PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: WFT To Become "The Commanders"

You had years to come up with a name and that's all you could come up with? Epic fail.
It just continues to amaze and amuse my inner child (long story as to why), the absolute inversion of fortunes between the Pats and Fails since 2000-ish. Crash and burn, burgundy and gold, crash and burn. Just let me grab some marshmallows and a stick.

Last edited:
Communists, while spot-on, somehow just doesn’t capture the essence of the place. But “Comrades” seems to do that better

I actually kinda liked the WFT uniforms with just the number on the helmet but still keeping that Redskins feel.

Also. Commanders is awful.

Last edited:
I actually kinda liked the WFT uniforms with just the number on the helmet but still keeping that Redskins feel.

Also. Commanders is awful.
Yeah, the logo-less old uniforms were infinitely better than this.

Under His Eye

Still no logo? They sure put a lot of thought into these. Lol.

Awful name. I hope the idiot who spent all that money on the red wolves patent is happy now.

Was expecting some fierce mythical creature.

With the way Snyder runs that place they should have been called Der Kommissars.

Plus that would have been more fun to say out loud.

Definitely has a Wizards feel.. doesn't really matter, horribly run franchise until Snyder is forced out.

You had years to come up with a name and that's all you could come up with? Epic fail.
This was my first and only thought for a while. They had a blank slate and went with the most boring vanilla name they could have come up with.

Red Tails was sitting right there for them.

I can hear the band playing that famous fight song - “Hail to the Commanders” as the P.C. (oops) D.C. crowds silently clap along…

Gawd…can you imagine being a Redskins fan right now lol!

Last edited:
why not a kinder gentler re-phrasing of Redskins? say...ScarletEpidermals?

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back