PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Our Biggest Threat

Status
Not open for further replies.

CISGS

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Is Oakland. Period.

Yes, I know their defense is not the best but their offense is legit.

Plus, the franchise wants revenge.

Having said that we are the heavy favorite.

Agreed, but I tbhnk Tom Brady can torch that defense. Steelers are just to random with quality football and sometimes plays poorly and Broncos are missing something. Defense is great, but less hungry.

I will still say the Broncos. Our O-line has been getting better but I still wonder if they can hold up against Von Miller and Wolfe. The Raiders won't beat us in a shootout, since our offense is better and our defense is good enough to slow them down.

No way, the Raiders secondary is brutal. They will be dangerous and hopefully make the playoffs this year, but they are a couple of years away.

The Raiders already got their "revenge", in the 2002 season on a Sunday night game when they beat the Patriots 27-20, a game that wasn't as close as the score would indicate (thanks to a late Kevin Faulk KOR for TD).

The Raiders ended up being the top seed in the AFC and advanced to the Super Bowl (where they got their butts handed to them by the Buccaneers, but I digress). Patriots are 2 seed and Raiders play in wildcard round as the 4 seed if that game ends differently. Instead Al Davis got his sense of validation, and the defending SB champs instead missed the playoffs. Which is whatever, because the Pats got back to their winning ways shortly after, and the Pats already evened the score in the snow bowl, as they owed the Raiders after what went down in 1976.

But anyway, **** the Donkeys, playing at Mile High is a pain in the ass. And they have TJ Ward who is a huge POS. So go Raiders.

Not taking anything for granted, as the Raiders have some nice pieces and have come a long way this season but I'm feeling pretty comfortable if they are indeed the biggest threat to us in the AFC.

The Broncos when they are playing at Mile High. We can deal with them quite easily in Foxboro but at Mile High, they are a different animal altogether.
Agreed. I won't care about Oakland until the Pats win in Denver.

Yeah we all know the main thing to beat the patriots this year is bad luck with Injuries. If we stay healthy we win... but thats a big if. /crosses fingers.

Anyone got the Del Rio vs Belichick head to head record?

Falcons Or Cowboys in the Superbowl in playoffs.
Raiders, Ravens, Chargers
Philip Rivers is due heck of a QB and nice guy.

injuries obviously..

denver in mile high, we'll get screwed over!!

injuries obviously..

denver in mile high, we'll get screwed over!!

The officials are always biased towards the Broncos at Mile High. We are just cursed when it comes to playing there. Whatever can go wrong will go wrong when we play there.

The AFC is weak this year only injuries can slow us down

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey