PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots cut Brian Hoyer (EDIT: OLD THREAD - not cut recently, thread just got necro'd because people wanted to argue)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instead of the Mahomes route where you spend a year teaching and easing the rookie on all the basics down to how to travel, how to prepare for game day, how to deal with media, how to review the NFL game film that just happened the next day.... the Pats got rid of all QBs so Mac will be figuring this all out without a vet for at least a couple weeks. Oh well, he seems mature and a hard worker.
Hoyer is a veteran

It's funny how there's a group of trolls here who still insist Maroney, Chad Jackson, Dobson, NKeal Harry weren't complete and total busts.

Maroney went to the Super Bowl.

As if Brady made no difference.

God I figured someone would have figured it out by now and save me from making this post.

Hoyer is a vested vet and doesn't have to pass through waivers

The Pats cut him today and put a guy like Harry on the roster.

Harry gets put on the 6 game IR and comes off the roster

Hoyer gets resigned. Easy peasy

We aren't playing one game with only one QB. We aren't playing one PRACTICE with only one QB. In fact I wouldn't be surprised to see us sign a PS arm as well. Dogoula 3.0 would be my bet.
You vastly overestimate our lack of ignorance.

Instead of the Mahomes route where you spend a year teaching and easing the rookie on all the basics down to how to travel, how to prepare for game day, how to deal with media, how to review the NFL game film that just happened the next day.... the Pats got rid of all QBs so Mac will be figuring this all out without a vet for at least a couple weeks. Oh well, he seems mature and a hard worker.
Clearly the bionic brace he's wearing protects him from needing a backup. Lol

Edelman is sitting on couch waiting for the call.

I wonder if he feels coming back to play WR if his knees are ok now that Mac is the QB, I believe playing with Cam he was fearing for his life.

I believe that Hoyer gets more being on the Practice Squad than being a coach.

Cam had a 34 year old Edelman and James White.

Yet people here cant understand why the NE passing game was so awful. Gunner, Harry, Izzo, Byrd these guys are winners being held back. Myers is a 3rd option WR on the teams built around good WRs.
That's a fair point.

However, did Asiasi ever look capable last year? I was wondering what he was doing on the roster, personally.

A few preseason games with a qb who knows where his throws are going to end up and he looks like an NFL caliber (somewhere between PS player and JAG, currently) te. He had an excellent grab on a toss that lead him back outside away from the safety, despite having his body turned inside to track the throw. It was an excellent adjustment to a well placed ball.

Had Cam launched that pass to the same spot, he wouldn't have given it enough air to allow the adjustment and it falls incomplete.

Washington, Chicago, Miami, Houston, Indy have all had QB injuries. No one has called Cam.
How many times do we need to go over this?

NONE of those QBs are on IR and lost for the 2021 season. Only then would there be a roster opening.

How many times do we need to go over this?

NONE of those QBs are on IR and lost for the 2021 season. Only then would there be a roster opening.
Taylor and fitz are both on IR.
Just admit you are wrong. No one wants cam and he will not play a down this season, and naive never again.

Taylor and fitz are both on IR.
Just admit you are wrong. No one wants cam and he will not play a down this season, and naive never again.
It's sad that you need to resort to lying and spin when you are proven wrong time and time again. Taylor is out 3 weeks and Fitzgerald is not out for the 2021 season either.

It's sad that you need to resort to lying and spin when you are proven wrong time and time again. Taylor is out 3 weeks and Fitzgerald is not out for the 2021 season either.
Both are in IR. You said none of them are. Who’s lying?

How am I wrong when I said no one will sign Newton and you said when a qb gets injured he will get signed?

Both are in IR. You said none of them are. Who’s lying?

How am I wrong when I said no one will sign Newton and you said when a qb gets injured he will get signed?
I do not have time to educate you on the new IR rules.

Show us all where Taylor and Fitzpatrick are OUT for the entire 2021 season.

I do not have time to educate you on the new IR rules.

Show us all where Taylor and Fitzpatrick are OUT for the entire 2021 season.
I think Newton may end up in Pittsburgh eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back