PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots are 27/32 on cash tracker for this year as of 4-18

That isnt my theory in the slightest, but good job spiraling. But its perfect you chose the two guys whos teams had no playoff success without them to diminish their importance :rofl:
Deshaun Watson led the entire NFL in passing yards, had the 2nd best QB Rating in the league in 2020... but only won 4 games.

You told us we only needed a superior QB to be relevant.

Explain this paradox?

Which one of them was Mahomes?
Mahomes is magic when he wins a ring, when he doesn't... it's because of everyone else.

Typical QB fanboy garbage.

Mahomes is magic when he wins a ring, when he doesn't... it's because of everyone else.

Typical QB fanboy garbage.
Nope, not even close to what I said...While you're at it, you can explain to me how you so badly misinterpreted the defensive numbers and why rankings no longer matter? Funny how you conveniently skipped over that in this response

Deshaun Watson led the entire NFL in passing yards, had the 2nd best QB Rating in the league in 2020... but only won 4 games.

Explain this paradox?
I told you the Chiefs will be competitive yearly, regardless of spending, because of Mahomes along with Reid coaching...Somehow you are talking about Watson in 2020. You have lost touch with reality

I told you the Chiefs will be competitive yearly, regardless of spending, because of Mahomes and Reid...Somehow you are talking about Watson in 2020. You have lost touch with reality
Oh... now Reid matters? Goals keep moving...

Deshaun Watson led the entire NFL in passing yards and total offense (Mahomes was #2) in 2020... but only won 4 games.

Explain this paradox... and stop ducking the question?

Nope, not even close to what I said...While you're at it, you can explain to me how you so badly misinterpreted the defensive numbers and why rankings no longer matter? Funny how you conveniently skipped over that in this response
I didn't misinterpret the defensive numbers, the Chiefs defense going from #2 in points allowed to #4 doesn't make them twice as bad. That's now how it works. Even when they weren't as good in points allowed they were still a near a top ten defense. There were a couple outlier years with Mahomes where the defense was poor in the regular season and improved as injured defenders got healthy, it still doesn't make them bad.

Deshaun Watson led the entire NFL in passing yards and total offense (Mahomes was #2) in 2020... but only won 4 games.

Explain this paradox... and stop ducking the question?
giphy.gif

I didn't misinterpret the defensive numbers, the Chiefs defense going from #2 in points allowed to #4 doesn't make them twice as bad. That's now how it works. Even when they weren't as good in points allowed they were still a near a top ten defense.
I gave you the five years, they averaged being 18th in the league...Is that good? You started by saying they were better in the Mahomes years then the Smith years...Backpedal faster.
There were a couple outlier years with Mahomes where the defense was poor in the regular season and improved as injured defenders got healthy, it still doesn't make them bad.
Rankings no longer matter, so I know you arent the type of person to say Brady never won without a top 10 defense right?

Oh... now Reid matters? Goals keep moving...
I have praised Reid throughout this thread, you can look it up...Pointing out that he never won without Mahomes is a fact unfortunately. You just see what you want to see...Mahomes being the centerpiece doesnt mean Reid is meaningless

Here is what I said a few pages ago and you responded to it with something about Patricia...Again not relevant
"The battery of Mahomes and Reid is what will make them contenders year in and year out.. Reid and Mahomes are pushing into the echelon of BB and Brady. As long as theyre functioning, theyre going to contend."

You are grasping at something, for some reason this is it. No matter how many times you ask, itll never be relevant to the conversation. I also dont base how good a quarterback is on yardage. Maybe thats your thing

Last edited:
I gave you the five years, they averaged being 18th in the league...Is that good? You started by saying they were better in the Mahomes years then the Smith years...Backpedal faster.

Rankings no longer matter, so I know you arent the type of person to say Brady never won without a top 10 defense right?
The year the Chiefs won a Super Bowl in 2019 the team scored the 5th most points and gave up the 7th fewest points.

Last season they gave up more points, but their defense in the playoffs led the entire postseason in forced turnovers and sacks.

Where is "bad?"

You are grasping at something, for some reason this is it. No matter how many times you ask, itll never be relevant to the conversation. I also dont base how good a quarterback is on yardage. Maybe thats your thing
Deshaun Watson led the entire NFL in passing yards, total offense (Mahomes was #2) and had the 2nd highest QB Rating in 2020... but only won 4 games.

You told us teams only needed a superior QB to be relevant.

I asked you to explain this paradox and stop ducking the question... you ducked the question... again.

