PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots @ Bucs this season:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing that there will be a huge number of Patriots fans at the game in Tampa Bay

The last time the Pats were supposed to play at the Bucs the game was flexed to the UK. In 2008?? or 2009? I cant remember but I was realllllyyy bummed about it. I have attended every preseason game the Pats have played @ the Bucs. I cannot WAIT for this game. I will be there for sure!!

If anyone lives nearby and would like to meet up, then I'm putting it out there that I am planning on attending this one. It's a bit of a far drive for me, but I still plan on being there.

I'm in Tampa but a September day game identifies the limits to the suffering I'll do for the team :).

I'm in Tampa but a September day game identifies the limits to the suffering I'll do for the team :).
Lmao. I know what you mean. I'm definitely be wearing a visor and likely a Pats shirt with cut off sleeves. I'll also be plenty hydrated.

I believe this will be the first time Brady has ever played in Tampa, crazily enough. Because the last time we were a road team against them, it was in London back in 09. The matchups in 05 and 13 against them were at home, and in 2001 the division's weren't realigned yet.

Is there any other place that Brady has not played, not counting LA?

Yep, he got SF off his list last year so Tampa Bay is all that remains.

If my memory serves me well the only teams he has not defeated in the other teams home stadium is the Buccaneers (obviously), Saints, and Seahawks.

Again (not counting LA), after all, he has beaten the Rams in their home stadium before (just in STL).

The last few years the Bucs (just like Miami) have asked the NFL to limit early season home games in order to boost attendance. If they do play at home in September they request a night game or a late kickoff. Fans were staying away rather than wilting away.

That's better than a 1:00 game though to be honest, not much. While fans are at least out of the sun at its highest point it is still really rough. Unlike northern climates the heat and humidity barely drop at all late in the day and early evening in September in central Florida.

Last year the Bucs first four home games were
week 3 (9/25) at 4:00 (loss),
week 4 (10/2) at 4:00 (loss),
week 8 (10/30) at 1:00 (loss), and
week 9 (11/3) at 8:30 (loss)

In 2015 Tampa's first four home games were
week 1 (9/13) at 4:30 (loss),
week 4 (10/4) at 1:00 (loss),
week 5 (10/11) at 1:00 (win), and
week 9 (11/8) at 4:00 (loss)

In 2014 their first four home games were
week 1 (9/7) at 4:30 (loss),
week 2 (9/14) at 4:00 (loss),
week 6 (10/12) at 1:00 (loss), and
week 8 (10/26) at 1:00 (loss)

That's just four September home games in three years, and ten September/October home games in three years. The game is more likely (hopefully) to occur later on in cooler (for Florida) weather - ie, perfect weather for someone visiting from New England.

The last few years the Bucs (just like Miami) have asked the NFL to limit early season home games in order to boost attendance. If they do play at home in September they request a night game or a late kickoff. Fans were staying away rather than wilting away.

That's better than a 1:00 game though to be honest, not much. While fans are at least out of the sun at its highest point it is still really rough. Unlike northern climates the heat and humidity barely drop at all late in the day and early evening in September in central Florida.

Last year the Bucs first four home games were
week 3 (9/25) at 4:00 (loss),
week 4 (10/2) at 4:00 (loss),
week 8 (10/30) at 1:00 (loss), and
week 9 (11/3) at 8:30 (loss)

In 2015 Tampa's first four home games were
week 1 (9/13) at 4:30 (loss),
week 4 (10/4) at 1:00 (loss),
week 5 (10/11) at 1:00 (win), and
week 9 (11/8) at 4:00 (loss)

In 2014 their first four home games were
week 1 (9/7) at 4:30 (loss),
week 2 (9/14) at 4:00 (loss),
week 6 (10/12) at 1:00 (loss), and
week 8 (10/26) at 1:00 (loss)

That's just four September home games in three years, and ten September/October home games in three years. The game is more likely (hopefully) to occur later on in cooler (for Florida) weather - ie, perfect weather for someone visiting from New England.

Thanks for the excellent info JMT.

While 8:00pm start on a September evening is definitely! better than 1:00pm, I'm only a few years into Tampa residency coming from 2 decades in an arid state. I'm still not acclimated to Tampa summers that seem to be one step from Central America rain forest type humidity. Outside for up to 4 hours, hovering in the 80s at sundown, tightly crowded seating/concessions, limited AC zones, 110% :) humidity? Still too rough for me.
So far I live by these guidelines: get all required outside/attic house work done October(at earliest) - May(at latest), in between I generally limit my distance away from the pool or an enclosed and comfortable AC area, at worst sitting below a well operating ceiling fan above. For me June thru September it is perfect time for a cold one, pool, thunderstorm watching along with the occasional noteworthy creature that walks-slithers-crawls out of the nearby forest/swamp......and watching a September game at Raymond James on the 70" TV in my living room. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes