PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Urban Meyer put on paid leave by Ohio State.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's fine. Then why haven't we found out the names of all her relatives who reportedly told her not to call 911 and made sure they all lose their jobs? Why is Urban Meyer the only one seemingly responsible for all this?
Why would anyone read about unknown people who lost their jobs? Thus, how do you know that others have not lost their jobs? Do you think if he loses his job others will not?

This is part of why they are legally obligated to report it to higher authorities at the university in this case OSU. It should get to the proper body Title 9 officer or even police/courts. They do the investigation. Being punished over allegations is extremely unfair and damaging. Due process should be the order of the day.

Meyer's immediate legal obligation was to report alleged abuse he is suspects to his superiors.
I don't really know why he'd have to go turn in this assistant to the university.

Actually the wife should've gone to the cops and turned in her husband if he's beating her.

I think it just depends on the details. I've seen women hit men, and then after that, a man hit back. And my point is in today's climate with some of the false accusations of rape and assault with the me too movement, I'm not ready to cast judgement on Urban for the domestic problems of an assistant coach.

That's fine. Then why haven't we found out the names of all her relatives who reportedly told her not to call 911 and made sure they all lose their jobs? Why is Urban Meyer the only one seemingly responsible for all this?

It would depend on several things including: Are they legally required to do so? Who are they required to report it to, if required? (Can telling Meyer but not their immediately superior be enough.) Did they properly report it and it was ignored?

Meyer was Z. Smith's superior, unless he reported it after suspecting it he's the tip of the iceberg. That's why his neck is front and center

I don't really know why he'd have to go turn in this assistant to the university.

Actually the wife should've gone to the cops and turned in her husband if he's beating her.

I think it just depends on the details. I've seen women hit men, and then after that, a man hit back. And my point is in today's climate with some of the false accusations of rape and assault with the me too movement, I'm not ready to cast judgement on Urban for the domestic problems of an assistant coach.

He's legally obligated by his contract.

Title IX stipulations in his contract; that's why he was legally obligated to report Zach Smith's alleged abuse to the university.

He's legally obligated by his contract.
Do you know for what types of allegations Urban was required to report to University for investigations? Besides domestic violence?

I didn't know he had this in his contract. I wouldn't want it there. And I wouldn't want to report every rumor I might hear about my staff. That puts you in a bad spot. You'd better have the proof basically. Cause once you report a guy for stuff, he's not gonna be a good coach for you anymore.

I'd tell the woman to go to the cops if it's really happening.

No idea, but I'd wager sexual harassment or assault, and any felony or NCAA rule violation are part of it.

No idea, but I'd wager sexual harassment or assault, and any felony or NCAA rule violation are part of it.
Ok.

Man, that's tough. I wouldn't want to report something like this if I hadn't witnessed it or at least had a strong suspicion of.

Ok.

Man, that's tough. I wouldn't want to report something like this if I hadn't witnessed it or at least had a strong suspicion of.

If you report it up the channel, that's different than it being investigated. Something that is suspected might only be recorded. But it's on record and if it happens again would have more weight. Same as if my neighbor threatened me. I reported it, the cops did nothing but record it, but it's on record.

If you report it up the channel, that's different than it being investigated. Something that is suspected might only be recorded. But it's on record and if it happens again would have more weight. Same as if my neighbor threatened me. I reported it, the cops did nothing but record it, but it's on record.
Ok.

I guess it just seems very odd that Urban would have to report things he's not witnessed or maybe just heard rumors of. But that's probably what these universities are like nowadays.

Why would anyone read about unknown people who lost their jobs? Thus, how do you know that others have not lost their jobs? Do you think if he loses his job others will not?

Well, no one seems to care about anyone besides Meyer. Why are all the Ohio State assistants who were there at the time not also on administrative leave? I haven't seen any of the wives that knew called despicable.

That's not what I want either. I simply don't like how we react as a society. We seem to care more about who knew about crimes than the person that actually committed the crime. As I said earlier in this thread, I have no doubt there is someone out there demanding Meyer lose his job and has no idea who Zach Smith is. Even I can't name a single Baylor player accused of sexual assault without doing a Google search but it's big news that Art Briles got a head coaching job in another country.

I work for the US military,
Ok.

I guess it just seems very odd that Urban would have to report things he's not witnessed or maybe just heard rumors of. But that's probably what these universities are like nowadays.
I'm sure that's not just universities. My office has similar codes and the further you go up the chain the greater the potential responsibility for not going through proper channels.

Bottom line don't ignore it. ETA I'm sure there has to be some credibility associated, like the bruises Ms Smith recorded. Or someone else hearing my psycho neighbor threatening me (true story...fat f'ck couldn't have caught me unless I laid down and let him suffocate me by sitting on my face).

Last edited:
I haven't seen any of the wives that knew called despicable.
We are in the "Me too" Era. So this won't matter.

If the wife and her friends don't find it worthy to go to the cops, then I'm not sure why Urban Meyer should be the fall guy for this.

Last edited:
If they don't do a 30/30 on his FL teams the terrorist win. Hernandez, Cam Newton, Pouncey Brothers, Percy Harvin, Tim Tebow, Janoris Jenkins & Riley Cooper among others w Meyer coaching?
Kontra, FL in the running for #1 high School recruit K.T.

Cam Newton?

We are in the "Me too" Era. So this won't matter.

If the wife and her friends don't find it worthy to go to the cops, then I'm not sure why Urban Meyer should be the fall guy for this.
Not only did the wives and friends refuse to go to the authorities, but both sides of the family (his parents and her parents) knew and chose to do nothing.

Too bad there’s no middle ground for Meyer here, because I can understand a reason to be punished, but I just don’t feel like he should lose everything over this particular incident.

Middle ground? He could have reported it in a way that cast doubt on it.

He's catching the major heat for being the top of the iceberg. So were Biles and Pitino.

Last edited:
Not only did the wives and friends refuse to go to the authorities, but both sides of the family (his parents and her parents) knew and chose to do nothing.

Too bad there’s no middle ground for Meyer here, because I can understand a reason to be punished, but I just don’t feel like he should lose everything over this particular incident.
I'm listening to the radio this morning. It's BS. Like Urban Meyer is the reason this woman was supposedly beat up by her husband.

Like you said, wives, close friends and family are not losing their jobs, Urban Meyer supposedly allowed this domestic violence to happen. It's ridiculous.

My opinion here, this is the Me Too movement. Fight the patriarchy, and even better if you can blame a white male at the top. Don't blame this woman's close family and friends that would actually know the truth and details for not reporting this to authorities.

If she was beat, it's her job to go to the cops. And it's her friends job to make her do it. Putting this on Urban Meyer is stupid.

Cam Newton?
Yea. Kinda surprised not many knew that.

A few of those FL teams had some absolute mental cases running around. To be expected since FL is the craziest state we got but those teams were something special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe