PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots activate WR N'Keal Harry off IR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chad Bethel Dobson.
Saying I Dont want it to be that before I get destroyed with thumbs down.
Im starting him in both my Big fantasy leagues this week.
Hoping for the stars and the moon.

I was reading about Harry. One thing I noticed is that many websites have him as 6'2" (Combine as well). Yet, many other websites says he is 6'4".

Yeah, only 2" difference, but size does matter.... :rolleyes:
Yea I cant stand how there are conflicting reports re: his height.

I try to go by this. Seems like the single-source of truth..?

N'keal Harry - MockDraftable

One thing that seems universal.....228lbs. Hes a load.

Yea I cant stand how there are conflicting reports re: his height.

I try to go by this. Seems like the single-source of truth..?

N'keal Harry - MockDraftable

One thing that seems universal.....228lbs. Hes a load.

They were comparing him with Josh Gordon... If Harry can be our Josh Gordon of 2012-2013, I'd be happy.

Josh Gordon Stats:

upload_2019-11-3_10-23-29.png

Until he proves otherwise by staying on the field, he's Hart Lee Dykes 2.0...

1. They had to activate him yesterday by 5pm or else he was done for the year.

2. It don’t understand your logic on Sanu. They should sit Harry so that Sanu can get more reps and targets tonight? First of all, even if Harry is active (seems likely but we don’t know yet for sure) I doubt that will effect Sanu’s reps. Second, they drafted Harry to make an impact this year. Yes he is a rookie but he is also more talented than Sanu and has much more knowledge about the Pats offense.

If only one of the two could be active, I would pick Sanu at this point because of his experience, track record of production in more than one offensive system and the fact that TB12 has a hair across his ass when it comes to rookie WRs. That limit, however, does not exist, so if Harry has looked football fit and confident in practice, there is no reason to make him inactive tonight. He has big play potential every snap, given his size, strength and contested catch abilities. He may only see the field in 4 WR sets and in the red zone for now but when he is on the field, he will present a different type of challenge for the Ravens DBs and that’s obviously a good thing.

Both receivers - Sanu and Harry - will have opportunities against the Ravens defense. Without looking, name one linebacker for the Ravens. The Ravens defense is perfect for Brady to have a good evening if the OL can give him 2.5 to 3.5 seconds to make his reads.

The strength of the Ravens pass defense is at the line and at safety. Short and intermediate routes will be available all day. If the Ravens bring their safeties up, watch for a couple of shots down the field to Harry. Dorsett always gets one or two long targets due to his speed and reliable route running.

Sanu and Edelman will keep heads spinning over the middle today, leaving Dorsett and Harry with lots of single coverage outside. The Ravens' corners are good, but nothing special. Ben Watson should have several opportunities up the seam.

It's too bad that James White appears to be out with a foot issue.

I was reading about Harry. One thing I noticed is that many websites have him as 6'2" (Combine as well). Yet, many other websites says he is 6'4".

Yeah, only 2" difference, but size does matter.... :rolleyes:
He’s closer to 6’3” which is great.

Saying I Dont want it to be that before I get destroyed with thumbs down.
Im starting him in both my Big fantasy leagues this week.
Hoping for the stars and the moon.
Some people have a hard time with sarcasm on here.

I didn't realize he bench pressed 225 lbs 27 times...his weight. Impressive.
You can watch it on YouTube. He’s very strong.

Brady needs to get over this mistrust of rookies. If the kid can play throw him the ball.

Everyone was saying "see meyers was just a preseason performer" when brady refused to look his way earlier in the season. Then when brady was forced to throw to hin with no Dorsett or Gordon look what happened. Meyers caught 85% of his passes and looks like the same player as he was in preseason

Working these guys into the offense only makes the team better

Seems like you're buying into the mediot's narrative and their elaborated "Brady doesn't throw to the rookies" a little too much imo.

I think the trust is earned during practice. As we know the Pats run a lot of option routes which when everyone is on the same page is tough to defend. It's a key advantage that has resulted in top scoring offenses year after year without barn burning receivers. Unfortunately it's also frustrating to watch it sputter along while waiting for the new guys to get up to speed. When Brady throws to Edelman it's often before Jules makes his break and as we've seen at times it can be impossible to stop. But we've also seen when Brady and the new receiver aren't on the same page it leads to negative plays including interceptions.

So it's not that Brady doesn't want to throw to the new guys it's just the new guys haven't shown the decision making ability during practice.

All that said I think Harry is a different kind of receiver. I think because of his size, strength and ability to win the contested catches Brady will throw a few non option type passes his way. If Hill is matched up against a short DB expect a back shoulder or a highpoint type of throw from Brady. Sideline stuff. Maybe some straight slants. We'll see.

Last edited:
All that said I think Hill is a different kind of receiver. I think because of his size, strength and ability to win the contested catches Brady will throw a few non option type passes his way. If Hill is matched up against a short DB expect a back shoulder or a highpoint type of throw from Brady. Sideline stuff. Maybe some straight slants. We'll see.
Hill?

Both receivers - Sanu and Harry - will have opportunities against the Ravens defense. Without looking, name one linebacker for the Ravens. The Ravens defense is perfect for Brady to have a good evening if the OL can give him 2.5 to 3.5 seconds to make his reads.

The strength of the Ravens pass defense is at the line and at safety. Short and intermediate routes will be available all day. If the Ravens bring their safeties up, watch for a couple of shots down the field to Harry. Dorsett always gets one or two long targets due to his speed and reliable route running.

Sanu and Edelman will keep heads spinning over the middle today, leaving Dorsett and Harry with lots of single coverage outside. The Ravens' corners are good, but nothing special. Ben Watson should have several opportunities up the seam.

It's too bad that James White appears to be out with a foot issue.
Who is saying White is out?

Tom Brady on N'Keal Harry: 'It's gonna be up to him to put the effort in'

Brady’s attitude when it comes to rookie WRs is really starting to annoy me.

Tommy, you seemed to trust Flash last year right away despite the fact that he didn’t know the offense and was out of shape (who can forget his long catch vs the Bears last year, when it looked like Cypher pulled the metal spike out of his head while he was still in the Matrix, once he hit the 10 yard line). In fact, you forced it to him regularly, often to the detriment of the team.

Stick that “he has to earn that trust” up your (probably waxed and bleached) arsehole and give Harry or Meyers a chance to make an impact, like the vast majority of QBs in the league do when it comes to rookie wideouts.

PS. Still love you, though, TB12. You da GOAT.

Look, you don't start throwing the ball to Harry just because. He's never taken a snap in a regular season NFL game. He'll be handed a very limited set of plays today.

With Earl Thomas patrolling the secondary and calling coverages, the Ravens will make Harry pay if he doesn't read the coverage in real time properly. I like Harry as a threat, but Brady will spend his time working his progressions manned by accomplished veterans Watson, Edelman, Dorsett and Sanu.

Look, you don't start throwing the ball to Harry just because. He's never taken a snap in a regular season NFL game. He'll be handed a very limited set of plays today.

With Earl Thomas patrolling the secondary and calling coverages, the Ravens will make Harry pay if he doesn't read the coverage in real time properly. I like Harry as a threat, but Brady will spend his time working his progressions manned by accomplished veterans Watson, Edelman, Dorsett and Sanu.
I think he could be huge in the red area.
He can post up and out rebound for a ball.
I’m hoping like 6 catches 89 yards 2 tds.

Who is saying White is out?

James White has not been declared out, but reports that he was limited in practice and questionable for today's game look to me like he'll be a scratch today.

James White has not been declared out, but reports that he was limited in practice and questionable for today's game look to me like he'll be a scratch today.
OK so its you who thinks he'll be out as opposed to insiders saying that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents