PatsFans.com - Mobile
PatsFans.com
Search

Patriots cut Edelman(Update- EDELMAN RETIRES)

2021 Patriots Season:
Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: vs Dolphins
Pick Results: MIA: 0% at NE: 0%

Sun
Sep 12th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

PatsWickedPissah

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
For some reason I was able to take Brady moving on without any emotional reaction. Business and all that. But this definitely tugs at me -- such a great true Patriot, representing everything the franchise has symbolized for the past 20+ years. To me he's part of the "True Patriots Troika," along with Bruschi and Troy B.
I feel the same. Enjoying Tom in Tampa but emotionally Troy Freakin' Brown, Bru and The Squirrel were hard to take retiring.

RIpats88

In the Starting Line-Up
We don't win those 3 Superbowls without Edelman. He was a beast in all 3.

Not sure which is a more iconic play. Getting pummeled by the Seahawks and getting up and continuing or the crazy catch against atlanta?

Easily my favorite patriots receiver. Welker might have better stats. But when it came down to it in the big game Edelman always made the play

BaconGrundleCandy

NFL Expert / Tone Setter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Brady & Gronk are walking into the HOF but this really caps that era imo. One of the toughest, most versatile players I've had the privilege in watching. What a player. Offense, defense, ST.

One the best WR I've seen period. His hands, hand/eye coordination and footwork were just top notch. One of the return men I've seen. Answered every call, great teammate.

I'm very lucky to have seen him play. I'll miss those whip routes. Not many guys his size took the hits he did in an open field. Guys 25+ lbs heavier getting 10 yards off steam before contact.

Such a key cog to the team success.

DropKickFlutie

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Brady & Gronk are walking into the HOF but this really caps that era imo. One of the toughest, most versatile players I've had the privilege in watching. What a player. Offense, defense, ST.

One the best WR I've seen period. His hands, hand/eye coordination and footwork were just top notch. One of the return men I've seen. Answered every call, great teammate.

I'm very lucky to have seen him play. I'll miss those whip routes. Not many guys his size took the hits he did in an open field. Guys 25+ lbs heavier getting 10 yards off steam before contact.

Such a key cog to the team success.

I don't care what anybody says, best WR in the history of the Patriots franchise. Also love Troy Brown or Welker too but let's forget stats, when it mattered the most JULES was the epitome of the hear of a champion !!!!

KDPPatsfan85

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Cry Cry Cry GIF by MOODMAN

TheRainMaker

I'm getting my res at Dorsia
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
What would you guys think if he ends up in Tampa?

Last edited:

jah

Official PatsFans Gamer
PatsFans.com Supporter
For some reason I was able to take Brady moving on without any emotional reaction. Business and all that. But this definitely tugs at me -- such a great true Patriot, representing everything the franchise has symbolized for the past 20+ years. To me he's part of the "True Patriots Troika," along with Bruschi and Troy B.
I think for me it hits harder because I know this is the end of the road for Edelman, whereas Brady was joining a stacked team that provided a nice season-long distraction to compensate for him not being on my team anymore.