PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OTAs on 6/4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote of the day
David Andrews was asked about the lack of country music at practice: “I don’t know how many guys want to hear about their wives leaving them and trucks breaking down.”

Feel terrible for Cam, seems the universe is conspiring against him. Mac, it is all yours now, don't Stidham it.
Amusingly, all reports from today have Stidham as by far the best of the QBs on the field.

As I've said before, the only thing I'm certain of is this: the only way that Jones makes his first start against Tampa Bay is if Belichick has no other rational choice.
I want Mac to start week 1. Given the other options on the roster, Bill might not have another choice.

As I've said before, the only thing I'm certain of is this: the only way that Jones makes his first start against Tampa Bay is if Belichick has no other rational choice.

I don't understand all the fretting over Mac possibly playing vs. Tampa Bay. If he does and the Bucs win, will he have a mental breakdown and be scarred for life? He just might offer the Pats' best shot at victory.

I don't understand all the fretting over Mac possibly playing vs. Tampa Bay. If he does and the Bucs win, will he have a mental breakdown and be scarred for life? He just might offer the Pats' best shot at victory.
I think he probably does. And Mac has played in plenty of big games at Bama so it's not like we should expect him to crumble under the spotlight. Hope they let the kid go and see what he's got against an elite NFL defensive front.

tumblr_lr4goexwqx1qewhjpo1_400.gifv

I didn't say he won't play that game. I'm saying that they won't make that his first-ever start.

As an example of why I think this, look what they did with Gostkowski in 2006 vs. the Colts.

I didn't say he won't play that game. I'm saying that they won't make that his first-ever start.

As an example of why I think this, look what they did with Gostkowski in 2006 vs. the Colts.

I don't buy it. Being a competitor and rising to the challenge is what the game's all about. You don't "shelter" someone like Mac from a big spotlight game, even if it's his first start. If it comes to pass he should relish the opportunity and BB should have his back.

Mac Jones should be starting week 1 and in week 4 he’ll sink or swim. The rest of the team is good enough to avoid him having some Sam Darnold “I’m seeing ghosts” meltdown that destroys his spirit.

Peyton freaking Maning threw more picks then TDs his rookie year and I think he turned out alright. And it’s now easier to throw than ever before.

I, and any sensible Patriots fan, would take Mac Jones stating all 17 games and struggling but finding his own and showing he’s the future in a 8-9 season over Cam or lord forbid Hoyer maybe being just good enough to win 11 games and make the playoffs as a wild card which leaves you nowhere because they have no future.

Patsfans Take Option#1:
Just wait until it's not "flag" football teaching OTAs and there's a rush - he'll crap his pants and throw 38 straight pick-6s.

PatsFans Take Option#2:
See, Stiddy shoulda gotten some reps and run with the #1s in those last games that didn't mean squat - he's an unknown that we could've at least gotten definitive "yes or no" on.

Choose wisely my friends.

Option 2...If he had lost to da Jete, he might've had his choice of Fields or Jones...But Shula ya know...

Last edited:
In a world where Stidham wins the job and takes the Pats to a SB victory, there would be a lot of Patsfans posters with mixed emotions.

The only time I ever saw them live was during their Steel Wheels tour, at Sullivan Stadium...

So a rookie QB in his first practices in the nfl has some hiccups in some non-contact, non full go, drills is "struggling". Got it. but what a weird fecking take by Cowturd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes