PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Our Rb's

I think rham will be active in the games we are actually planning to run. I think bb knew wed have minimal success on the ground and therefore harris wont need someone to take carriers from him. At this point we really dont have a choice imo but to keep him and jj in the plans.

for 3rd down back im hoping theres a fa out there. Remember plucking woodhead off the street in 2010… obviously wont get that lucky again but theres gotta be someone better than bolden
Patsy, I really liked what I saw out of Rham in the preseason, hoping to see him in a real live game, no better time to play him than this week against the Texans.

JJ Taylor is such a Jag, he has it twice in his name (JagJag Taylor)

Look, we loved Dion Lewis, and they have the same height. Thats about it... JJ Taylor has missed too many @SammyBlueCat 's lessons

Rhamondre doesnt have the luxury of being RS anymor with White out. He showed a looooot of promise, but that "fumble" man

If Bolden continues to be our 2nd RB, we are toasted

Last edited:
Yeah that was a great block.

I mean, I totally get it. He was a disappointment here. No way around it. We all expected more, based on his college production and draft slot. But all that aside, I was a bit nervous about parting with a veteran at a position that sees a lot of injuries. Now with White out, it would be nice to have someone other than Bolden as our pass-protector and receiving back. Michel may not be great, but he's a serviceable player. I'd take him over Taylor or Rham for this year. They may end up as better players in the long run, but I was pretty nonplussed about the trade initially, and nothing has changed my mind since.

Of course, getting everyone healthy on the OL and building continuity will also help.

but that fumble man
He didn’t fumble and was clearly down before the ball came out. It was a terrible ruling by the replay officials up stairs. It may have been his reaction after the ball came loose walking away and the missed block later that got him yanked.

He didn’t fumble and was clearly down before the ball came out. It was a terrible ruling by the replay officials up stairs. It may have been his reaction after the ball came loose walking away and the missed block later that got him yanked.
Ok, ill put "" on the word, okay?

This offensive line is putrid and every RB is going to struggle. And Sony wouldn’t have been the answer as he has to have perfect blocking to be effective.

But benching a guy and making him inactive could backfire as I’m sure it’s leaving a bad taste with Rham. He goes from playing opening day to inactive 3 weeks in a row? Not sure if Coaches are aware, but RB’s do make mistakes on occasion.

I’m tired of seeing Bolden out there and it’s not helping Mac.

Harris, Rham, Taylor need to be the primary backs.
Bolden had 6 catches for 55 yards last night.

He helped Mac last night big time.

Running the ball is a different story. Horrible.

But all that aside, I was a bit nervous about parting with a veteran at a position that sees a lot of injuries.
Winner for this. I wasn’t ever a Sony fan, but this was my fear as well. He’s a veteran and the team is predicated on the running game. I didn’t like the trade.

This offensive line is putrid and every RB is going to struggle. And Sony wouldn’t have been the answer as he has to have perfect blocking to be effective.

But benching a guy and making him inactive could backfire as I’m sure it’s leaving a bad taste with Rham. He goes from playing opening day to inactive 3 weeks in a row? Not sure if Coaches are aware, but RB’s do make mistakes on occasion.

I’m tired of seeing Bolden out there and it’s not helping Mac.

Harris, Rham, Taylor need to be the primary backs.
Taylor is in BBs Phantom Zone after that fumble. There is no Taylor.

Rham can run. Bring him out of the doghouse and turn him loose on the cats.

Trade a mid-late round pick for Marlon Mack who wants out of indianapolis. He looked good yesterday coming off ACL surgery. He's young and he can run and block and catch
Mack is literally one of THEE worst pass blocking backs in the league. Literally.

Taylor is in BBs Phantom Zone after that fumble. There is no Taylor.
I was thinking the same thing last night. I posted in the game day thread RIP Taylor.

I think the OL is affecting the RB group....last year, we had something in the running game with Onwenu and Mason together

When brown comes back, I would:
- move Onwenu to RT
- move Wynn to LG
- put Brown at LT

is it me or does Wynn look like he's lost all of his balance and mobility?
I like both plans at tackle and I’d actually give Karras a crack at LG and have Wynn as our swing tackle.

The Patriots have faced an incredibly difficult slate of defensive fronts so far. I don’t think the line is as bad as suspected.

The Patriots have faced an incredibly difficult slate of defensive fronts so far. I don’t think the line is as bad as suspected.
I will say that in the 2nd half, I thought they handled the blitz pickups very well.

I think if i remember correctly rham had issues with blitz pick up as well but i would still give him a shot. At least he is a power back and may can lead to a missed tackle or make 2/3 yards with his power.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back