads have been written on that. Gronk's having fun and being Gronk, while not being around for team workouts. Threads have been written on that. Garcia got the axe after one miserable year, despite being a high draft pick. Threads have been written on that. So, other than "The Patriots are lifting weights and using new martial arts techniques' (and there's a thread on that), there's not much more to say.

And that's generally a good thing at this time of year. So....

How 'bout that Carson Smith?

Eh, that's true. I'm just being petulant.

One of things discussed on twitter recently is what makes Brady so great & obviously the picture lead to pre snap but the above is a great example of just how good he is post snap. The manipulating of a pocket, sliding & creating an opening or even a new lil pocket for himself. Just a master all around.

He's the goat & the gap just gets larger each year. If you watch westworld Brady might be the first guy to capture real immortality?

Our runs

Passes/Pass Pro

Example of #2

We've seen Hoss Y Juke / Hoss X Follow for almost 2 decades. Perfect example of option/concept, communication between the QB/WR. O'B also goes touches on some of the pass pro calls. Rita (Slide pp right), Lion(Slide pp left), Alpha(A gap?) I could be wrong,
Easy & Jordan might be an audible? I could be wrong & they might be pp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes