PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Overreaction Monday thread

Packers are done. The dysfunction is rearing it’s ugly head.
I cannot believe the game Rodgers had.

The team that I played in Fantasy had Rodgers. I was at 130 points and had Chicago Allen Robinson and Kicker Santos left to play on SNF when the late games kicked off. The other guy had 108 points with GB Rodgers, RB Arron Jones, TE Tonyan and the LA Rams defense left to play. I figured that there aint now way I'm winning and that Rodgers would light it up at the very least.

The fantasy football gods shined down on me yesterday. 3 GB players saved me from the agony of defeat.

Bucs are better than the Saints. Not sold on Winston but I guess we'll see for ourselves in a couple weeks.

Well, so far the Saints D looks a lot better than the Bucs D...I would agree that the Bucs O is superior though.

Kyle Shanahan is an overrated coach. Not saying he's bad. He isn't. But I feel like this guy gets more praise than he deserves. Missed the postseason three out of four years. Botched two SB's.

He's only about 12 years old, though. He's got decades of learning opportunity ahead of his still. The question is, will he learn the same thing every year or actually get better?

I think they are in a lot of trouble. Two straight NFC Championship games, and they come out looking horrendous. Rodgers last season with GB for sure. Love looked better.

Some interesting stuff the 1st week, world beaters Buffalo and Washington lost week one, supposed worst team in the NFL, Houston, stomped a playoff team. That’s why they play the games. Nothing is set in stone.

He's only about 12 years old, though. He's got decades of learning opportunity ahead of his still. The question is, will he learn the same thing every year or actually get better?
Good point.

He's the NFL version of Doc Rivers. You look at the praise and attention they get. But it doesn't quite match the actual results.

Well, so far the Saints D looks a lot better than the Bucs D...I would agree that the Bucs O is superior though.
They did play better in week 1. I don't know what to make of the Packers and Rodgers after that.

I cannot believe the game Rodgers had.

The team that I played in Fantasy had Rodgers. I was at 130 points and had Chicago Allen Robinson and Kicker Santos left to play on SNF when the late games kicked off. The other guy had 108 points with GB Rodgers, RB Arron Jones, TE Tonyan and the LA Rams defense left to play. I figured that there aint now way I'm winning and that Rodgers would light it up at the very least.

The fantasy football gods shined down on me yesterday. 3 GB players saved me from the agony of defeat.
He quit in the off-season. The worst thing GB did was force him to come back. Look at his hair, his beard, his "screw you" look on every play. He is as checked out as checked out can be. It is going to be glorious to watch the implosion all season. I just wish Tampa played them in the regular season. Suh would have made him cry on every play.

Overreactions:
Steelers are a Super Bowl contender and the Bills are not
Zach Wilson is a bust because he was sacked 6 times
Cam would have won that game yesterday
Eagles are winning the NFC East
Jameis Winston is going to be lights out for the Saints this year
Texans were underestimated this year.
These are all on the money.

Reactions: sb1
They did play better in week 1. I don't know what to make of the Packers and Rodgers after that.

My feeling is that the Packers are still a good team that had an unbelievably bad week. They are too good to score only 3 points. I mean all the Bucs fans on this forum were telling us last year that the Packers were such a great team and that the Bucs beating them in the NFCCG (barely) was a great win for Brady. Well, what is it, the Packers are a good team or are they overrated? Because last year's team and this year's is essentially the same.

As far as the Saints, the schedule for us just may have gotten a bit harder for NE. I didn't expect the Saints to be that explosive. Weeks 3-4 back to back vs Saints and Bucs could end in NE being 1-3. That's why it was so important for us to win yesterday.

As far as the Saints, the schedule for us just may have gotten a bit harder for NE. I didn't expect the Saints to be that explosive. Weeks 3-4 back to back vs Saints and Bucs could end in NE being 1-3. That's why it was so important for us to win yesterday.
I agree with this. Said in preseason the Saints game won't be a gimme. Like I said yesterday that 3rd place schedule we have may end up being a lot tougher than it looks. We get the Browns who have a good shot at that division and the Chargers in LA. Herbert should be better than he was last year. Neither of those are gimmes either.

My feeling is that the Packers are still a good team that had an unbelievably bad week. They are too good to score only 3 points. I mean all the Bucs fans on this forum were telling us last year that the Packers were such a great team and that the Bucs beating them in the NFCCG (barely) was a great win for Brady. Well, what is it, the Packers are a good team or are they overrated? Because last year's team and this year's is essentially the same.

The Packers are a great team. The issue is their QB hates his team.

The run defense is still pathetic! Miami easily got a first down when the Pats knew they were running out the clock using a JAG RB!
Slowjuan is abismal, add him to the giant pile of steaming crap DBs drafted in the second round by BB, and might as well toss Duggar on that pile too, because he was invisible yesterday too.

Both fumbles were fumbles, anyone who tells you differently is selling something.

The Roughing call on Roberts was BS, if that was called on the Pats everyone here would be screaming about it.

Red zone cost the Pats the game, both with the turnovers and the inability to get in the endzone.

Trading Sony for nothing was a mistake. Stephenson may never see the field again, he has fumbled in every game he has played. Bolden is your second string RB now, pray for Harris' health.

Clearly it was a mistake to keep Slowjuan and let McCourty go.

Cajuste needs to be active, Heron was terrible.

Cam as back up and on short yardage and goal line has to be a better option than Hoyer.

This team is going nowhere

Yeah, not going to say Tua is going to be an all pro, but from what I saw of him yesterday, he was ok, I would take Mac over him though.

I think if we hold onto the ball, we end up winning the game....the biggest positive to take away is it definitely looks like we have our qb of the future and present. Really was impressed with Mac.
Yeah he’s really good I love him. unfortunately he doesn’t have an elite red zone threat to catch touchdown passes . We have an entire team of chain movers. Would be nice to have an explosive athlete who can take one to the house

Yeah he’s really good I love him. unfortunately he doesn’t have an elite red zone threat to catch touchdown passes . We have an entire team of chain movers. Would be nice to have an explosive athlete who can take one to the house
well he has not had many chances to throw in the RZ, because his OC is calling run play after run play, Miami knew it already on Friday thats how predictable McDaniels is with his play calling, can't blame the players when the OC is stuck in 1950 NFL football

Last edited:
Here's my (possible) over-reaction:

The results of the very first possessions by both teams dug the Pats a hole - both statistical & emotional - from which they Never recovered.

would it be an overreaction to want to start Justin Herron in the next game, so we can showcase him vs the fearsome jete, then try to trade him to a team desperate for o-line help?

Last edited:
I agree with this. Said in preseason the Saints game won't be a gimme. Like I said yesterday that 3rd place schedule we have may end up being a lot tougher than it looks. We get the Browns who have a good shot at that division and the Chargers in LA. Herbert should be better than he was last year. Neither of those are gimmes either.
Any team that has a good passing O is going to stress the Pats secondary until/if Gilmore comes back.

Josh better take off Mac's kid gloves because 16 pts ain't cutting it. I want to see Mac flinging the rock inside the RZ to the TEs.

I had all those as losses. Haven't seen anything yet to change my mind.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back