PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

P. Rankings - Bills, Jets, Dolphins all Top 10. Us, 20.

do folks think the Patriots should be higher than 20?
Folks think it's still preseason. Tell someone you know how teams will finish after 8 regular season games and they'd be smart to bet against whatever you predict... that's why they play the games :D

ps, like many here I might put us a few spots higher, maybe more than a few spots. We'll see earlier if the difference between a Patrician offense and BOB's offense can be as influential as I think it can.

It can have nearly any size effect, short of catapulting us to elite status. I don't think it does that in one fell swoop. Although, 2001.

They might be better than 20th, but their schedule might not let this show very effectively. One of the toughest divisions, and iirc they have one of the toughest schedules of any team. Yes, they should be better than last year, but will that translate directly into a better standing? I sure hope so but this is going to be a tough one!

I’m more interested how the Patriots stack up in the AFC East. They will be competitive. But it’s a tough conference on paper right now.

People get way too caught up with preseason rankings. That is why I discount all this talk about how tough the Patriots' schedule is. It is a monster based on 2022, but it is no longer 2022. And some of it is based on expectations of new additions to teams, but we have seen from last year that expectations can fall far, far short (see Russell Wilson's addition to the Broncos).

I used to buy that preseason publications like Lindy's (do they even publish them anymore?) for bleeps and giggles to look back at the end of the season and see how wrong they predicted how good teams were or weren't and who would make the playoffs and win the Super Bowls. A lot of the times, it was comically bad how far off they were.

You’re right of course. No one knows for sure.
The thing is if we have a bottom 1/3 talent team and arguably a top 3 toughest schedule then our win total would be what, 5 or 6 games? I believe they must be taking that into account which is silly.
We have to steal 4 games just to have a winning record? Nah.
We are going to have to TAKE games.. this season. Be aggressive on offense and defense.. take it to teams on both sides of the ball. It's time to show we can win post brady!

I’m more interested how the Patriots stack up in the AFC East. They will be competitive. But it’s a tough conference on paper right now.
I have us going 3-3 in our division IMO

Tough times again for this franchise with Tommy Hodson light at the helm....

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back