PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Vick 30 for 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. But it would be constructive to be angry, especially that such atrocities continue and are allowed in our country.

And you assume that I am not angry (indignant is the correct word.). Being indignant about past atrocities is the starting point.

And FYI I used “left” because that reasoning is described as left in mainstream culture. I am not registered with any political party and will vote right, left, or alternative depending on the candidate. It’s been a while since I’ve voted for a Democrat or Republican.

Welp this has gone off the rails.

I’m exiting this thread so it doesn’t get locked. I had a feeling it would turn this way, but I am really surprised it netted a dog/animal hater (wtf.). I won’t diss @Actual Pats Fan . I don’t agree with this approach but at least he’s trying to stand up for what he perceives as unfairness.

Dude, you came of age in 2001, not 1971. Don't give me that "nobody wanted a black QB bullsh*t". You were the #1 pick in the draft. 2 years earlier, a black QB was draft #2 overall and then another black QB was drafted #3 overall and then another black QB was drafted #11 overall and then another black QB was drafted #50 overall (4 of the top 6 QB's drafted in 1999 were black).

This is nothing but playing the race card to make up for the fact that he is a f'ing scumbag POS. But he's a media member now and they certainly protect their own.

Didn't Doug Williams make some noise (and cause the fans to make a lot of noise) back in '87?

And you assume that I am not angry (indignant is the correct word.). Being indignant about past atrocities is the starting point.
We need to be angry at current atrocities now. And refuse to accept them. Actively.

I've never seen Vick vehemently speak out and advocate for an end to animal cruelty, for example.

I personally hate animals ... even though I hate animals, I can't understand why anyone would torture them.
Is this for real? How can a person actually hate animals? Or maybe it's a form of humor I don't understand? :confused:

Last edited:
Dogs are wolves that humans stole and then they took away their will to be free.
For someone who claims to hate animals, you sure seem awfully upset about stuff that happened 20,000 years ago.

Is this for real? How can a person actually hate animals? Or maybe it's a form of humor I don't understand? :confused:
Well, full disclosure I hate Ravens, Broncos, Colts, Bears, Dolphins, Seahawks, and Eagles...

No. But it would be constructive to be angry, especially that such atrocities continue and are allowed in our country.
Slavery still exists in the United States? Let me guess, you’re speaking in the metaphorical? The best that we can do is live our lives as well as possible and try to be as tolerant as possible because the only thing we have control over is our own lives. That’s the only thing that we can be reasonably held responsible for. Anything else comes off as self-righteous white guilt. But keep telling large swaths of white men that they need to feel guilty/sorry/angry over something they can’t control and/or weren’t even alive for. White supremacist groups are enjoying the explosion in membership in large part due to that reasoning.

Slavery still exists in the United States?
At the end of our Civil War, a tremendous, nationwide propaganda effort launched to pacify, placate, enable, empower, console and comfort the victims of centuries of atrocit---

No. At the end of our Civil War, a tremendous, nationwide propaganda effort launched to pacify, placate, enable, empower, console and comfort the perpetrators of centuries of atrocities and crimes against humanity, under the erroneous idea of encouraging unity. This industry set the foundation for the murder of millions of African Americans in the twentieth century, with zero acknowledgement, accountability or even mild concern on the part of the main stream populace. Total impunity, the white racists got off scot free.
The best that we can do is live our lives as well as possible and try to be as tolerant as possible because the only thing we have control over is our own lives. That’s the only thing that we can be reasonably held responsible for. Anything else comes off as self-righteous white guilt.
And people like me who simply point out facts regarding embedded, entrenched rampant racism are considered to be hyperbolic guilt trippers.
But keep telling large swaths of white men that they need to feel guilty/sorry/angry over something they can’t control and/or weren’t even alive for.
Those large swaths are already unreformable, multigenerational white supremacists. I have nothing to say to them. But those, like you and others here, who are not racists can control it. Help stop it. And you're very much alive for it, today.

