PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots and Chris Hogan started contract talks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amendola just signed a 2 year 12M dollar contract at 32. he can be cut next year with no cap hit so it could also be seen as a 1 year 6M dollar contract.

In his 3 years with the Patriots Amendola had 2 pretty healthy years where he played in 14 games or more. He had 650 yards in those years and 250 yards in an injured year. Add in that he had a number of very impressive playoff games.

Hogan in his 2 years here has been healthy once and injured once. When healthy for 15 games he got 680 yards. When healthy for about 9 he got 439 yards.

He also had some very nice playoff performances. I think he never got the credit for those that he deserved. Seeing as he is 3 years younger just about he should be worth more right now than Amendola on the open market. But if he wants to stay with the Patriots he will need to take a minor discount. The question is, is he willing.

I think the contract Hogan can get on the open market is about 4 years 24M (if he wants a longer contract) or 3 years 20M (if he wants a shorter one).

The Patriots are not willing to pay him more than Edelman of course (making a 5.5M average).

Hogan to be here would need to sign for something like 3 years 14M is my guess.

That's a lot of money to give up.

Amendola just signed a 2 year 12M dollar contract at 32. he can be cut next year with no cap hit so it could also be seen as a 1 year 6M dollar contract.

In his 3 years with the Patriots Amendola had 2 pretty healthy years where he played in 14 games or more. He had 650 yards in those years and 250 yards in an injured year. Add in that he had a number of very impressive playoff games.

Hogan in his 2 years here has been healthy once and injured once. When healthy for 15 games he got 680 yards. When healthy for about 9 he got 439 yards.

He also had some very nice playoff performances. I think he never got the credit for those that he deserved. Seeing as he is 3 years younger just about he should be worth more right now than Amendola on the open market. But if he wants to stay with the Patriots he will need to take a minor discount. The question is, is he willing.

I think the contract Hogan can get on the open market is about 4 years 24M (if he wants a longer contract) or 3 years 20M (if he wants a shorter one).

The Patriots are not willing to pay him more than Edelman of course (making a 5.5M average).

Hogan to be here would need to sign for something like 3 years 14M is my guess.

That's a lot of money to give up.

He’s coming off a season where he was injured. Turned 30. Idk. I wish we had some young wrs but we stink at drafting them.

Patriots better hope Hogan doesn't have a Big year because there will be no incentive for him to stay here when another Teams could easily overpay *Last Big Payday*. That said I hope they come to a deal sooner rather than later the Pats have nothing in the pipeline coming up. So if I'm Hogan's Agent I'm playing hard ball all the way he has the leverage.

What about we poach the WR scout for the Steelers and get a decent guy out of the draft

What about we poach the WR scout for the Steelers and get a decent guy out of the draft

Of course there is some here who would tell you their success rate at the position isn't as impressive compared to the Patriots.:rolleyes::D

Hogan, amendola, edelman, Gronk, prime Bennet, cook, white, lewis, Blount + a slightly younger Brady...a real defense/ hell even with no defense we would kill everyone.

Hogan, amendola, edelman, Gronk, prime Bennet, cook, white, lewis, Blount + a slightly younger Brady...a real defense/ hell even with no defense we would kill everyone.

Almost happened last year, I remember Brady saying people will never understand how big of a lost Edelman was after he tore his acl and the proof is in the pudding

Brady
Cooks
Edelman ( If he didnt Tear ACL)
Hogan (If healthy)
Amendola
Gronkowski
Bennett (If he didnt get IRd, would of been overkill any how)
Lewis
White

And a healthy Hightower and atleast some D players not getting hurt and you can see why we kept being projected to go undefeated in 2017.

All RFA WR free agents next season not including Exclusive restricted free agents

Josh Gordon WR CLE RFA -
Josh Huff WR NO RFA -
Vince Mayle WR BAL RFA -
Matt Hazel WR IND RFA -
Jordan Taylor WR DEN RFA -
Geronimo Allison WR GB RFA -
Eli Rogers WR PIT RFA -
Damiere Byrd WR CAR RFA -
Lucky Whitehead WR NYJ RFA -
Kalif Raymond WR NYG RFA -
Maurice Harris WR WAS RFA -
D.J. Foster WR ARI RFA -
Rashard Higgins WR CLE RFA -
DeAndrew White WR DEN RFA -
Roger Lewis WR NYG RFA -
Robby Anderson WR NYJ RFA -
Johnny Holton WR OAK RFA -
Tommylee Lewis WR NO RFA -
Alex Erickson WR CIN RFA -
Chester Rogers WR IND RFA -
Gordon please.

I dunno. Seems to me that Hogan has that "it" skill. Doesn't make a ton of yards, but makes some important and very nice completions. He always seems to sell out and makes the opponent take due diligence of his position each play he's on the field.

Injuries aside, Hogan is a footballer, and I'd hope the F/O finds a way to keep him here for another year or two.

I'm sorry if this comes off harsh but it's truly & shockingly amazing that some are still confused about the way NE handles its business.

The Patriots favor smart, chemistry, timing & trust at the WR position as opposed to 40 time, upside, talent etc

It'll be an interesting offseason w Gronk a year older & a WR corp that needs an obvious infusion of talent & youth.

Larry Fitzgerald would have been great here in his last swan song. He has been very loyal to the cardinals. He deserves to go out with a ring. I think he’s a guy that would come here and make plays immediately just like moss did.

Gordon please.
Gordon?? Why? You realize he is not in camp right?
Gordon is still in Gainesville, Fla., under the care of his NFL-sanctioned medical team, and his future is in its hands. If his doctors believe he's ready to handle the demands of an NFL season and stay clean and sober, they will allow him to come back.

Dez Bryant visiting Browns today and Josh Gordon still expected back: 8 things to know

Reports suggest that Gordon decided not to show up for camp because he had a custody/support hearing on 7/23.
Sadly, I think josh just has a hard time with life.

Larry Fitzgerald would have been great here in his last swan song. He has been very loyal to the cardinals. He deserves to go out with a ring. I think he’s a guy that would come here and make plays immediately just like moss did.

He's a free agent next season and he was 34 in 2017 and had 1,156 REC yards, depending on how he does this season at 35, we'll see if he's worth pursing in 2019.

He's a free agent next season and he was 34 in 2017 and had 1,156 REC yards, depending on how he does this season at 35, we'll see if he's worth pursing in 2019.

Yes but you never know when he will get old. It’s a shame he plays for the cardinals who likely will go nowhere again this season.

White has such great patience and vision, he's a great testament to the scouting department and coaching staff for developing him

Patriots better hope Hogan doesn't have a Big year because there will be no incentive for him to stay here when another Teams could easily overpay *Last Big Payday*. That said I hope they come to a deal sooner rather than later the Pats have nothing in the pipeline coming up. So if I'm Hogan's Agent I'm playing hard ball all the way he has the leverage.

I don't really see how Hogan has the leverage here, who else is going to pay him? If he can't break 700 yards in New England in his 20s, who's going to pay him WR2 money into his 30s? I hope the Pats extend him, but remember that even Welker had to ultimately settle for less in Denver than what the Pats initially offered him. The Pats know the WR market pretty well; if he's looking to get a lot more than what the Pats are offering in FA, I don't think he'll like he sees when he hits the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft