PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Owners including Kraft must turn over all cell phone records

This is one where for once I am not worried about the Pats. Based on our QB situation all through the Kap drama, I believe the Pats have never had any interest whatsoever in signing Kap, and rather than discourage other teams from doing so, if anything they would have encouraged other teams to do so, because he's a lousy QB and they would have been happy to see him go to a rival. But I don't think he or his situation has been on their radar at all. Edit - except for when our dope of a President made it a fake issue in order to distract from the country's real problems.

As I said a week ago, some team should hire Kaepernick and save the owners millions. Kaepernick may or may not be better than some starter. He is clearly good enough for SOME team to hire him at Hoyer type pay as a backup.

Oh well. Too bad for those wanting Brady's private communications (without a court order). Too bad for them. Gotta get Roger's too. I don't side with Kapernick on anything but I love the irony and analogy to the Brady situation.

As I said a week ago, some team should hire Kaepernick and save the owners millions. Kaepernick may or may not be better than some starter. He is clearly good enough for SOME team to hire him at Hoyer type pay as a backup.

Good point, all it would take would be just one team to make this problem go away for the rest of the league.

So let me get this straight, a guy with a 1-10 record as a starting quarterback LAST YEAR is suing the NFL because he is believes his unemployment is due to reasons outside of his playing abilities?

So let me get this straight, a guy with a 1-10 record as a starting quarterback LAST YEAR is suing the NFL because he is believes his unemployment is due to reasons outside of his playing abilities?
Right. HE had a 1-10 record. It had NOTHING to do with the rest of the team, or the organization, it was him that had a 1-10 record. I certainly don't think he's great, but it's instructive that you don't note his 16-4 TD-INT ration, or his 91 quarterback rating. No, HE was 1-10.

To be clear, you believe that Kraft's emails will show that he encouraged other owners to sign Kaepernick?

This is one where for once I am not worried about the Pats. Based on our QB situation all through the Kap drama, I believe the Pats have never had any interest whatsoever in signing Kap, and rather than discourage other teams from doing so, if anything they would have encouraged other teams to do so, because he's a lousy QB and they would have been happy to see him go to a rival. But I don't think he or his situation has been on their radar at all. Edit - except for when our dope of a President made it a fake issue in order to distract from the country's real problems.

This is a league issue not a Patriots issue but it is very possible Kraft joined in "encouraging" all owners to stay away. Not that I care as long as they aren't going after Brady again (which obviously is moot here).

Good point, all it would take would be just one team to make this problem go away for the rest of the league.

I don't know whether it's too late now, but a signing last week before the judge's order would likely have been enough.

Kaepernick better be careful when 32 angry billionaires decide to counter-sue him.
:)

IMHO, a settlement is much more likely. the owners would like this to go away.

Right. HE had a 1-10 record. It had NOTHING to do with the rest of the team, or the organization, it was him that had a 1-10 record. I certainly don't think he's great, but it's instructive that you don't note his 16-4 TD-INT ration, or his 91 quarterback rating. No, HE was 1-10.

Obviously it's a team game, but the quarterback is by far the single most important player on any football team......so a 1-10 record is going to reflect poorly on a quarterback. Especially in today's age of football where refs throw a gazillion flags against the defense throwing 16 TD passes in 11 games is not very impressive.

I mean, legally, it's got to be tough to convince someone you're being outcasted for non-performance reasons when you managed to lead your team to a 3-16 record the past two years of playing.

I would think that legally Tim Tebow would have a better shot suing than Kaepernick in his position.

I mean, I can't imagine this being good for Kaep either, after all, now does he get to listen to 32 different owners/gm's testify and explain EVERY reason why they think he is a bad player?

One giant fishing trip, with little to no chance of catching anything

Every fan of the NFL knows that if you have talent you have a job........plain and simple.

That's why guys who have gotten attention off the field have gotten second chances.

And are the owners compelled to turn over records, or is this a request by Kaep's legal team. What would compel one to do such a thing in a civil case

I'm sorry, but the reason very clearly is not his playing ability. He is not great, but talent wise should be on a team. He is rightfully being not hired by the teams. The collusion thing should not be a thing, they can hire who they want.

But still can't get over this fact: HE opted out of his contract last year. He ALSO had opportunities to take a backup role, but refused them.

What, he has the right to demand a starting job now?

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back