At the end of our Civil War, a tremendous, nationwide propaganda effort launched to pacify, placate, enable, empower, console and comfort the victims of centuries of atrocit---

No. At the end of our Civil War, a tremendous, nationwide propaganda effort launched to pacify, placate, enable, empower, console and comfort the perpetrators of centuries of atrocities and crimes against humanity, under the erroneous idea of encouraging unity. This industry set the foundation for the murder of millions of African Americans in the twentieth century, with zero acknowledgement, accountability or even mild concern on the part of the main stream populace. Total impunity, the white racists got off scot free.

And people like me who simply point out facts regarding embedded, entrenched rampant racism are considered to be hyperbolic guilt trippers.

Those large swaths are already unreformable, multigenerational white supremacists. I have nothing to say to them. But those, like you and others here, who are not racists can control it. Help stop it. And you're very much alive for it, today.
Instead of your cop out answer of “anything” what is a white person who dislikes white supremacists supposed to do to combat white supremacy?

That’s terrible.

That’s because you are. I’m down to eliminate racism but I have no clue how to do that because I can only control my own life. I’m also unsure how we can have some many different cultures, which we couldn’t even come close to understanding and empathizing with as a result, and not have some semblance of racism on all sides.

Okay. How are we stopping it? What is the plan that doesn’t have white men en masse apologizing for something we aren’t responsible for and can not control? And if you’re going for true equality, that plan of attack doesn’t make sense in the first place. It’s just switching the side that’s the victim of inequality. Lastly, your line of reasoning is definitely contributing to the renaissance of white supremacist groups. It takes white men who were on the fence in the first place and, in essence, pushes them to a side.

Please lay out your plan’s blueprint and I’ll tell you whether I’m on board or not.

Instead of your cop out answer of “anything” what is a white person who dislikes white supremacists supposed to do to combat white supremacy?
The list is endless. Speak up. Speak out.

One white person taking a knee at a meeting or game is one thing.

Several would be...distracting...annoying?

30,000 white people taking a knee during the anthem in a stadium with a capacity of 48,000 would make a statement: "We are not tolerating continuing oppression and murder of our fellow innocent, vulnerable Americans."

We decide what's acceptable and what's not in our country. You and me.

30,000 white people taking a knee during the anthem in a stadium with a capacity of 48,000 would make a statement: "We are not tolerating continuing oppression and murder of our fellow innocent, vulnerable Americans."

So who makes the announcement that murder is illegal and racism is banned after we all take a knee during the National Anthem? Does a Supreme Court Justice do that?

Please lay out your plan’s blueprint and I’ll tell you whether I’m on board or not.
Well we're not allowed to talk about politics, but if I may I'll say slavery reparations is stupid, ridiculous, untenable and insulting. "Here's your reparations check. Sorry." That'll cover less than half your legal expenses defending yourself against false charges because you're black.

And you, like everybody, have all your own responsibilities in your life - there's only so much time each of us has.

My first suggestion is don't give up and think, "It's hopeless. Government is too big. Media is too strong. There's nothing we can do."

Start thinking, "There are solutions to this. Real ones. Practical ones. Just like there are solutions to all kinds of problems." It starts with an idea, and is helped with faith.

I'm struck by how many people in America believe everything's out of our control.

As a little example, how about we put together a facebook/instagram/twitter message for Tom, telling him we love him no matter what, but we want him to stay? That seems doable.

It only took one Boston cabbie to convince Red Auerbach to stay here, on the trip to Logan for his flight to New York.

So who makes the announcement that murder is illegal and racism is banned after we all take a knee during the National Anthem? Does a Supreme Court Justice do that?
Over time, what's accepted today becomes unacceptable tomorrow.

So as far as me, one white man, pretty much nothing I can do. I can kneel at a game or a meeting but it is no guarantee anyone around follows suit, notices, or cares.

F*ck that. I stand respectfully for the anthem. To anyone who doesn't like that: GFY.

F*ck that. I stand respectfully for the anthem. To anyone who doesn't like that: GFY.
**** you. I don’t care, I can’t stand it. GFY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference