PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Panthers fire GM

Uh oh....that post could be construed to be obliquely racist..in which case you'll owe Cam and all his forebears money.

"“I said it since Day One: I’m an African-American quarterback that may scare a lot of people because they haven’t seen nothing that they can compare me to,” the Super Bowl-bound QB responded."

The hell, Cam? Donovan McNabb and Michael Vick did what you do better than you do it. You are nothing new under the sun at this point. The color barrier welt down in football before it went down in Southern bathrooms. There's about 6 black quarterbacks in the league right now unless someone dropped out and I wasn't aware of it. Where do you get off?

Cam got his team to the Super Bowl and put up good numbers his MVP season. He's certainly less of a GM/coach's career boat anchor than most starting QBs.

It seems like the Panthers GM was rubbing a lot of people the wrong way more than anything, and was less concerned with catering to fan favorite players and ex-players than the big picture. The whole Josh Norman thing a year ago was weird, but you're always going to have years where dealing with a player's contract negotiations just go sideways sometimes. I don't have a dog in this hunt, but this firing seems a lot more about office politics than anything substantive. They've been to the playoffs 3 of the last 4 seasons, for any team not the Patriots that usually means you stay the course because you're doing a lot better than average.

Funny thing is when the Pats and a player part ways, usually they still feel close to Bill and the organization. Heck, haven't BB and Milloy even somewhat mended fences? But this guy seemed to leave a bitter taste in everyone's mouth. And I think the loss of a lot of vets finally got to Richardson.

PUHLLEEEZZZZE. What should we do with the GM who picked the likes of CJackson, RDowling, and added Ochocino, Haynesworth, and to some AThomas in the FA markets. Maybe we should fire his ass too.

You're allowed to miss a few additions, so long as you are winning titles

The hell, Cam? Donovan McNabb and Michael Vick did what you do better than you do it. You are nothing new under the sun at this point. The color barrier welt down in football before it went down in Southern bathrooms. There's about 6 black quarterbacks in the league right now unless someone dropped out and I wasn't aware of it. Where do you get off?

yeah but none of them are "dabbing" after scoring touchdowns, or doing 2 and a half minute long dance celebrations, and ripping down signs for opposing teams, and then whining like babies when they get tackled as option quarterbacks.

Since when was Vick capable of the forward pass?

Uh oh....that post could be construed to be obliquely racist..in which case you'll owe Cam and all his forebears money.

"“I said it since Day One: I’m an African-American quarterback that may scare a lot of people because they haven’t seen nothing that they can compare me to,” the Super Bowl-bound QB responded."

Don't even TRY to marginalize Newton. Focus instead on that white fairy cheating liar of a lucky his wife's richer than him jerk, Tom Brady.

I don't think "sandlot style of football" is racist at all. Fran Tarkenton, Doug Flutie, and Joe Kapp were white guys whose playbook consisted of "Everybody try to get open while I scramble around before I sling it in your general direction."

As far as Cam Newton goes, just imagine what he could do with an offensive line coached by Dante Scarnecchia. Newton is a great football player. For my money the GM got canned for the same reason the clown in Indianapolis got canned - not putting all of his energy and scouting into how to protect the quarterback. Newton and Luck are gifted players who get the crap beat out of them week in and week out. Anecdotally, of course.

Don't even TRY to marginalize Newton. Focus instead on that white fairy cheating liar of a lucky his wife's richer than him jerk, Tom Brady.

Except people say that about "The Great Aaron Rodgers" as well.

Cheesecist?

yeah but none of them are "dabbing" after scoring touchdowns, or doing 2 and a half minute long dance celebrations, and ripping down signs for opposing teams, and then whining like babies when they get tackled as option quarterbacks.

The horror. What do I tell my children?

The horror. What do I tell my children?

I'd probably start with "If you act like a baby you're going to be treated like a baby" Then i'd follow it up with "Act like you've been there before, don't go crazy when you win, and don't shut down when you lose." And finally i'd probably say "If i ever catch you doing that stupid dabbing nonsense, ill disown you"

The Panthers have announced that Marty Hurney their old GM, will be the "interim" GM.

This is in direct violation of the Rooney Rule! The Panthers have not opened camp yet, so if they are going to hire a GM, then the Rooney rule must be followed. This is another blatant example of the Rooney Rule, like every other rule in Goodell's NFL, is subject to the extreme interpretation depending on which club is breaking it.

Rooney Rule hovers over possible return of Marty Hurney to Panthers

I'd probably start with "If you act like a baby you're going to be treated like a baby" Then i'd follow it up with "Act like you've been there before, don't go crazy when you win, and don't shut down when you lose." And finally i'd probably say "If i ever catch you doing that stupid dabbing nonsense, ill disown you"

Tell them their SJW father is full of nonsense and to pay him no mind.

Some grown men getting real worked up over a dance move that takes 2 seconds and then it's over. No comment on the other Newton antics. He's a meathead jock alright.

Some grown men getting real worked up over a dance move that takes 2 seconds and then it's over. No comment on the other Newton antics. He's a meathead jock alright.

Listen, I just find it entertaining to watch cam newton shut down, and cry like a ***** every time he loses. Honestly i'd be totally cool if hightower sacks him and then dabs him right in the face

Listen, I just find it entertaining to watch cam newton shut down, and cry like a ***** every time he loses. Honestly i'd be totally cool if hightower sacks him and then dabs him right in the face
I don't care who you are, that would be AWESOME to see.

The Panthers have announced that Marty Hurney their old GM, will be the "interim" GM.

This is in direct violation of the Rooney Rule! The Panthers have not opened camp yet, so if they are going to hire a GM, then the Rooney rule must be followed. This is another blatant example of the Rooney Rule, like every other rule in Goodell's NFL, is subject to the extreme interpretation depending on which club is breaking it.

Rooney Rule hovers over possible return of Marty Hurney to Panthers

It's also in direct violation of the common sense rule. You fired Hurney for ****ing the franchise up, his replacement does a great job, so then you fire that guy to bring back the original ****-up.

Richardson is going senile, I think.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back