PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots cut Edelman(Update- EDELMAN RETIRES)

Regular season isn't where Jules was great. Good, yes. Great in January/February. A beast, in fact...

I wasn’t comparing the two, was just taken aback by seeing Welker’s stats laid out like that.

This isn't surprising because there has been reports about the Pats moving on for a while. From the sounds of it, they have been trying to convince Edelman to retire and he may be still wanting to give it a go again. The word was that the Pats were willing to help Edelman hook up with another team if that was what he wants. Could be why they are releasing him now rather than before camp.

Everything you want in a New England Patriot. Gritty, tough, smart, and gave his all on every single snap. I would be amazed if he doesn't go into broadcasting as he seems to have plenty of charisma and a good sense of humor.

no it isn't....so why are you hating on the team without any facts?
Iron Man Reaction GIF

I really hope they have a guy that’s going to bring that fire to the team. You just knew, when **** hit the fan and the other team was trying to be a bully, JE11 would be picking fights, making tough catches, and firing up his squad. Dude didn’t take **** from NO ONE on that field. My family and I are really going to miss watching him.

Do us all a favor Jules. Hang ‘em up and keep lifting your little girl up while you can!!

Thank you for everything.

@Patjew : pickings are getting kinda slim...

It happens but he is one of my favorite player, always has been. He would do whatever they asked even while hurt.

Thank you Julies for everything.

Best wishes in the future. Take care of your health. Your injuries will hurt as you age. Rest and relax. Retire please.

Don't join Brady. Brady will destroy you physically.

In regards to the move happening before any retirement announcement - perhaps they figured this was eventually going to be the outcome and they needed the cap space now?

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back