PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Who's rooting for the Falcons & Matt Ryan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

English Patriot

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Would just like to open that this is not a 'i want the Packers to lose' post. The reason i want Atlanta to get the W on Sunday is because of the flagrant oversight that seems to be happening in light of last night's results.

Listen i'm a big, big fan of Aaron Rodgers, i don't how you can't be if you love this sport, but the way people are discrediting what Ryan has done/is doing and acting like next Sunday's game is a foregone conclusion is pretty bad IMO.

Matt Ryan also seems like a genuinely good guy that doesn't go looking for headlines and praise, from the outside looking in it would seem that it hurts him that his team has come up small despite great regular season results in the past. In fact i'm struggling to even think of a time where he has made a media situation all about himself.

Another reason i am pulling for them is because i don't like seeing extraordinary talent not getting the success they warrant. By this i'm talking about Julio Jones. Just like Randy Moss who criminally never got the ring his body of work deserved it would be a shame if he ended up the way of Calvin Johnson and never had memorable playoff moments that his level of excellence warrants.

Of course i'm not hoping for them to get this success over the Pats but it would be cool if it was us and them in the Super Bowl rather than the Packers/Steelers matchup that everybody in the media is just dying to see even before the divisional round had taken place.

P.S. Just a little footnote, if Dez Bryant or Odell Beckham had pulled a stunt like Antonio Brown and his goons did last night they would be raked through the coals so why isn't he? Ironically i prefer players like the 2 mentioned over Brown. Something very unlikable about him.

I am, I like Matt Ryan and also have no problems whatsoever with him winning the MVP. He's been a good QB in this league ever since he entered in 2008 and is having a spectacular season.
Yeah i got no problems if the voting is him over Brady even though i think degree of difficulty goes to Tom by a mile

Any time the media is proven wrong is satisfying (see Rodgers, Aaron), so I'm on board with Matt Ryan.

I like to watch Rodgers play, but the media lovefest is sickening. If the Cowboys hadn't clocked it on 1st down there's a good chance he'd be watching the Championship game from the couch.

I am as well. I think Ryan deserves the MVP the most, who thought he would even be in the discussion at the start of the season. Also i dislike Aaron Rogers and all his luck throws.

I'm absolutely pulling for Matty Ice. Seems like a good person and a local college kid to boot

I hope ATL smokes GB.

There's a real push amongst a lot of places in social media right now, that people think Rodgers will be the GOAT if he wins the SB this year.

Kinda pisses me off.

I'm not sure Matt Ryan will ever come this close to a Super Bowl again...so yes, I want him to go as far as he can until he receives the kinda recognition he deserves.

Seems unfair that he gets ridiculed as much as he does

Would just like to open that this is not a 'i want the Packers to lose' post. The reason i want Atlanta to get the W on Sunday is because of the flagrant oversight that seems to be happening in light of last night's results.

Listen i'm a big, big fan of Aaron Rodgers, i don't how you can't be if you love this sport, but the way people are discrediting what Ryan has done/is doing and acting like next Sunday's game is a foregone conclusion is pretty bad IMO.

Matt Ryan also seems like a genuinely good guy that doesn't go looking for headlines and praise, from the outside looking in it would seem that it hurts him that his team has come up small despite great regular season results in the past. In fact i'm struggling to even think of a time where he has made a media situation all about himself.

Another reason i am pulling for them is because i don't like seeing extraordinary talent not getting the success they warrant. By this i'm talking about Julio Jones. Just like Randy Moss who criminally never got the ring his body of work deserved it would be a shame if he ended up the way of Calvin Johnson and never had memorable playoff moments that his level of excellence warrants.

Of course i'm not hoping for them to get this success over the Pats but it would be cool if it was us and them in the Super Bowl rather than the Packers/Steelers matchup that everybody in the media is just dying to see even before the divisional round had taken place.

P.S. Just a little footnote, if Dez Bryant or Odell Beckham had pulled a stunt like Antonio Brown and his goons did last night they would be raked through the coals so why isn't he? Ironically i prefer players like the 2 mentioned over Brown. Something very unlikable about him.
I'm rooting for Atlanta for 2 reasons

1. So Rogers doesn't get ballwashed

2. Because I'm a long time BC fan (although they suck lately) and I like Ryan

I want Atlanta to win because we have only played one defense all year as bad as those mopes. Seeing Brady obliterate a defense would be such a big nail in any last "all time greats" conversations.

Also, Rodgers vs Brady in 2014 was an all timer, as far as chessmatches go. I don't see how you play them and not come down to a final drive, and I don't like my nerves getting wrecked for two weeks leading up to the game (if we were lucky enough to make it).

There's a real push amongst a lot of places in social media right now, that people think Rodgers will be the GOAT if he wins the SB this year.

Kinda pisses me off.

They did the same with Fivehead in 2009, until the Saints kicked his ass in the SB.

I'm rooting for Atlanta, 1) because I just don't like Aaron Rodgers at all, 2) I hate defending against mobile QBs that can extend plays and break down a fundamentally sound defense.. and 3) because it would be a nice change to see a "new" team in the super bowl instead of the same old teams... with the exception of the Patriots, of course ;)

If not the Patriots, I'd probably be a Falcons fan.

I'd love to see Ryan win just because he's been playing top notch football for 3 years now and barely has any buzz around him. The whole franchise is hard-working, no flamboyance, just dedication and professionalism and the leader is a former patriot, Dimitroff

Last edited:
I am as well. I think Ryan deserves the MVP the most, who thought he would even be in the discussion at the start of the season. Also i dislike Aaron Rogers and all his luck throws.
I'm not sure us pats fans should be talking about Aaron Rodgers having luck throws after saturday night.

Brady threw at least 5 Joe Flacco-esque prayer bombs to Edelman/Hogan and almost all were either completed in double coverage or harmlessly incomplete. There was a lot of luck involved there as well. I mean how often do we ever see Brady just repeatedly chuck it up for grabs?

I'm not sure us pats fans should be talking about Aaron Rodgers having luck throws after saturday night.

Brady threw at least 5 Joe Flacco-esque prayer bombs to Edelman/Hogan and almost all were either completed in double coverage or harmlessly incomplete. There was a lot of luck involved there as well. I mean how often do we ever see Brady just repeatedly chuck it up for grabs?
I was in disbelief when I saw Brady completing those passes. Those looked like the kind of passes that other teams would constantly get on the Pats defense. Especially a few years ago where the entire Pats fanbase was calling out our secondary for not turning around and watching for underthrown passes.

I kinda like Matt Ryan, especially since he's paid a tremendous amount of homage to Brady since coming into the league. He's got a good attitude and seems like a hard worker.

I'm also with some of you on the whole "Fivehead 2.0" thing going on with Rodgers. Hey, he does commercials!

EDIT - But I like the Falcons at home against Green Bay, even though I had Green Bay in the Super Bowl in my preseason predictions. I just don't know if the Packers can keep up. I guess we will see.

I think we could generate pressure on Ryan, Rodgers would run around and drive me nuts, so I guess Atlanta. Both teams have great O's and crap D's, GB has no secondary.

i am! I love Matty Ice...and i am already sick of Peyton, oops, i mean Aaron Rodgers being shoved down our throat. I dont care for Green Bays backyard style of football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back