PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Who's rooting for the Falcons & Matt Ryan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Falcons are the more complete offense. GB has the scarier QB. Pick your poison but i am not looking to hope much for either.

Any time the media is proven wrong is satisfying (see Rodgers, Aaron), so I'm on board with Matt Ryan.

I like to watch Rodgers play, but the media lovefest is sickening. If the Cowboys hadn't clocked it on 1st down there's a good chance he'd be watching the Championship game from the couch.
Or if the ref would have had the stones to call the blatant hold by the Packers OL on the third down pass (the ref in the KC v Pitt game made the call) at the end of the game.

There's a real push amongst a lot of places in social media right now, that people think Rodgers will be the GOAT if he wins the SB this year.

Kinda pisses me off.
Wait a minute.. I was told by social media earlier this year that being established as GOAT QB means having 5 rings and standing alone? The alternative was having compiled the most regular season touchdowns and regular season MVPs. It's almost like the criteria changes depending on what quarterback is being discussed!

It would be a lot easier to respect Rodgers' game if the media & announcers weren't force feeding his "greatness" down the throats of viewers. 'Force feeding' does not even come close to describing it. It was the same way with Peyton. Otherwise, when it comes to other great QBs who've had better careers thus far (Roethlisberger, Brees) and better years (like Ryan this year) - they get nowhere near the same type of reactions despite putting up some equally amazing performances/numbers in a game, or whatever is that "The Great Aaron Rodgers" did in very similar fashion. The reaction to him is x 1000. It's weird but annoying.

I think a lot of people get overly impressed by the hail marys and nonchalant side-arm throws, just because it's flashy.

It's no coincidence that I have no problem respecting the great play of Ryan, Brees, even Roethlisberger (despite off-field gripes), Wilson and more - as opposed to media darlings Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers.

My own mother, who hardly knows a thing about football, just Brady & the Patriots, asked me the other day "Who's this Rodgers guy? He's like Brady, right".... It speaks volumes about the media love he gets when it reaches non-football fans like my 65 year old mom.

Last edited:
I'm rooting for Atlanta, 1) because I just don't like Aaron Rodgers at all, 2) I hate defending against mobile QBs that can extend plays and break down a fundamentally sound defense.. and 3) because it would be a nice change to see a "new" team in the super bowl instead of the same old teams... with the exception of the Patriots, of course ;)
Good summary of my thoughts. I'll add that Falcons in the Super Bowl would lower ticket prices allowing more Pats fans to attend.

This is a no brainer for me.... Give me Matty and the Falcone over those stinkheads any day.

1. Aaron Rodgers is turning into a Manning 2.0 for me, with all the media infatuation and his dumbass commercials.
2. Can't stand Rodgers himself. He always rubbed off the wrong way with me. Something about his demeanor screams 'arrogant douchebag'.
3. McCarthy is another douche and always comes across as an arrogant sarcastic comedian in his pressers.
4. Should we advance to the Superbowl and lose to the Packers, we wouldn't hear the end of it... how Rodgers is better.
5. I like Matt Ryan. Always seems like a nice, down to earth guy, low key player (doesn't do commercials - that helps).
6. Like someone here mentioned, would be nice to have the Falcons in the big game for a change. Julio Jones is overdue for a ring (though hopefully not at our expense).

Go Falcons.

I am cheering for the Falcons. I appreciate the way Ryan plays qb. Former patriot guys running their show. And Julio is a man among toddlers!

I am, would like to see them beat the Patriots, we've won so much that I've grown tired of winning.

I always liked Matt Ryan, also went to Boston College, he is a cool guy and rooting for them to beat the Packers in the NFC.

With that said if it's the Patriots and Falcons in the SB it should be super fun watching two high scoring offenses playing and of course getting that 5th ring.

I said this earlier in the season when they beat Denver that one time - I have no issues rooting for Atlanta. If our Patriots lose to Steelers and Ryan defeats Green Bay, I hope Matt Ryan lifts that trophy! Though, I'd rather Tom Brady lift that trophy.

Saints and Falcons are two franchises that have earned my respect.

Well if the Patriots didn't win then I wanted the Falcons too. I was a big fan of Ryan when he played at BC. Back when they were a top 25 team.

But as far as Super Bowl match ups, I would like to see Rodgers vs Brady. But if we lose the AFC Championship then I am rooting for Atlanta to win it all. Of course we will know by game time who is representing the NFC.

This needs to stop. It's just out of control. I go to NFL.com to check something and see this laughable article/graphic. Seriously, is he paying people to get this type of media attention? He has to be.

I8bWZko.jpg

VqSVZ69.gif

Last edited:
This needs to stop. It's just out of control. I go to NFL.com to check something and see this laughable article/graphic.

Seriously, is he paying people to get this type of media attention? He has to be.

I8bWZko.jpg
I can see the NFL trying to label Rodgers as the GOAT if he beats Brady in Superbowl 51 and goes on to win another ring before he retires. I don't agree with it, but it looks like they are alreary trying..

i'm onto us being onto pittsburgh.

and it really doesn't matter who we play. we have to play our best game to beat either of those great teams. it ain't gonna be easy.

I'm not sure us pats fans should be talking about Aaron Rodgers having luck throws after saturday night.

Brady threw at least 5 Joe Flacco-esque prayer bombs to Edelman/Hogan and almost all were either completed in double coverage or harmlessly incomplete. There was a lot of luck involved there as well. I mean how often do we ever see Brady just repeatedly chuck it up for grabs?
See thats my whole point. Tell me when you saw the Pats win because of luck throws/Hail Marys(apart from the Houston game)? Rodgers had to rely on those plays to work multiple times now this season and is lucky all those defenses sucked a** in those situations.

The dude has 1 Super Bowl ring. How the hell is he on Michael Jordan's level?

I hate the media and the NFL marketing dept, they just make me want to vomit the way they shove people down our throats.

I like(ed) Aaron Rodgers but they're really making me sick of him real fast. I'd rather see the Falcons now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News