PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots coaching staff.... What's going on???

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
So, here we are, it's Combine time, and the Patriots haven't announced anything in terms of replacements.

Here are the positions they lost:
- Defensive Coordinator
- D-Line Coach
- LB Coach
- Cornerback Coach
- WR Coach

Yes, there have been rumblings that Schiano will be the DC. But it still strikes me as odd that the Patriots haven't made any announcements to fill these positions especially at such a critical time of year.

My guess is (and I'm purely speculating here), that the responsibilities of the position coaches are primarily day to day instruction and communication of concepts. So once you have your Offensive and Defensive coordinators, everyone else can kind of be in flux during the team building part of the off season. I highly doubt, for example, that Brendan Daly had a lot of direct input into what happens on draft day. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm not ready to panic yet. I'll worry if they're going into OTA's and Steve Belichick is the only defensive assistant.

Last year’s hires, albeit only an assistant special teams coach and coaching assistant, weren’t announced until May 22.

Last year’s hires, albeit only an assistant special teams coach and coaching assistant, weren’t announced until May 22.

On the eve of the OTAs open to the media.

• Agree
Reactions: ALP
Kinda OT: but I'd pay good money for an in-depth documentary about what the various coaches responsibilities and days were, including who is just running drills, vs. those that teach technique, vs. those that evaluate talent, vs. those that do game day strategy, then film, cap management, etc.

No problem. The draft is run by BB consulting with Ernie Adams and his 1024 qbit quantum computer

I don't think Ernie Adams has anything to do with the draft. More like BB and Caserio.

I have a feeling we will know more this week at the combine. Someone will be wearing Pats gear we didn't suspect. Here are my predictions...

Offensive coaches
  • Offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach – Josh McDaniels
  • Offensive line – Dante Scarnecchia
  • Running backs – Ivan Fears
  • Wide receivers – Nick Caley
  • Tight ends - Cole Popovich
  • Quarterbacks assistant coach – Mick Lombardi
Defensive coaches

I don't think Ernie Adams has anything to do with the draft. More like BB and Caserio.

I think he does but it’s not in terms of picking the actual players, but is more abstract research regarding value, types of players that succeed, both physically and mentally, and any other research regarding prospects that Belichick wants done.

Staff changes under Belichick never mattered before and they don't now.

BB in the past has said that he prefers a smaller staff so that he can be more hands on.

I am not even worried about it as long as we have Brady, BB, McD, Scars, and Adams.

No problem. The draft is run by BB consulting with Ernie Adams and his 1024 qbit quantum computer

Inside the Patriots draft room: Round 1

He's literally in the room on draft day.

That's just about enough out of the three of you. Any more and you're liable to end up in witless protection...or worse.

ernie adams.jpg

Last edited:
I'm guessing it'll be largely covered by the current coaching staff plus Schiano:

- Defensive Coordinator - Schiano
- D-Line Coach - Bielema
- LB Coach - Covington (assisted Flores w/LB in 2018)
- Cornerback Coach - Schiano
- WR Coach - Not sure about this but we hired a new assistant OL coach so the previous AOL coach could move to TE bumping Caley to WR?

Also Steve Belichick could move to give more well rounded background. Brian, perhaps also. Plenty of potential promotees. Schiano maybe not at CB but DB is his specialty and Flores kept LB also.

So, here we are, it's Combine time, and the Patriots haven't announced anything in terms of replacements.

Here are the positions they lost:
- Defensive Coordinator
- D-Line Coach
- LB Coach
- Cornerback Coach
- WR Coach

Yes, there have been rumblings that Schiano will be the DC. But it still strikes me as odd that the Patriots haven't made any announcements to fill these positions especially at such a critical time of year.

I don't understand your issue. Do you think just because they have not send out a press release that they have not replaced anyone yet ? They will quietly update the positions on the website whenever they are required to do so and that is it. But I would be shocked if most of the positions have not been filled for weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News