PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots cut Edelman(Update- EDELMAN RETIRES)

Like who complains about Jules? He has a life time pass from me. He could have dropped every pass after the Falcon's game and he will be alright in my book. Can we keep him as coach?
Dude would be an incredible coach. He can coach WRs, PRs, CBs, and QBs....

For some reason I was able to take Brady moving on without any emotional reaction. Business and all that. But this definitely tugs at me -- such a great true Patriot, representing everything the franchise has symbolized for the past 20+ years. To me he's part of the "True Patriots Troika," along with Bruschi and Troy B.
I feel the same. Enjoying Tom in Tampa but emotionally Troy Freakin' Brown, Bru and The Squirrel were hard to take retiring.

Dude would be an incredible coach. He can coach WRs, PRs, CBs, and QBs....
He could see the whole field. More importantly, he knows the plays like the QB or even better for some QBs we have had lately.

Greatest receiver in Patriots history. Thank you for everything, Jules.

We don't win those 3 Superbowls without Edelman. He was a beast in all 3.

Not sure which is a more iconic play. Getting pummeled by the Seahawks and getting up and continuing or the crazy catch against atlanta?

Easily my favorite patriots receiver. Welker might have better stats. But when it came down to it in the big game Edelman always made the play

Shed more than a few tears watching that. I hope his knee doesn't hold him back from time with his family.
That was

That was well done. usually such things I find a tad unctuous but his was perfect. I loved the audio and the directors chair was pitched perfect.

Going to miss that man. Edelman played every down like his hair was on fire. He was a F*****G BOSS!

Brady & Gronk are walking into the HOF but this really caps that era imo. One of the toughest, most versatile players I've had the privilege in watching. What a player. Offense, defense, ST.

One the best WR I've seen period. His hands, hand/eye coordination and footwork were just top notch. One of the return men I've seen. Answered every call, great teammate.

I'm very lucky to have seen him play. I'll miss those whip routes. Not many guys his size took the hits he did in an open field. Guys 25+ lbs heavier getting 10 yards off steam before contact.

Such a key cog to the team success.

I hope we can have him as a receivers coach. Like Welker is on the niners
Lots of guys have Edelman’s size and speed, but the thing that made him great was his desire and I just don’t think that can be coached.

Brady & Gronk are walking into the HOF but this really caps that era imo. One of the toughest, most versatile players I've had the privilege in watching. What a player. Offense, defense, ST.

One the best WR I've seen period. His hands, hand/eye coordination and footwork were just top notch. One of the return men I've seen. Answered every call, great teammate.

I'm very lucky to have seen him play. I'll miss those whip routes. Not many guys his size took the hits he did in an open field. Guys 25+ lbs heavier getting 10 yards off steam before contact.

Such a key cog to the team success.

I don't care what anybody says, best WR in the history of the Patriots franchise. Also love Troy Brown or Welker too but let's forget stats, when it mattered the most JULES was the epitome of the hear of a champion !!!!

Cry Cry Cry GIF by MOODMAN

Gronk also retired and came back. I still expect to see Edelman play for Tampa at some point.

What would you guys think if he ends up in Tampa?

Last edited:
For some reason I was able to take Brady moving on without any emotional reaction. Business and all that. But this definitely tugs at me -- such a great true Patriot, representing everything the franchise has symbolized for the past 20+ years. To me he's part of the "True Patriots Troika," along with Bruschi and Troy B.
I think for me it hits harder because I know this is the end of the road for Edelman, whereas Brady was joining a stacked team that provided a nice season-long distraction to compensate for him not being on my team anymore.

Weird to think the longest-tenured player at WR on the roster now is Harry... (except Slater, I guess, but not counting him).

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back