PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots cut Brian Hoyer (EDIT: OLD THREAD - not cut recently, thread just got necro'd because people wanted to argue)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have gone through games in the past with only one QB on the roster. My guess is Jakobi Meyers will be the emergency QB.

If they have a QB on the roster for game one, their salary for the year is guaranteed. They will risk going through one game with just Mac Jones on the roster. It isn't a huge risk. They did this several years with Brady and I think Hoyer.

I could be wrong. Have been wrong a lot recently about Patriots QBs.
It isn't about the salary, it's about getting Harry onto IR.

It might help to have a TE and actual NFL caliber WRs.
He had Edelman until Edelman got suplexed in the Seattle game. I was surprised he stayed on the field. He was never right after that.

He has 9 lives. He’ll be back.

Last season the Pats had no PK on their initial 53. Folk and Rohrwasser signed onto the practice squad. Folk was activated to the 48 man game roster for the opener to kick in the game. Not being on the 53 man roster, Folk’s contract did not guarantee as it would have if he was on the 53.

They could do the same with Hoyer this season although I doubt they will. The most likely scenario is he’s resigned after 5 pm tomorrow after the Pats place Harry or someone else on the IR to open a spot on the 53. But, they could drag it out for awhile signing Hoyer to the PS in the short term while they keep his roster spot open to audition waiver claims or other additions for the next week or so.

N’Keal Harry is going on IR tomorrow, but he needs to be on the initial 53 to be eligible to return this season. They’ll resign Hoyer once they do that.
I think it's AFTER tomorrow that Harry can go on IR. Must be on the roster of September 1 at 4 p.m. to be able to return. Hoyer will be back on Thursday.

sorry...Hoyer cut? Like Frank White (Walken) says in King Of New York.."I feel no remorse"

Last edited:
Well there is another possibility, and that's that something came up that forced Bill's hands. Like a violation of the team's health code or code of conduct.
It wouldn't surprise me to see an NFL friendly cte study come out in the next two years after the shield's vaccine hysteria. One hand washes the other, it's not like pharma/science has never tried to addict the entire country to opiates. Time will tell, hope I am proven wrong on all of it, but sincerely doubt it.

If we see articles nationally posing the same question (as in cam being a covid vax casualty - "why was he insisting on outting his teammates at risk?!"), the NFL friendly cte study is all but guaranteed.

There was an article a few weeks ago theorizing that if people the unvaccinated looked up to (Trump was an example from the article, he tried to push the vax a week or two later and was boo'd for it) people who they saw change their mind, it woukd convince them to as well.

Enter the NFL. Seems awful strange that its national news for some scrub wr to get massive fines over no mask when unvaccinated and then further national coverage when he caves to his employer and gets the jab.

If you carefully read the news and actually think about why the article was written, not just what it says, all this **** becomes predictable.

Kinda like seeing who the DNC forced in 2016, and calling a Biden/Kamala ticket when both appeared DOA, because it was the longest tenured choice (DNC horrified by the far left, younger base that brought them to power. However, they could risk alienating the far left given Trump as motivation) with the obvious PC Box-ticking favorite. Was there even a man's name suggested for VP? I don't recall hearing any, but I wasn't interested in anything the DNC was offering after Yang got Bernie'd and Bernie announced his federal jobs guarantee (then Yang took establishment advice, which killed his political career in NYC, imo. His platform is a threat to the status quo, he has no chance).

God I figured someone would have figured it out by now and save me from making this post.

Hoyer is a vested vet and doesn't have to pass through waivers

The Pats cut him today and put a guy like Harry on the roster.

Harry gets put on the 6 game IR and comes off the roster

Hoyer gets resigned. Easy peasy

We aren't playing one game with only one QB. We aren't playing one PRACTICE with only one QB. In fact I wouldn't be surprised to see us sign a PS arm as well. Dogoula 3.0 would be my bet.

God I figured someone would have figured it out by now and save me from making this post.

Hoyer is a vested vet and doesn't have to pass through waivers

The Pats cut him today and put a guy like Harry on the roster.

Harry gets put on the 6 game IR and comes off the roster

Hoyer gets resigned. Easy peasy

Yeah I had noted in the big cut thread this could be merged there. Hoyer will be back

It wouldn't surprise me to see an NFL friendly cte study come out in the next two years after the shield's vaccine hysteria. One hand washes the other, it's not like pharma/science has never tried to addict the entire country to opiates. Time will tell, hope I am proven wrong on all of it, but sincerely doubt it.

If we see articles nationally posing the same question (as in cam being a covid vax casualty - "why was he insisting on outting his teammates at risk?!"), the NFL friendly cte study is all but guaranteed.

There was an article a few weeks ago theorizing that if people the unvaccinated looked up to (Trump was an example from the article, he tried to push the vax a week or two later and was boo'd for it) people who they saw change their mind, it woukd convince them to as well.

Enter the NFL. Seems awful strange that its national news for some scrub wr to get massive fines over no mask when unvaccinated and then further national coverage when he caves to his employer and gets the jab.

If you carefully read the news and actually think about why the article was written, not just what it says, all this **** becomes predictable.

Kinda like seeing who the DNC forced in 2016, and calling a Biden/Kamala ticket when both appeared DOA, because it was the longest tenured choice (DNC horrified by the far left, younger base that brought them to power. However, they could risk alienating the far left given Trump as motivation) with the obvious PC Box-ticking favorite. Was there even a man's name suggested for VP? I don't recall hearing any, but I wasn't interested in anything the DNC was offering after Yang got Bernie'd and Bernie announced his federal jobs guarantee (then Yang took establishment advice, which killed his political career in NYC, imo. His platform is a threat to the status quo, he has no chance).
1630487674872.gif

Hoyer to practice squad for now.

For those of us who want a legit QB2 this is good news.

That might mean they are targeting someone who might be able to win them some games if Mac can't go

Could be? Jesus. Who the **** else is going to back up Mac?
He’s still out there…

tim tebow GIF

Instead of the Mahomes route where you spend a year teaching and easing the rookie on all the basics down to how to travel, how to prepare for game day, how to deal with media, how to review the NFL game film that just happened the next day.... the Pats got rid of all QBs so Mac will be figuring this all out without a vet for at least a couple weeks. Oh well, he seems mature and a hard worker.

He is better than your man Maroney.

Houston will deal Watson. Cam to the Texans.

It's funny how there's a group of trolls here who still insist Maroney, Chad Jackson, Dobson, NKeal Harry weren't complete and total busts.

He had Edelman until Edelman got suplexed in the Seattle game. I was surprised he stayed on the field. He was never right after that.
Cam had a 34 year old Edelman and James White.

Yet people here cant understand why the NE passing game was so awful. Gunner, Harry, Izzo, Byrd these guys are winners being held back. Myers is a 3rd option WR on the teams built around good WRs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back