PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Other WR’s Not Named Tate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Tate have an injury history? a 3 year 15 Mi deal, fully guaranteed, is realistic?

This is an interesting idea.

He is the type of player who might play for a "show-me" priced contract. Benjamin certainly has the upside potential.

I know he hasn't lived up to his 1st year performance and there have been some injury issues but how about a guy like Kelvin Benjamin. I'm not sure what he would want but his last contract was about $8.5M I believe with Bills.

His potential would be great just not sure if he's just a JAG at this point. Didn't do much for KC at the end of last year.

Does Tate have an injury history? a 3 year 15 Mi deal, fully guaranteed, is realistic?
Hes been pretty durable.

$15m per season?

He is the type of player who might play for a "show-me" priced contract. Benjamin certainly has the upside potential.
My understanding is KB is a problem in the locker room.

I know he had drop issues but we've been somewhat lucky with ex-Bill players. He had so much potential coming out of college so not sure if his lack of performance was coaching related.

That's too bad, would love to have a 6'5" 240# WR.

He might be dumb as bricks was surprised Carolina moved on from him.

That's too bad, would love to have a 6'5" 240# WR.
He threw Cam Newton under the bus and was cut by BUF for *****ing about the offensive game plan.

He might be different here but I doubt it.

He threw Cam Newton under the bus and was cut by BUF for *****ing about the offensive game plan.

He might be different here but I doubt it.
If that's true there may be hope since he's not going to throw TB under the bus and doubt he *****es about McD's game plan unless he starts watching the GDT.

If that's true there may be hope since he's not going to throw TB under the bus and doubt he *****es about McD's game plan unless he starts watching the GDT.
Big target. Did well vs us.

Hes been pretty durable.

$15m per season?

No no, 15 total, fully guaranteed, instead of 3/20 with just a part guaranteed.

I think it's pretty low, maybe 2 years /15 is more realistic, but in this case not fully guaranteed.

I think it's pretty low, maybe 2 years /15 is more realistic, but in this case not fully guaranteed.
It is low.

If he were to come here I think Tate would do extremely well. Just gotta figure out the $ for a WR who will be 31 in TC

GB just confirmed original round tender on Allison, so no compensation. I suspect someone is going to go get him as GB doesn’t have much cap room left. I hope it is us.

A 30-year-old Cole Beasley just got 4-years, $29M with $14M guaranteed from the Bills. Tate is superior to Beasley, so yeah I think your estimate is well short of what it will take.

I’m not sure he seems like perfect Pats WR. Like him as a player but other than Moss (and the sneak preview of Gordon) not the kind of player that has necessarily flourished. He could be great, or he could be Ochocinco. Not sure what they’d have to pay him would justify taking that leap.
I think AJ Green is still a top 12-15 WR. The main question is what it would take to get him in trade, and whether or not Cincy would actually want to trade him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes