PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Vick 30 for 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, you came of age in 2001, not 1971. Don't give me that "nobody wanted a black QB bullsh*t". You were the #1 pick in the draft. 2 years earlier, a black QB was draft #2 overall and then another black QB was drafted #3 overall and then another black QB was drafted #11 overall and then another black QB was drafted #50 overall (4 of the top 6 QB's drafted in 1999 were black).

This is nothing but playing the race card to make up for the fact that he is a f'ing scumbag POS. But he's a media member now and they certainly protect their own.

I agree, I haven't seen appropriate contrition from Vick.

Of course, I never expect to see it from any white person for the white supremacy that has tortured and murdered millions just since abolition.

What exactly am I supposed to be apologizing for?

Apparently you are supposed to be apologizing for white hate groups that disgust you and of which you’ve never been been a part.

Future historians will need to explain to people why humans chose to capture and keep animals against their will. I personally hate animals. And I cannot for the life of me undertand why anyone would want to capture one and force it into a life of servitude for the pleasure of its master. Having said that, even though I hate animals, I can't understand why anyone would torture them. Takes a very sick individual.

Having lived in Florida for 9 years I got used to terrible people.

That’s all the New York transplants, they’re like locusts.

That’s all the New York transplants, they’re like locusts.
9 years and there wasn’t really a single redeeming quality about that place.

Future historians will need to explain to people why humans chose to capture and keep animals against their will. I personally hate animals. And I cannot for the life of me undertand why anyone would want to capture one and force it into a life of servitude for the pleasure of its master. Having said that, even though I hate animals, I can't understand why anyone would torture them. Takes a very sick individual.
I don’t think we need “future historians”. The history of animal husbandry and domestication is already pretty much well known.

Future historians will need to explain to people why humans chose to capture and keep animals against their will.

Dogs are genetically predisposed to serve/domesticate with humans. They cannot fend for themselves in the wild. They are dependent on humans for shelter and food, and beyond that, they have proven emotional similarities to humans in desiring companionship and affection. I don’t know if you are referring to dogs here, but if you are, you should understand they are an outlier. Many breeds are actually predisposed to servitude and will become depressed or aggressive if they aren’t given a job to do.

In general, I agree that caging an animal that should be in its natural habitat is revolting to me.

Dogs are genetically predisposed to serve/domesticate with humans. They cannot fend for themselves in the wild. They are dependent on humans for shelter and food, and beyond that, they have proven emotional similarities to humans in desiring companionship and affection. I don’t know if you are referring to dogs here, but if you are, you should understand they are an outlier. Many breeds are actually predisposed to servitude and will become depressed or aggressive if they aren’t given a job to do.

In general, I agree that caging an animal that should be in its natural habitat is revolting to me.
Dogs are wolves that humans stole and then they took away their will to be free.

Dogs are wolves that humans stole and then they took away their will to be free.

They’ve been around for longer than humans have known about selective breeding and genetics.

They’ve been around for longer than humans have known about selective breeding and genetics.
That settles it then. Dogs were meant to live in houses, be owned by humans, wear cute onesies, and be dependant on us. That is their design.

That settles it then. Dogs were meant to live in houses, be owned by humans, wear cute onesies, and be dependant on us. That is their design.

Dogs are descended from wolves who figured out that living around humans provided more opportunities for food and that it was a mutually beneficial relationship. Because they survived this genetic predisposition was passed on.

Their descendants couldn’t survive in the wild any more than most of us could now.

bTcOFK7l.jpg

Nothing.
Apparently you are supposed to be apologizing for white hate groups that disgust you and of which you’ve never been been a part.
Virtually all white people make no acknowledgement and feel zero remorse, penitence, responsibility or empathy for ongoing, endless injury from white supremacy.
Future historians will need to explain to people why humans chose to capture and keep fellow humans against their will. I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would want to capture one and force it into a life of servitude for the sadistic pleasure and profit of its master. I can't understand why anyone would torture black people or immigrants. Takes a very sick group of individuals.

Nothing.

Virtually all white people make no acknowledgement and feel zero remorse, penitence, responsibility or empathy for ongoing, endless injury from white supremacy.
I can only aspire to be as woke as you.

This makes no sense. You act like the OP is demanding apologies from other African Americans like they should apologize for Michael Vick’s crimes. No one is saying anything like this.

Of course any decent human beings find slavery revolting and acknowledge it was a horrible thing. Many white people immediately stand up to bigotry and racism without any question the moment the topic is brought up. What more do you want? Many, many ethnic groups came to the USA to escape persecution elsewhere.

My grandparents came to the US on Ellis Island in the 1930s to escape early of the Holocaust. Should my family also apologize for being ancestors being bigots and slave owners? Of course not. Just like Germans should not have to apologize for the sins of their grandparents. Acknowledgement that there are universal evils, and standing up against bigotry, prejudice, and hate, is sufficient. I watched Roots when I was a kid when my parents introduced me to slavery, and I remember having utmost compassion and sadness for slaves. My kids will watch Roots soon. We talk about why it’s wrong to judge people by their skin color, religion, or any other ethnic characteristic. Going to the point of actually apologizing like you are some reincarnated version of a racist slave owner is ridiculous and why many are turned off by leftist guilt. Listening to African Americans tell their plight, and understanding their perspective, is valuable and also more constructive.

This makes no sense.
giphy.gif

You act like the OP is demanding apologies from other African Americans like they should apologize for Michael Vick’s crimes.
? He correctly stated that Vick does not display appropriate contrition
Many white people immediately stand up to bigotry and racism without any question the moment the topic is brought up.
Yet it continues unabated and unaddressed by either major governing party.
What more do you want?
Something, anything would be nice.
Going to the point of actually apologizing like you are some reincarnated version of a racist slave owner is ridiculous
but it would show some empathy, acknowledgement and compassion, and would encourage responsibility and education as to not just historic but more importantly ongoing oppression
many are turned off by leftist guilt.
'leftist'?

Should my family also apologize for being ancestors being bigots and slave owners?
No. But it would be constructive to be angry, especially that such atrocities continue and are allowed in our country.

Welp this has gone off the rails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe