PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Panthers crying about Mac's hold on Burns.

“Holding” may technically be the call, but he grabbed a guy’s leg from behind. He may not have twisted it, but that’s why you can really hurt someone by grabbing their leg from behind…it may twist or bend since the guy is still trying to run.

It’s a dirty play in every sense of the term. It doesn’t mean Mac meant to hurt him, or that Mac’s a bad guy. But that’s not a play you should make.

Stop the homerific nonsense. I can only imagine the insanity here if the exact same thing happened the other way.

I love how Burns stays down to sell it.

#IlikeMac

Not even sure it's worth a fine but they probably will give him something.

Ugh. Would not rule out a suspension because Roger.

Ref! Unnecessary roughness, that's a penalty!

>On the quarterback? You kidding me, Coach?

Mac's new nickname is Sunshine

Was think the same thing!
Let those Panthers remember the time they played the Patriots!!

Nice that Mac kept competing.. i guess..

I’d find it very believable. Mac just got hit by a freight train, knows he lost the ball and the guy who hit him a good lick and knocked the ball out of Mac’s hand is trying to get up and run. He doesn’t know where the ball is but assuming the guy who took it out of his hand has it isn’t at all unreasonable.
Also, clear he doesn’t twist. He holds it, and Burns tries to get loose by kicking back and down.

Bingo
Somehow Burns did a 360 on a 90 degree MacTwist.......... and forgot to stick the landing

Gymnastics Fail GIF
No twist there. Burns tries to get free by kicking back and down, which ends up to Macs side. Penalty yes, dirty meh.

I don't think it's conclusive whether Mac did or didn't actually make some kind of twisting motion. He may have just been holding on for dear life while a dude far bigger than him was trying to kick and shed him and the guy twisted his own ankle. Or maybe Mac forcibly twisted a defensive player's ankle randomly for no clear reason. It could've happened I suppose, but there's no clear evidence either way so you're pretty much just seeing what you want to see watching the video. It's really a nothing story.

A lot of ankle grabbers whining about Mac grabbing an ankle.

I don't think it's conclusive whether Mac did or didn't actually make some kind of twisting motion. He may have just been holding on for dear life while a dude far bigger than him was trying to kick and shed him and the guy twisted his own ankle. Or maybe Mac forcibly twisted a defensive player's ankle randomly for no clear reason. It could've happened I suppose, but there's no clear evidence either way so you're pretty much just seeing what you want to see watching the video. It's really a nothing story.
I love hearing Mac being talked about like he's Vontaze Burfict now. :D

There's so much noise around this that the league will probably give him some kind of fine even if I don't see anything in the video that deserves one. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he was trying to make a play not hurt someone. The league is softened up enough and I don't want my QB or any other Patriot to have to take a split second to think "should I do this" before trying to make a play.

If Darnold did what was shown in this video then yeah I would give him the benefit of the doubt too because he's not a dirty player. Now if Suh or Burfict did it then yes I would have a problem because they don't get the benefit of the doubt with their history. Mac has a really long way to go before he's like those guys.

Last edited:
He was either trying to tackle because thought he had the ball or was trying to prevent him from getting the ball. How this turned into the freaking Zapruder film is baffling.
Because the rest of the league suddenly realizes 1) Mac is really good and 2) the Patriots are coming. And they are getting flashbacks. The nonsense of the last 10 years ain’t over.

So now Mac will get a cheap shot
and it will be OK? That's what I am hearing. They always got to do something so I can't enjoy this game.

FWIW, Belichick said that he thinks Jones thought Burns had the fumble recovery and was running to try to score. If that is the case, Jones did absolutely nothing wrong other than be mistaken that Burns had the ball.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back