PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots extend offer to Bills RFA RB Mike Gillislee

Status
Not open for further replies.
He can pick up the blitz just fine. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure that it's one of his strengths.

Edit: if that is what you were asking, of course.

Sorry. Yes that was what I was thinking not what I was typing...

:oops:

We shoudnt of low balled the second season thats incredibly affordable.
We could of added another mill or 2

Sorry. Yes that was what I was thinking not what I was typing...

:oops:
I assumed as much. No worries until you start to be like me and do it multiple times per day. :)

We shoudnt of low balled the second season thats incredibly affordable.
We could of added another mill or 2

Shouldn't have.....English is fun.

So you are proposing a 4+ million/yr salary for a RB who has never been a lead back? I want him too but there have to be limits to their generosity.

Sorry as far as the english it was a quick post while I was helping a customer.
English is fun
I agree its hard to give him real starter money til he proves he can handle the starter position and the amount of snaps he could potentially receive.

Sorry as far as the english it was a quick post while I was helping a customer.
English is fun
I agree its hard to give him real starter money til he proves he can handle the starter position and the amount of snaps he could potentially receive.

Sorry, my mother was an English teacher. I can't help myself.

I think their offer was spot on. They are taking a flyer on a 2nd string back to play a more important role in a committee approach. This is a 2 year- $3.1 million/ year deal.

They front loaded and guaranteed the first year to put the pressure on the Bills cap this year. We have the money to pay up front and if he works out it would be a bargain for the second year. If he turns out to be a stud, then we would have some bargaining power to extend him since he would be playing undervalued for year two.

If the Bills match, then we cost them a little more against the cap this year in which they are a bit strapped. Win win

They frontloaded it to try to make it more difficult for Buffalo to match, it's really 2 years 6 million, essentially the same money Burkhead is getting. I think Gillislee ends up a Patriot because Buffalo could have matched by now if they wanted to. Could they be screwing around, possibly, but it doesn't make sense given the money they give McCoy and the FBs. Good move by Belichick, this will fill out their backfield if they get him. And it just narrows needs heading into the draft.

Last edited:
Well guess he's staying a Bill
Time to move on to Hyde Peterson Charles Blount

Just because they can match it doesn't mean they will. I am kind of thinking they're dragging this out to be difficult and won't match.

I think they are stretching it out to match and hope Blount or whoever our other fallback option is off the market.

I think they are stretching it out to match and hope Blount or whoever our other fallback option is off the ma
No offense...But your infatuation with washed up RB's is a bit disturbing.

Cheers!

My guess would be that the Bills don't match the offer. They would have done so by now if they were.

The Bills probably enjoy leaving the Patriots dangling. But, they are also leaving Gilleslee dangling as well which is not a great way to continue a working relationship with a player you've decided to keep. Of course, they are the Bills, so who knows. They are the same people who hired Rex Ryan after all.

Don't believe Bill will lose his mind, if Buffalo matches. He put a value on MG according to what he'd have to pay (5th).
Buffalo matches, oh well. Not like they just lost out on Jim Brown!
The guy is/will be a role player...He'll just be a role player on a much better team, here.

Last edited:
I wonder what Gillislee is thinking at the moment, he must be praying extra hard these days for Bills not to match. Such a big difference between being part of the greatest NFL dynasty ever vs dysfunctional organization like the Bills.

So we find out monday at the latest??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back