The year the Chiefs won a Super Bowl in 2019 the team scored the 5th most points and gave up the 7th fewest points.
So is PPG your standard? I think its incredibly flawed stat, I prefer Points per drive, but if that is your basis then sure they ranked 7th.

No matter which way you slice this, the Alex Smith Defenses were better
Last season they gave up more points, but their defense in the playoffs led the entire postseason in forced turnovers and sacks.

Where is "bad?"
They were 16th in PPG and 21st in Points per Drive...I wouldnt consider it good...Would you?

Deshaun Watson led the entire NFL in passing yards, total offense (Mahomes was #2) and had the 2nd highest QB Rating in 2020... but only won 4 games.

You told us teams only needed a superior QB to be relevant.

I asked you to explain this paradox and stop ducking the question... you ducked the question... again.
Youre asking me to answer a question to something I have never tried to argue...Focus on staying on topic, youll have better results

But your argument of empty stats not translating to wins is accurate.

Youre asking me to answer a question to something I have never tried to argue...Focus on staying on topic, youll have better results

But your argument of empty stats not translating to wins is accurate.
It’s the exact thing you stated.

The Chiefs were going to be relevant as long as they had Mahomes. In 2020 Watson was a hair better than Mahomes, but only won 4 games. His defense was trash, his OLine was trash, all he had was decent weapons.

Put Mahomes on a trash team and the result will be the same. Team matters more than how magical your QB is. The difference between the best of the best QB’s is negligible.

It’s the exact thing you stated.

The Chiefs were going to be relevant as long as they had Mahomes. In 2020 Watson was a hair better than Mahomes, but only won 4 games. His defense was trash, his OLine was trash, all he had was decent weapons.
So youre saying I didnt say anything about Watson? Thanks for confirming
Put Mahomes on a trash team and the result will be the same. Team matters more than how magical your QB is. The difference between the best of the best QB’s is negligible.
Again, feel free to believe what you want.

So youre saying I didnt say anything about Watson? Thanks for confirming

Again, feel free to believe what you want.
I asked you to explain how Watson can rank #1 in 2020 in total offense and Mahomes can rank #2… yet Watson only wins 4 games and Mahomes wins 14 and gets to a Super Bowl?

You told us all it was due to the QB?

I asked you to explain how Watson can rank #1 in 2020 in total offense and Mahomes can rank #2… yet Watson only wins 4 games and Mahomes wins 14 and gets to a Super Bowl?
"The battery of Mahomes and Reid is what will make them contenders year in and year out.. Reid and Mahomes are pushing into the echelon of BB and Brady. As long as theyre functioning, theyre going to contend."

Here is what I said, you mustve have missed it when you were arguing incorrectly about hte defense

You told us all it was due to the QB?
You cant read

Here is what I said, you mustve have missed it when you were arguing incorrectly about hte defense
The KC defense has played great when they won rings. There was nothing incorrect about that except you saying because they slipped a couple notches from top three to top ten makes them bad. Good is still good.
You cant read
What you wrote after it was pointed out how dumb your magic QB theory was, is just you moving to goalposts again.

Nothing matters except magic QB’s… only Watson wasn’t magic enough in 2020… even though he was better than Mahomes.

The best statistical QB in the league in 2020 won 4 games. Seems team matters more than who the QB is.

The KC defense has played great when they won rings. There was nothing incorrect about that except you saying because they slipped a couple notches from top three to top ten makes them bad. Good is still good.
You said the defenses were better under Mahomes, the first time you were incorrect...Now Points per Drive doesnt matter, only points per game. In which in 2022 they were still bad, and won anyway. You have lost credibility here
What you wrote after it was pointed out how dumb your magic QB theory was, is just you moving to goalposts again.

Nothing matters except magic QB’s… only Watson wasn’t magic enough in 2020… even though he was better than Mahomes.

The best statistical QB in the league in 2020 won 4 games. Seems team matters more than who the QB is.
I wrote that about 3 pages ago...You responded with something about Patricia...You are scatterbrained, not my problem

You said the defenses were better under Mahomes, the first time you were incorrect...Now Points per Drive doesnt matter, only points per game. In which in 2022 they were still bad, and won anyway. You have lost credibility here
I said defense, offensive line, coaching, player personnel… you chose to focus solely on defensive stats and ignore style of play and everything else.
I wrote that about 3 pages ago...You responded with something about Patricia...You are scatterbrained, not my problem
The best statistical QB in the league in 2020 won 4 games, the #2 QB won 14 games. Seems team matters more than who the QB is.

Of course you don’t want to talk about Deshaun Watson in 2020… my point exactly. You see team success and attribute it all to the QB, and that take is sht.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back