PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots cut Edelman(Update- EDELMAN RETIRES)

If three phases and postseason was worth a damn to voters, Jules would be a HOF player without question.

11 seasons with 9869 all purpose yards (165th) 620 catches (75th) for 6,822 yards (156th) and 36 touchdowns, 58 rushing attempts for 413 yards, 177 punt returns (63rd) for 1,986 yards (39th) and four touchdowns (21st), 30 kick returns for 626 yards, and six completions on six passing attempts for 128 yards with one score and a perfect 158.3 passer rating.

19 playoff games (89th), 2,049 all purpose postseason yards (4th), 118 postseason catches (2nd), 1442 postseason receiving yards (2nd), 5 postseason receiving TD's, 39 postseason punt returns (1st), 443 postseason punt return yards (1st), Super Bowl MVP

21 tackles, 2 forced fumbles, 14 fumble recoveries.

Always a huge #11, at TC he was always outhustling just about everybody else.. shagging punts, doing sprints, drills etc. He always stood out in games, as well as his performances in Superbowls.. a consummate Patriot, sure Pats HOF'er

He will be missed..

If he's nominated for the PFHOF, I hope if he doesn't get in at least he spurs the longest debate in voter meeting history.

Regards,
Chris

Just heard about Jules, its a sad day, he was one of my favorite Patriot players of all time. If what i heard about the FO pushing him out without him being able to put out a retirement statement on his own is unconscionable.

Just heard about Jules, its a sad day, he was one of my favorite Patriot players of all time. If what i heard about the FO pushing him out without him being able to put out a retirement statement on his own is unconscionable.
They cut him so he gets the insurance money. Edelman made a retirement announcement video.

• Agree
Reactions: PP2
As we fret over who’s playing QB next season, Jules retirement is a stiff reminder that we’re the most blessed football fans ever.

The next time Gillette is at full capacity. Edelman should lead the team out the tunnel onto the field and race one last time to the other end of the field. The place would go nuts.

I love Jules. But Gronk has me jaded. Someone please tell me the way this contract was terminated that its an actual retirement and not some way to get to TB.

Sad. Very... Sad. Thank you Jules.. Especially for the All World Super Bowl Clutchness..

If he does, not only does he lose the injury insurance possibility, but his "honor to retire a Patriot video" would look rather hollow.

He's done.

So, Brady is not retiring as a Patriot? Gronk? Edelman can still play for Tampa.

Just wait until August rolls around.

Try and catch up, you're so 4 oclock.

Love the guy! All the best squirrel in your retirement, will miss you so much !

So, Brady is not retiring as a Patriot? Gronk? Edelman can still play for Tampa.

Just wait until August rolls around.
I don’t think he’d make the Bucs roster. Did you see him last season?

Time keeps on slippin' into the future...

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back