PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Our Biggest Threat

Status
Not open for further replies.
The AFC is a 3 point favorite to win the Super Bowl.
That's as may be. The Cowboys and the Falcons both seem stronger to me than any AFC team not named the Patriots.

Cowboys and that's it...

Falcons meh, OAK meh (They need a secondary to be a great team), GB is garbage, Giants meh, Vikings with Sam ''Paper Mache'' Bradford garbage...

Pats vs Cowboys be pretty epic. 2 of the big names in the league.. One team with a ton of young talent and promise trying to knock off the old dog on the throne.

Pats vs Cowboys be pretty epic. 2 of the big names in the league.. One team with a ton of young talent and promise trying to knock off the old dog on the throne.

Going ahead several months, but no relapse from me. Jerrah and some of the fans have Mad Cow Disease and I don't want to have anything to do with them.

Laugh if you will (and you probably will). The Chargers are a very similar team to the Raiders. They play virtually no defense, but can move the ball at will. Melvin Gordon is turning into a pretty dangerous back, and the passing offense has improved as the season has gone on. They've actually scored more points than the Raiders, and lead the AFC with total points, trailing only Atlanta in the NFL (albeit in 9 games).

The Chargers have lost by 6, 4, 1, 3, and 8 points. Meanwhile the Raiders won on a two-point conversion to escape the Saints, another 1-point victory over the Ravens, and needed OT to beat TB.

I realize I'm cherry-picking a bit, but it seems like with a little bit of altered luck the Chargers and Raiders would have similar records. With a similar team makeup, so if you're worried about one, you probably don't want to see the other sneak in either, which could certainly happen if the donkeys continue to falter.

You have KC at 6-2, as well. Hard to see a team like SD getting in over the other top 3 in their division, and that obviously includes a wild card spot.

Anything can happen over the course of the last 8 games, but they'd almost certainly have to win out to have any kind of hope.

Going ahead several months, but no relapse from me. Jerrah and some of the fans have Mad Cow Disease and I don't want to have anything to do with them.

I understand the infatuation coming from other fans regarding the emergence of DAL, but we'll need to see if they can continue this level of success before considering those future matchups (same obviously goes for NE.) There are just too many variables like injuries, other teams getting hot, etc.

In the meantime, the Cowboys may just well be entering a hornet's nest on Sunday when they travel to PIT for the 2nd game of their back-to-back road matchups. If they can have a good showing there under those circumstances, I will start to believe in them much more.

Biggest threat in the AFC I still gotta say Denver. If they're healthy they have the defense to match up and make it hard for NE, especially if the game is played in Denver.

Biggest threat as a potential SB matchup, I give the slight edge to Dallas over Atlanta, DP would have all day to throw against us with that o-line.

You have KC at 6-2, as well. Hard to see a team like SD getting in over the other top 3 in their division, and that obviously includes a wild card spot.

Anything can happen over the course of the last 8 games, but they'd almost certainly have to win out to have any kind of hope.

I agree they aren't a threat to win the division, but it is possible both wild card spots could come from the AFC West. So if Denver falters, SD could slide into that last spot and be a very dangerous wild card team.

SD has winnable games against the Dolphins, Texans, Browns, and Bucs. If they're serious they should win all 4 of those games. I'm putting them down for a loss at Carolina. Home against the Raiders to me will be their true litmus test, or at the very least a fireworks display. (It's worth noting they lost by a FG to the Raiders on the road earlier in the year.)

They have KC at home, which could potentially be the playoffs on the line for both teams at the end of the season. At the end of it all, I could see them finishing at 9-7, which the way the rest of the AFC is playing, could easily secure them the #6.

Last edited:
After last night's officiating screw-job, I'd say that's the biggest threat: general NFL incompetence.

Injuries.

Is Oakland. Period.

Yes, I know their defense is not the best but their offense is legit.

Plus, the franchise wants revenge.

Having said that we are the heavy favorite.

Our biggest threat is Goodell. Period

Is Oakland. Period.

Yes, I know their defense is not the best but their offense is legit.

Plus, the franchise wants revenge.

I'm so sick of The Gutless focusing on what Teams can do to us...when they should be thinking of what we...can do to them. We are The Threat...and it disgusts me that I ever have to explain that.

There are 32 Teams. Only 1 can Win It All. Need help with the Math??
spock.gif

It takes a lot to win the Championship.

Yet so many pretend that it's ours to lose...and focus on that incredibly idiotic misconception...instead of realizing ~ and embracing ~ that we've got, once again, an extraordinary Opportunity.

Long Odds against us, yes...But still: an extraordinary and exhilarating Opportunity.

And then you come on here and whine about what might not be. o_O

...When you should be celebrating what might become.

God, I detest your sort.

And I love the Raiders and always have...

But only an Idiot would think that they have any Revenge coming to'm.

Google Ben Dreith, Genius. :rolleyes:

I'm so sick of The Gutless focusing on what Teams can do to us...when they should be thinking of what we...can do to them. We are The Threat...and it disgusts me that I ever have to explain that.

breaking-bad-i-am-the-one-who-knocks.jpg

All of the teams, except the Pats, are so mediocre this year.

I don't even feel anything after a victory because I'm still waiting for competition. The Raiders look good now, but like the Vikings they'll be showcasing their true underhyped suckage. The media is desperate to hype up something but even they seemed bored by the NFL at this point. Have you seen the power rankings? The teams really suck this year.

Anyway, I think the game against Seattle might be the game of the season for us.

Our sorry secondary (except Butler) will make sorry Russell Wilson look like the QB Seattle thought he would be and we'll also make his WRs look like T.O, Rice, Moss and Calvin Johnson on one team.

Brady will eventually score on Seattle's overrated D, but he might struggle early on, which worries me.

Idk, it's the only game I can't predict at this point, which is why I'm amped about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents