PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ouch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, this does have the potential to come true. But we really don't know yet. It could also work beautifully. I doubted that recent big spending offseason the Packers had and it ended up revitalizing Rodgers' career.

Honestly, this does have the potential to come true. But we really don't know yet. It could also work beautifully. I doubted that recent big spending offseason the Packers had and it ended up revitalizing Rodgers' career.
If you have a QB on a rookie deal you can do this.

I loved it today. Completely erased the bad taste in my mouth after the Cam signing. But hey, winning the off-season doesn’t always translate to winning season.

If you have a few holes, and have a lot of money to sign players, should you go out and sign cheap bad players, or the best players you can get? The patriots have lots of depth, they were missing a few top players in certain positions. They got them. I can see why Bills fans would be scared.

If you have a QB on a rookie deal you can do this.
The concern is less about the money and more about who the money went to. I think I trust our front office though.

Aren't they all like 25-26? Not quite downward slope age.

Lol. We lived all season with the flip side of this coin.

I mean, the risk is definitely higher. Missing on a guy at 2yr-10m, is easily tossed aside. Missing on a guy at 4yr-56m can limit future moves (at least if enough of those pile up). But the Patriots are also in a position where they have the resources to spend, and likely will have enough space when the cap goes back up to absorb a few of these not working out. Time will tell. I like most of the moves they've made a lot.

thumb_47586214_210022423263460_4139107117781416660_n-5497062746.jpg

We are in a different era of Patriots football. We don't have the franchise QB that is worth 6-8 wins a year anymore.

Some of these players may not play up to their deals. The law of averages says big money FAs usually don't.

If BB wants to be Dave Dombrowski for a couple of years, win a SB in 2022, he retires and we go 1-15 in 2023, so be it.

The reason why Bill is so aggressive than years past is because he was able to draft better. He's been awful overall since 2014. If you can't draft and have cap room, sign players until you do. There's nothing wrong with what Bill's doing. I'd rather have him swing and miss on signing the best of the best FA's than twiddling his thumbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft