PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots extend offer to Bills RFA RB Mike Gillislee

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most pissed off Patriot Rex Burkhead
Most pissed off non Patriot player Legarette the soon to be Giant or Packer Blount

If Burkhead is pissed he shouldn't be. No RB should come to NE thinking they're going to be the man.

As for Blount, I've always supported him on this board, but he must have known the Pats wouldn't sit still for too long.

I would not be surprised to see Buffalo match, McCoy is getting up there in age and is always dealing with nagging injuries.

I would not be surprised to see Buffalo match, McCoy is getting up there in age and is always dealing with nagging injuries.

They probably will considering we already stole Hogan and Gilmore from them.

Last edited:
Gillislee #1 in Successful play rate
Burkhead #2
Dion Lewis #4
(Ezekiel Elliot #3)

Profit.

ferengi-rule-9-instinct-plus-opportunity-equals-profit.jpg

I agree Lewis is in trouble

Dunno he was MIA in the Super Bowl. Seem to have a nice stable of backs they are putting together.

Plus DJ Foster as the James White replacement after this season.

Has anyone considered the Bills might turn around and go after Blount? He's generated no interest so would come much cheaper than Gillislee now will. He would be a pretty nice closer/goal line option for the Bills, and would help keep Shady fresh.

People can spin this however they want. If this deal goes through Bill has allocated 6 million to two medicore backs who are not as good as Blount who has proven to be an excellent fit in the system. This gives us five JAG running backs. Four if you are like me and don't think Boldin will make the team.

Has anyone considered the Bills might turn around and go after Blount? He's generated no interest so would come much cheaper than Gillislee now will. He would be a pretty nice closer/goal line option for the Bills, and would help keep Shady fresh.
Giants might go after Blount. Packer are another option. May be they are just waiting for him to be cut ?

Gillislee is a big back Burkhead more all-purpose. White was our MVP. Bolden is a ST guy and Lewis was great but all injuries we need a rookie RB, if we can trade him and draft a RB i think we will do it.

I think Lewis brings a very different element to their offense. And how could you get rid of a guy who has never lost a game as a Patriot?

People can spin this however they want. If this deal goes through Bill has allocated 6 million to two medicore backs who are not as good as Blount who has proven to be an excellent fit in the system. This gives us five JAG running backs. Four if you are like me and don't think Boldin will make the team.

Just so that I can be sure of your position:

The Patriots re-signed Bolden on April 5. Is it your expectation that they will cut him later this offseason, despite that?

I'd like to get him. I don't think you really need that 250lb RB. It is nice but there is more than 1 way to get the job down.

Thankfully not. :p

We've upgraded. Heavily.

The Pats need to try to protect Brady and this RBs will help that while at the same time no over investing money in a position that you really shouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe