PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Our Rb's

The Patriots have faced an incredibly difficult slate of defensive fronts so far. I don’t think the line is as bad as suspected.
Haven't thought about it but this is a good point. miami, jets tampa saints all have some stout linemen and an aggressive play calling.

I will say that in the 2nd half, I thought they handled the blitz pickups very well.

They did. And that’s where Mac needs to improve. If he doesn’t make them pay for sending the house, and it’s a mere 12 yard gain, they’ll keep bringing the house. A lot of the protection issues stem from that problem.

He didn’t fumble and was clearly down before the ball came out. It was a terrible ruling by the replay officials up stairs. It may have been his reaction after the ball came loose walking away and the missed block later that got him yanked.
i read that the missed block played more into the decision to sit him than the fumble did. If you are going to get the QB killed, then you don't get on the field. We have a situation at the RB spot and needs to be fixed

i read that the missed block played more into the decision to sit him than the fumble did. If you are going to get the QB killed, then you don't get on the field. We have a situation at the RB spot and needs to be fixed
What’s the O-line’s excuse though?

OT has to be our number one priority during this offseason.
It was the priority this offseason.

Wynn's option
Andrews re-signed
Owenu moved to natural postion
Traded for Trent
Signed Karras

I'm not ready to give up on this line but they've bottomed out.

The running backs I thought were a strength of the team are a disappointment.

The injury to White hurt, but the young players didn't answer the bell.

The offensive line hasn't helped. Did Onwenu get hurt last night?

Wynn's option
Andrews re-signed
Traded for Trent
Signed Karras

It will be priority #1 because Wynn is heading to bustsville. Brown can’t be trusted either.

Anybody know if Wynn is guaranteed his salary with his option picked up for next year? If so, picking up the option was a terrible move.

It will be priority #1 because Wynn is heading to bustsville. Brown can’t be trusted either.

Anybody know if Wynn is guaranteed his salary with his option picked up for next year? If so, picking up the option was a terrible move.
In hindsight it looks bad but at the time Wynn was coming off of a solid year at one of the most important positions on offense. Considering what LTs command in FA we thought we were getting a bargain for 2 years.

Absolutely. Once Brown is back get him in at LT. Not sure what has happened with Wynn this year but provided brown and Onwenu remain healthy at least his snaps will be limited.
I said Brown should be LT and Wynn moved to LG, Owenu to RT Day 1 and I was laughed at.

Anything is better than this....

It is guaranteed for 2022. 10m dead cap hit.

If he played to his potential i'd be ok with it but not like the 2nd coming of Nick Kazur on pot,

excerpt from Zack Cox regarding the rb position: Rex Burkhead?

5. The Patriots might need to do something at running back
James White is done for the season, and neither Taylor nor rookie Rhamondre Stevenson has looked capable of taking on even part of White’s workload. Stevenson was a healthy scratch for the third straight week, proof that the Patriots don’t trust him even with White sidelined. Taylor has four carries for 5 yards and three catches for 4 yards this season. Both have lost fumbles despite playing a limited number of snaps.

Brandon Bolden has looked like the most capable replacement for White, and he had a nice game as a pass-catcher Sunday, snagging all six of his targets for 51 yards. Still, he offers limited upside as an offensive weapon outside of his blitz pickup skills.

Would the Patriots consider swinging a trade for Rex Burkhead, whom they’ll see when they visit the Houston Texans this week? Burkhead has seen limited playing time in Houston’s crowded backfield and obviously knows New England’s offense.

Wynn's option
Andrews re-signed
Traded for Trent
Signed Karras

with Wynn disappointing and Trent hitting free agency again definitely need to address this position...

excerpt from Zack Cox regarding the rb position: Rex Burkhead?

5. The Patriots might need to do something at running back
James White is done for the season, and neither Taylor nor rookie Rhamondre Stevenson has looked capable of taking on even part of White’s workload. Stevenson was a healthy scratch for the third straight week, proof that the Patriots don’t trust him even with White sidelined. Taylor has four carries for 5 yards and three catches for 4 yards this season. Both have lost fumbles despite playing a limited number of snaps.

Brandon Bolden has looked like the most capable replacement for White, and he had a nice game as a pass-catcher Sunday, snagging all six of his targets for 51 yards. Still, he offers limited upside as an offensive weapon outside of his blitz pickup skills.

Would the Patriots consider swinging a trade for Rex Burkhead, whom they’ll see when they visit the Houston Texans this week? Burkhead has seen limited playing time in Houston’s crowded backfield and obviously knows New England’s offense.

YES!
If healthy he’s an upgrade rushing and receiving over bolden plus he knows this offense.

Absolutely. Once Brown is back get him in at LT. Not sure what has happened with Wynn this year but provided brown and Onwenu remain healthy at least his snaps will be limited.
I suspect that we all underrated how important Thuney was on the left side. Perhaps Onwenu will improve as he gains familiarity with the position. The OL seems discombobulated (is it the line coaching?), I’m not much of a fan of moving 3 of our already discombobulated OL to new positions (some have suggested Brown to LT, Wynn to LG and Onwenu to RT).

with Wynn disappointing and Trent hitting free agency again definitely need to address this position...
They'll sign Brown or replace him. Everyone else is under contract in 2022.

Wynn's option
Andrews re-signed
Traded for Trent
Signed Karras

Karras went in for Owenu in the 2nd half. He helped. At this point, he deserves a shot at regular playing time until the other guys get their act together.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back