PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots 2021 schedule is dope

I don't think we are winning no matter when it is played but I am happy it is early in the season so the game will be meaningful to us.
Agreed but at least a later game would probably mean Mac starting for us and he'd have some time to gel with the starters. With Cam starting...ugh.

It sounds like week 18 is the week for the "extra" games the NFL added, so I'm thinking cowboys for the last game of the season...

Could be. Has there been a more anticipated regular season game? I can't think of one. Pats-Colts week 1 2004 was probably up there? I was pretty amped up for the first Rams game in 2001 to see if we really were for real.

I know it’s unlikely but I wish Mac would start week 1, get a few games under his belt and send Brady and the Bucs packing week 4, that would be awesome.

Most anticipated regular season game in years.
The best comparison I can think of was after Brett Favre talked his way out of Green Bay, then a year later signed with Minnesota so that he could face the Packers twice a season. You not only had the similarity of a return home (Favre/Lambeau - Brady/Foxborough), on top of that you had Favre vs Rodgers. The hype for that 2009 game was off the charts.

The media will attempt (and succeed) to make this about Brady vs Belichick, but to me the Favre vs Rodgers was, and should have been a bigger deal. In that NFC North situation it was two players at the same position, and the team finally making the decision to go with the young guy over the legendary hero of the fan base.

Considering how difficult it will be to get tickets for the Pats/Bucs, how many Patriots fans will be in attendance at MetLife to see him destroy the Jete a final time?

It sounds like week 18 is the week for the "extra" games the NFL added, so I'm thinking cowboys for the last game of the season...
I don't know why the NFL would do that. They made it a major point ten years ago to keep the final two weeks of the season to intra-division games as much as possible for games with better playoff implications.

There's no reason that has to change; just put the 'extra' game anywhere else in the schedule.

Most anticipated regular season game in years.

Not too optimistic about our chances especially knowing week 4 is during the time when BB teams typically are figuring things out. Hopefully Mac is our starter by then.

But at least it's not last season - that would have been ugly.
Unless cam gets hurt or looks like 2015 Manning, I don't think we'll see Jones for most of the season. Maybe we'll see him debut in the last couple games?

Surprised Bucs aren't opening vs Buffalo
I called Cowgirls at Bucs. It was the obvious answer. Bills while good dont have the pull that the league would want on the season opener imo.

Miami has to travel to London. I'm ok with that.

The Packers janitor strikes again lol

Yeah afc is gonna be a dogfight again from the looks of it. Last year even with 7 spots 10 wins wouldnt get you in, maybe the same this year. Compared to years past where 8 and 9 win teams got in. Of last years playoff teams right now it seems only indy could really fall alot if wentz still sucks there. Bmore ten and pitt maybe a little but they should all be very much in it. So despite all our improvements playoffs is still far from a guarantee, though im hopeful.
This is what I think happened...
1) The running of the NYFL got taken over by former Jete employees.
2) Because of the early success of B&B's Pats, Goody & the 32 wanted parity.
3) The NYFL, being led by former Jets, made rule changes to help create parity.
4) Like everything they touch the Jets instead created inequality among the teams and the same teams win.
5) Instead of parity we got parody.
6) SOJ

The Packers janitor strikes again lol

Probably Rodgers trying to piss off his team. Surprised he didn't post that with his face in the photo smiling.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
I don't know why so many people think the NFL is throwing all the "extra" games onto the final week of the season. There is no way they do that since they are all inter-conference games. I think people are taking the phrase "17th game" too literally. I expect those "17th games" to be spread throughout the season (just not any during the final 2 weeks).

EDIT: JMT beat me to the same comment. Sorry for the plagiarism!

I saw this on Facebook. A supposed leaked pats schedule...

1: vs MIA (4:25)
2: @ NYJ (1)
3: vs NO (1)
4: vs TB (SNF)
5: @ HOU (1)
6: vs DAL (4:25)
7: vs NYJ (1pm)
8: @ LAC (4:05)
9: @ CAR (1)
10: vs CLE (1)
11: @ ATL (TNF)
12: vs TEN (1)
13 @ BUF (MNF)
14: BYE
15: @ IND (TBD)
16: vs BUF (1)
17: vs JAX (1)
18: @ MIA (1)

I don't know why the NFL would do that. They made it a major point ten years ago to keep the final two weeks of the season to intra-division games as much as possible for games with better playoff implications.

There's no reason that has to change; just put the 'extra' game anywhere else in the schedule.

I'm only guessing this because I heard Tampa is playing Indy the last week...

I saw this on Facebook. A supposed leaked pats schedule...

1: vs MIA (4:25)
2: @ NYJ (1)
3: vs NO (1)
4: vs TB (SNF)
5: @ HOU (1)
6: vs DAL (4:25)
7: vs NYJ (1pm)
8: @ LAC (4:05)
9: @ CAR (1)
10: vs CLE (1)
11: @ ATL (TNF)
12: vs TEN (1)
13 @ BUF (MNF)
14: BYE
15: @ IND (TBD)
16: vs BUF (1)
17: vs JAX (1)
18: @ MIA (1)
Other than the TB game that's not bad at all for the first half. 5 home games. The gauntlet will be week 8-13 leading into the bye with 4 of 6 on the road but it's still not too bad.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back