PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Other week 12 NFL games

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet it was such a good move to have the game last night over Pats-Tenn battling for the #1 seed.

What a joke. And people wonder why the product sucks.

Let's wait till after da Jete make the pick to draw conclusions.

Yep, IMO it was a bad pick, and SEA fell for the hype just as badly.

Seems that the opportunity cost for da Jete should be factored into the equation.

Da Jete took him with people like Patrick Mahomes and Deshaun Watson still on the board.

One box safety isn't going to move the needle much.

On the other hand, picking Mahomes or Watson and building around them back in '17 should have been a much better payback than whatever they get for Adams in '22.

Da Jete really foobar'd that opportunity.

They had a chance to try to break the cycle of suck back in '17 but they blew it, and won't get a chance to reset things till '22.
The Jets 2017 offseason decisions belong in the Hall of Shame. They should make a Netflix documentary about it. They had such an blank slate to work with, a fanbase all in on the tank. Cap space, draft capital up the wazoo. They had multiple paths to adequacy, with two great QBs in the 2017 draft taken after Jamal. Even if they didn't like Watson and Mahomes, and many teams didn't, they could have built the offense and moved draft capital towards the 2018 draft which had five great prospects, two and a half of whom have turned out to be great QBs (Mayfield is the half). Even if they still draft Darnold in 2018, they would have been better served if they traded back from 6 in 2017 and taken, say, Ryan Ramczyk and Dalvin Cook to give Darnold someone to play with.

Opportunity Cost is exactly right. Drafting Adams set back the franchise YEARS and hopefully drafting Zach Wilson does the same. That's why Adams is my favorite Jet. Talented, but not in any way that helps you in 2021. Drafted to change the culture but quickly showed himself to be a me first self promoter and team cancer. He thinks he's too good for the Jets, but he was born to be a Jet. I miss him.

A lot of people had Kevin White penciled in as a WR1 coming out of college, now he's wavier wire fodder.

The Jets 2017 offseason decisions belong in the Hall of Shame. They should make a Netflix documentary about it. They had such an blank slate to work with, a fanbase all in on the tank. Cap space, draft capital up the wazoo. They had multiple paths to adequacy, with two great QBs in the 2017 draft taken after Jamal. Even if they didn't like Watson and Mahomes, and many teams didn't, they could have built the offense and moved draft capital towards the 2018 draft which had five great prospects, two and a half of whom have turned out to be great QBs (Mayfield is the half). Even if they still draft Darnold in 2018, they would have been better served if they traded back from 6 in 2017 and taken, say, Ryan Ramczyk and Dalvin Cook to give Darnold someone to play with.

Opportunity Cost is exactly right. Drafting Adams set back the franchise YEARS and hopefully drafting Zach Wilson does the same. That's why Adams is my favorite Jet. Talented, but not in any way that helps you in 2021. Drafted to change the culture but quickly showed himself to be a me first self promoter and team cancer. He thinks he's too good for the Jets, but he was born to be a Jet. I miss him.
It's amusing to me how Jete fans excel at calling former GMs and HCs bums AFTER they've been on the team but not before.

Saleh did nothing but coach up a talent laden D at SF, never showed he could be a HC, never showed he could build a team starting with the talent level da Jete had into something better. He coaches the 'run to the ball' Pete Carroll scheme that always relies on talent, which means the O will always suffer due to lack of talent. He's another 'rah-rah' type and IMO not good HC material.

Douglas seems to be OK as a GM, but McCagnon was a disaster. The Adams pick was on his watch, and as you say he had incredible assets to work with yet delivered nothing but suck. Douglas has the burden of picking talent for a defensive minded coach while his offense has very little talent. If he does what the coach wants, he gets fired because the offense sucks and they don't win. If he picks offensive talent, it'll get underutilized and he'll still get fired.

Everyone was trying to tell them Gaze was a bum in MIA before he became HC of NYJ, but they would not listen.

Their struggle to win the off season championship this spring should be epic.

Wasn't he the one who posted something about going to a place that will better utilize his talents or something?

Yeah he wanted to fix the "mistake" of picking Brady over Wilson.

I think that aged extremely well.

Probably time to start an 'other week 13' thread, but, man, TNF will be what Bill Simmons calls a poop-fecta.

Dallas wiped out by COVID, and...

Yet as Andrew Brandt points out, we're probably still gonna watch it, unlike some random Thu night NBA or NHL game.

Probably time to start an 'other week 13' thread, but, man, TNF will be what Bill Simmons calls a poop-fecta.

Dallas wiped out by COVID, and...

Yet as Andrew Brandt points out, we're probably still gonna watch it, unlike some random Thu night NBA or NHL game.

Any TNF game is still >>>>>> Any regular-season NBA or NHL game.

Yeah he wanted to fix the "mistake" of picking Brady over Wilson.

I think that aged extremely well.

His brain never caught up to the NFL. It's too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back