PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Defensive Line Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm shocked Woodyard didn't jump all over 1/1.5M.

I think you took a wrong turn somewhere.

Albuquerque

rsz_bugs_2_4558.jpg

I think you took a wrong turn somewhere.

Albuquerque

rsz_bugs_2_4558.jpg

I think he's lampooning this post on page 1 of this thread:

Assume we have 18 million to work with (Obvious cuts such as Wilfork, restructure Connolly, extend Gost and McCourty) here is what I propose:

Sign Edelman 4/24/10 (first year cap hit of 3.5)
Sign Blount 2/7.5/3 (cap hit of 3.5)
Sign Browner 2/5/2.5 (cap hit of just under 2)
Sign Woodyard 1/1.5/750k
Sign Henry Melton 1/4million/2

@BobDigial, I agree. We cannot rely on rookies to fill the need at DT.
With the contract details of Revis comin out, Patriots still have 11.5M in cap space. If they release Vince Wilfork it would be 19M.
- So they need a proven Defensive Lineman.
Options: Kevin Williams (a 1 year deal), BJ Raji (1 year prove it deal), Pat Sims (short term deal), Terrence Cody(short term deal / 1 year deal), Henry Melton(long term deal)
Then draft a defensive lineman for future
- Veteran pass rusher (to share the snaps with Chandler Jones and Ninkovick)
Options: Jason Hatcher, Jared Allen, Shaun Philips,Julius Peppers

Any one of Kevin Williams, Raji, Cody, Melton on a short term deal would be fine. Don't forget we also have Kelly coming back. Which helps. as far as DE rotation. Shaun Phillips, Jared Allen, or Peppers would work, but it all depends on how much they cost.

Any one of Kevin Williams, Raji, Cody, Melton on a short term deal would be fine. Don't forget we also have Kelly coming back. Which helps. as far as DE rotation. Shaun Phillips, Jared Allen, or Peppers would work, but it all depends on how much they cost.

Yeah.... Raji is gone to Green Bay for just 1 yr 4M. Cowboys are trying to get Melton and Peppers. Strange.... no one is interested in Kevin Williams yet. Since signing Revis, the front office did nothing yet.... They need to act fast.... or the remaining guys will get signed somewhere. I guess they are busy with Browner contract and Wilfork restructuring of contract. I believe they will not cut Wilfork; they will instead try to restructure his contract.... thoughts?

Pat Sims

anyone got any idea on Pat Sims hear hes a good run stopper at DT anyone know how much he would cost and any other info on him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents