PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots 53 Man Roster Projection 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel the same way!

Although you should never rely on Twitter, I find it perplexing that he is the only Pats player on Twitter who does not introduce himself as a Patriot. His profile pics are usually of him in Florida gear and his background is of him playing cards.

Personally, I think he's slow, immature and a bit of an arse. I'm not sure he's needed except for depth. Highly over-rated by homers. I say buh-bye.

sure he's a jerk, but he can still play, and I'm not sure now is the best time to provide legit opportunities for rivals to instantly upgrade their LB core......bury him this year if he is that bad, but dump him after this season.

sure he's a jerk, but he can still play, and I'm not sure now is the best time to provide legit opportunities for rivals to instantly upgrade their LB core......bury him this year if he is that bad, but dump him after this season.

He can thump, but he can't move. Good against the run....slow if he must pursue. He's really not that good.

Morris is very good on ST's and is decent at blitz pick-up (Brady's torn knee aside...lol) ....do you trust Riddley or Vareen with protecting Brady? Nope? Me either. BJGE is getting better at it and for the life of me, I do not know about Woodhead's skills sets in that area but I would imagine they leave a bit to be desired. The best at picking up the blitz is Faulk.

They keep BJGE, Vareen, Riddley, Morris and Faulk starts the season on PUP. I'm pretty sure that once Faulk is off of Pup, Morris will be on it....so it's all good. LOL!

Uh, Morris is not eligible for PUP. It's the 53, IR with a turf toe or cut.

I don't think any of this has to do with his ability to play- obviously he was solid for a rookie last year. As others have said, I think he is very immature and did something serious enough to be told to stay away from the team.

He's got us keeping Tracy White. If he's the guy I'm thinking of, #58, then I think there must be SOMEBODY more valuable to us. He's played poorly imho.

Did I read correctly?

Vereen practiced yesterday?

I'm now confused. This article is the only one I read saying Vereen practiced yesterday. Today's reports say he's not on the field. Did he or did he not take the field yesterday as reported here? If he did, he can't be PUPed.

Did I read correctly?

Vereen practiced yesterday?

You read correctly. So it's Patsfans.com or Mike Reiss. With all due respect, I know whom I'm going with.

Patriots 53 Man Roster Projection 2.0
By: Steve Balestrieri

The New England Patriots have two pre-season games under their belts and while we must remind everyone that its only pre-season games, they’ve looked pretty impressive so far. A blow-out win over the woeful Jaguars was followed by another blowout over a much better Buccaneers team.

So with that in mind we bring you our Patriots 53 man roster projection 2.0. While there are still two pre-season games to go, but based on what we’ve seen to date, this is the team we’d field if the season started today....

How does it compare/contrast? :confused:

I'm in the camp that truly believes Spikes is on the outs. I'm certainly not one to make a habit of relying on twitter but took a long based on some of the threads around here- he certainly does not seem pleased with his current situation and all indications point to the fact that he has been told to stay away from the team.

You have to understand that back at UF, Spikes WAS the D. He was the face of the Florida defense. Cunningham fits better into the Patriot way because he is already used to it being about the team, and not mainly him.

Spikes needs to learn that he is not the main player on D, not even main LB. Give him another season and you'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes