PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Coaching News / Interview Tracker / NFL Tracker [Quick Updates]

All quiet on offensive coaches.
It’s Mcdaniels isn’t it?

Tracker has been updated

Two DC interviews hit the news cycle...
Broncos DB Coach Christian Parker
Saints LB Coach Michael Hodges

On the OC front, as has been widely reported (and discussed) Bill O'Brien to take OSU OC role

Links

I'm starting to get worried about this Mayo decision - without a GM, or staff hiring oversight, it could go off the rails quickly.
He's interviewing 4 candidates for DC (when you still technically have Steve Jr, Covington, etc in the building), and he's the real DC.
But you have ABSOLUTELY ZERO on the Offensive side. (BOB seems to be leaving, and hopefully Judge/Achord)
OC and ST should be at the top of the list! But it's crickets.

I'm starting to get worried about this Mayo decision - without a GM, or staff hiring oversight, it could go off the rails quickly.
He's interviewing 4 candidates for DC (when you still technically have Steve Jr, Covington, etc in the building), and he's the real DC.
But you have ABSOLUTELY ZERO on the Offensive side. (BOB seems to be leaving, and hopefully Judge/Achord)
OC and ST should be at the top of the list! But it's crickets.
He could also be interviewing these candidates to help their reputation.
Or could be offering them position coach jobs knowing Covingiton is his DL coach, Steve is his dC, Brian and Boyer will pry be back.
I don’t see a issue with adding more coaches to what was the lightest coaching staff volume wise in the league last season.

From the "it list" of potential OC's, I'd be happy with these new guys (in order of preference):
- Shane Waldron
- Chad O'Shea
- Zac Robinson
- Wes Welker

That big blank next to OC tells me it’s Josh coming back.
Even if Josh did come back, they need to interview two minority external candidates before they can hire Josh, per the Rooney Rule.

The candidates interviewed so far for DC will fulfill that requirement on that side, so they would be able to promote Covington or Steve B if they wanted to at that point. But they are probably also holding their breath a bit waiting for Bill to take a job and start calling guys to come with him, and seeing who is on deck. Once they see who wants to go, who they can't stop from leaving because they got a promotion, and who doesn't get a call, they get a better picture. But the longer Bill takes, the more complicated it becomes.

Regardless of all of that, they need to at least start doing some minority OC interviews at a minimum.

Frustrated Parks And Recreation GIF

All these discussions are happening all over the place, simultaneously. I don't get why grown adults can't control themselves and take it someplace else so we have one thread that's news and not polluted with ********. We manage it in the transaction thread.
Totally agree :thumbsup:

Unfortunately this is a fan message-board so this is what we’re gonna get. Chaos is the norm! :rofl:

Even if Josh did come back, they need to interview two minority external candidates before they can hire Josh, per the Rooney Rule.

The candidates interviewed so far for DC will fulfill that requirement on that side, so they would be able to promote Covington or Steve B if they wanted to at that point. But they are probably also holding their breath a bit waiting for Bill to take a job and start calling guys to come with him, and seeing who is on deck. Once they see who wants to go, who they can't stop from leaving because they got a promotion, and who doesn't get a call, they get a better picture. But the longer Bill takes, the more complicated it becomes.

Regardless of all of that, they need to at least start doing some minority OC interviews at a minimum.
As soon as Bill gets announced, I have a feeling **** is gonna start moving very quickly. He's the X-factor in all of this.

So, to be clear, are the 2 DC interviews required before they could name Stevie B the DC?
not saying they are just checking boxes, but even though Steve is the incumbent, he wasn't listed as DC, so it'd still have to go through Rooney to promote from within for a coordinator?

RE: Rams Asst. ST coach Jeremy Springer being interviewed by Mayo... this was verbatim from the article:

"...the Rams’ special teams unit was the worst in football, but the Patriots obviously like what Springer brings to the table."

So, to be clear, are the 2 DC interviews required before they could name Stevie B the DC?
not saying they are just checking boxes, but even though Steve is the incumbent, he wasn't listed as DC, so it'd still have to go through Rooney to promote from within for a coordinator?
Correct, Steve is subject to the rules because he was not the DC already.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back