PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Yo Soy Steelers! - They're now Mexico's Home Team (Updated: They're among several - Patriots are among Germany's "home" teams)

Stupid as absolute hell.

I guess you can add the NFL to the NBA as being in the Communist China's pockets. Take a look at that map of China, and that island depicted in red as part of China, that's Taiwan, which is not part of China, but the Chinese want it back.

Sickening how the same companies that will lie and vilify American Police, will suck up to and lie for Communist China.

If you dig into China’s economy and do some reading, they’ve actually morphed a bit and incorporated elements of capitalism into their economy. They still have communist principles, but they’re not purely communist anymore.

Not the place to have this discussion, but what bothers me most about China is their authoritarianism and human rights violations.

Last edited:
More than ironic that the 1st amendment forbids the US government from "abridging freedom of speech", while the Chinese government faces no difficulties pressuring US citizens and corporations to fall in line.
You spelled Israel wrong. China is such a red herring and it's amazing how easily people fall for it. Wake me up when there's a bill introduced that attempts to outlaw boycots and criticism of China. Or when there's a Chinese lobby as massive and influential as AIPAC.

Last edited:
If you dig into China’s economy and do some reading, they’ve actually morphed a bit and incorporated elements of capitalism into their economy. They still have communist principles, but they’re not purely communist anymore.

Not the place to have this discussion, but what bothers me most about China is their authoritarianism and human rights violations.

You spelled Israel wrong. China is such a red herring and it's amazing how easily people fall for it. Wake me up when there's a bill introduced that attempts to outlaw boycots and criticism of China. Or when there's a Chinese lobby as massive and influential as AIPAC.
I see where this thread could be going - so let's please do the best we can to keep it from going there. ;)

I see where this thread could be going - so let's please do the best we can to keep it from going there. ;)
Why, it's a conversation between adults that care about the issues surrounding them? If all we talked about was BB and TB and AB and AR and RG this place would die off.

Never could understand forum rules like locking threads, etc. When people have had enough of a certain topic they simply move on and the thread dies a slow death! Ignore function is there for a reason.

Reactions: Ian
Yet another awesome PF football thread!! Really learning a lot about the Xs and Os here.

Why, it's a conversation between adults that care about the issues surrounding them? If all we talked about was BB and TB and AB and AR and RG this place would die off.

Never could understand forum rules like locking threads, etc. When people have had enough of a certain topic they simply move on and the thread dies a slow death! Ignore function is there for a reason.
I’m simply pointing out that a thread about out of country markets for NFL teams isn’t the place to start getting into multiple pages of debate about China policy, which then gets into this administration (because I know that’s next), followed by all that accompanies that.

I’m hoping that won’t be the case, but that’s why I posted that.

Yet another awesome PF football thread!! Really learning a lot about the Xs and Os here.
Well if you ignore this thread you're going to be surprised when the Pats and other teams start playing games in other countries periodically in the next few years. Sure that's not X'es and O's but it effects the games you'll be watching.

The Cowboys are much more of a natural

There's proximity, there are more spanish speaking fans, and besides what comes out of cows? Milk!

"Soy Milk!"

Well if you ignore this thread you're going to be surprised when the Pats and other teams start playing games in other countries periodically in the next few years. Sure that's not X'es and O's but it effects the games you'll be watching.
I do like that aspect of this thread. Could use less of some of the other stuff in it.

Patriots in Germany :), there is a chance I would be able to see my favourite team live eventually!

I won't get into the israel thing, & do not want to get on Ian's nerve after the last nerve, which I'm sure I'm on already.

I should also note that if the sole concern is that the foreign nation mentioned has lobbying impact in the U.S., okay, have to admit, Israel's got a really strong game in that regard compared with China (although a lot will continue to depend on economic ties.)

HOWEVER, Xi isn't Deng, China's got something the USSR never had, an economy the size of ours, and they have room to grow if they continue to develop in such a way as to grow the middle class. I am not worried they'll be a commie bogeyman. I am worried they'll be a rival regardless of idealogy, and led by an authoritarian at that. I don't want to argue, I'm just saying the point of view of China as a red herring is as dated as believing they don't have a deep water navy. That was before. This guys are a problem.

And I'm done, just sayin
Ive met many Germans that liked Football,but all English ive met prefer Rugby...Personally, I just cant see Football becoming more popular than it there, if Im being honest

Also surprised the Pats are the only team interested in Germany... They dont care for Rugby much and they speak English better than England :whistle:
They could learn.
I see China got the Ros Angeles Lams :D
Oh man...
Panthers Bengals would complain
:D
But everybody recognize there's like 50-odd countries in Africa, and 4 times the population of the U.S. They're not a country, they're a continent.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back