PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Palmer Done, IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care who we play...one game at a time...take our best shot...let the chips fall...we've been there before

That reminded me of the Joey Porter knee shot which took Brady out of the 2001 AFC Championship Game. Luckily Bledsoe was "ON" long enough to win.

Joker said:
I don't care who we play...one game at a time...take our best shot...let the chips fall...we've been there before
Doctor! Doctor! This man's got a case of Cliche-itis! ;)

Maybe I should get a case of "I'm so scared I'm wetting my pants"-itis like some people on this board.

MDPATSFAN said:
That reminded me of the Joey Porter knee shot which took Brady out of the 2001 AFC Championship Game. Luckily Bledsoe was "ON" long enough to win.

Except that it wasn't Joey Porter who took the shot. It was Lee Flowers.

pats1 said:
I was thinking the same thing.

He's already inside the stadium, on a cart.

Looked much worse than what Brady got in the January '02 AFC Championship, although the injury came by pretty much the same hit.

Damn right this was the same hit. Lee Flowers knocked out Brady the same way. Dirty play IMHO. At least Kitna is a decent backup.

This is why we wanted Jax and not Pittsburgh.

Bob G

Joker said:
Maybe I should get a case of "I'm so scared I'm wetting my pants"-itis like some people on this board.
???????????????????

watch the replay carefully, Kimo V O has his head up as he's hitting Palmer so it's not like he didn't know where he was or what would happen if he took his 300lb body into Palmer's knee. maybe it's not the same thing as a premeditated hit because it happened in a flash but there's is no doubt that KVO intentionally continued forward and reached for the leg despite surely knowing what happens when you hit a guy that low that hard.

Disgusting cheap shot, period. And the ref stood five feet away and didn't even flag him for hitting a QB in the knees. Sean Taylor is a jerk for his actions, but spitting on guy gets you kicked out while intentionally crushing an unprotected QB in the knee gets you nothing? Pittman wiped himself off with a towel and was fine while Palmer's very career is now in doubt.

KVO absolutely better get a suspension and a fine for this one....

Last edited:
Brady'sButtBoy said:
watch the replay carefully, Kimo V O has his head up as he's hitting Palmer so it's not like he didn't know where he was or what would happen if he took his 300lb body into Palmer's knee. maybe it's not the same thing as a premeditated because it happened in a flash but there's is no doubt that KVO intentionally continued forward and reached for the leg despite surely knowing what happens when you hit a guy that low that hard.

Disgusting cheap shot, period. And the ref stood five feet away and didn't even flag him for hitting a QB in the knees. Sean Taylor is a jerk for his actions, but spitting on guy gets you kicked out while intentionally crushing an unprotected QB in the knee gets you nothing? Pittman wiped himself off with a towel and was fine while Palmer's very career is now in doubt.

KVO absolutely better get a suspension and a fine for this one....

I remember when the Ravens went to the superbowl...Gannon got wiped-out from that fat-ass "Goose".

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes