PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: UK Pats Fan Suffering depression

Lots of good advice here. It's your job to get help and you made a terrific move by posting here. I will be redundant and say again please seek professional help. The most important thing you must do is to keep talking about your issues. Without communications you will set your self back on any improvement.

Please consult with Professionals.

If you need to talk you can PM me other anyone of the others that have offered in this thread.

Talk Talk Talk most important.

You have taken a major step speaking to your friends at this forum.

Best wishes and keep up the good work.

We are all your friends. We care about you.

Hey all,

Thank you for all the messages and support that i have had the last few months has meant a lot to me!

You'll all be pleased to know i am back off to work tomorrow for 2 hours a day for a week to see how i get on.

Once Again thank you everyone for your support and help these last few months, has helped me a tremendous amount, and i will always be in your debt!!

#LFG
How are you doing?

Just saw your post, sorry late to the party....as you have seen here, there are a LOT of good people in the world, who, like you, respond well to someones honesty. It takes courage, and balls, to be honest and open, and seek help, so bravo for you.

Depression. After a lifetime of dealing with it, I can state that it doesnt always stay dark, nor sunny. So when things are really dark for me, I just try not to do anything that will make it worse. Sometimes the best thing you can do for yourself, is to keep yourself from hurting yourself when you are feeling down.

Wishing you brighter days ahead.

Happiness and joy to everyone out there in Pats Land tonight and tomorrow.

And if that eludes you, then hope you have as much alleviation of whatever ails you as possible.

Cheers from Washington, DC tonight.

Reactions: Ian
Bumping this to move the date, so that it can be marked as “seen” by those who view it and then will update properly going forward so people will be alerted to new posts, replies, etc.

As you can also see, new replies on any of these pinned threads above will also move it back into the main forum area so that they’re more noticeable and it will make it easier for those who want to reply.

Just an update: knock on wood (that is, my head :excited: ), anxiety and depression hasn't been bad this year. Through God's help, a strong family, and my doctors this has been made possible. Also starting to feel better physically after my July surgery.

Hi all,

Admin feel free to delete if not appropriate.

Some of you know me well on here and some of you don’t, I tend to be the positive person on the match day threads and the draft area.

Onto what this is really about...

All honesty I feel like my life is going nowhere expect downhill. No matter how hard I try it feels it’s going no where and I feel my issues and things I’ve raised haven’t been taken into account how I feel. My depression and anxiety has hit me really and I’ve just been signed off work on sick due to my mental health. I feel I am letting my family down, friends and myself. I look forward to every Sunday as that’s when my boys play and I feel happy again, sad isn’t it?

Work life -

I work for the government in the defence industry and I’m finding it very hard to cope with some colleagues and today I got pulled away from my team and was addressed with an unformal warning about what I was saying over Skype for Business. Basically I said I hate my team and find it really hard at times and I don’t like a team member what so ever and how she address me and how she talks to me.

Sorry for such a negative and downhearted post. Just needed somewhere to let this all out.

Thank you for those who have read this really do appreciate it.

For a year or so when I was in my twenties, I taught "job readiness skills" to "at-risk" youth. (As with most government jobs, I didn't accomplish much, other than "earning" a salary.)

I do remember reading at that time that most work problems arise out of difficulties with co-workers, whether they be above one or below or at par on the organizational chart. The articles argued that this is as least as much the case with white collar work as it is with physical work. My own experience is that it is worse among the coat and tie set: pointless p---- contests, cringeworthy suckup campaigns, watercooler character assassination: we've all seen it. I did tree work for about eight years. Blowups in that sort of work come and go in a matter of minutes: a lot of swearing, maybe a shove or two, and it's over. We all wish, particularly in an office setting, that our direct job skills, intelligence or diligence might trump such nonsense, but too often it does not. Too often, the interpersonal c---p calls the tune.

Here are a few thoughts:

1) Maybe it's just not the sort of work for you, or attracts the sort of people you'll struggle to work with. If that's the case, leave, taking care to do so in such a way that you can score at least passable references. I tried a number of things before I found a line of work I actually enjoyed - teaching English and Philosophy. Most days I actually enjoyed heading off to work. For a while when I was younger I worked as a technical writer. I worked at the General Electric Company subcontracted to write overhaul and repair manuals for the Navy. I enjoyed the work itself, but the red tape and the fools who loved it were unendurable. I went back to tree work. Simple: cut stuff down and grind it up.

2) Maybe at its base your depression (a real and terrible malady, I know) has nothing to do with the job. If that's the case, or might be, get into therapy. It really does work if you find the right therapist.

3) Consider apologizing if you determine you've been in the wrong. It happens. It has certainly happened to me. At times a genuine, uncringing and forthright apology can work wonders.

I've been in similar straits in my life: I think most people have. There is always some sort of light at the end of such tunnels. I genuinely hope you find yours.

For a year or so when I was in my twenties, I taught "job readiness skills" to "at-risk" youth. (As with most government jobs, I didn't accomplish much, other than "earning" a salary.)

I do remember reading at that time that most work problems arise out of difficulties with co-workers, whether they be above one or below or at par on the organizational chart. The articles argued that this is as least as much the case with white collar work as it is with physical work. My own experience is that it is worse among the coat and tie set: pointless p---- contests, cringeworthy suckup campaigns, watercooler character assassination: we've all seen it. I did tree work for about eight years. Blowups in that sort of work come and go in a matter of minutes: a lot of swearing, maybe a shove or two, and it's over. We all wish, particularly in an office setting, that our direct job skills, intelligence or diligence might trump such nonsense, but too often it does not. Too often, the interpersonal c---p calls the tune.

Here are a few thoughts:

1) Maybe it's just not the sort of work for you, or attracts the sort of people you'll struggle to work with. If that's the case, leave, taking care to do so in such a way that you can score at least passable references. I tried a number of things before I found a line of work I actually enjoyed - teaching English and Philosophy. Most days I actually enjoyed heading off to work. For a while when I was younger I worked as a technical writer. I worked at the General Electric Company subcontracted to write overhaul and repair manuals for the Navy. I enjoyed the work itself, but the red tape and the fools who loved it were unendurable. I went back to tree work. Simple: cut stuff down and grind it up.

2) Maybe at its base your depression (a real and terrible malady, I know) has nothing to do with the job. If that's the case, or might be, get into therapy. It really does work if you find the right therapist.

3) Consider apologizing if you determine you've been in the wrong. It happens. It has certainly happened to me. At times a genuine, uncringing and forthright apology can work wonders.

I've been in similar straits in my life: I think most people have. There is always some sort of light at the end of such tunnels. I genuinely hope you find yours.

Thelonious the Superious.

Great post.

Yes. Wise words, Thelonious. It's amazing how easy it is to create a toxic workplace and how rare it is for those in charge to do something about it.

Here are a few thoughts:

We've locked horns on other threads but I gotta give credit where its due. That was an excellent post on something bigger than football.

Good stuff Thelonius but how's the OP doing, want to chime in?

Better a broken clock than an angry, broken fool.
You don’t take getting your balls busted too well, eh? That tells me you don’t have a whole lot in the way of friends. Can’t for the life of me figure out why. Oh well. At least I can confidently say that I have a good chance of at least being alive in five years. You? At 73?
tenor.gif

Last edited:
You don’t take getting your balls busted too well, eh? That tells me you don’t have a whole lot in the way of friends. Can’t for the life of me figure out why. Oh well. At least I can confidently say that I have a good chance of at least being alive in five years. You? At 73?
tenor.gif

This week has been especially heinous for my neck albatross AKA depression. Having my dad take me to the doctor so I can have some tests run. If you're into prayer, I covet your remembering me that way. If not, if you'd send some good vibes...they would be greatly appreciated.

This week has been especially heinous for my neck albatross AKA depression. Having my dad take me to the doctor so I can have some tests run. If you're into prayer, I covet your remembering me that way. If not, if you'd send some good vibes...they would be greatly appreciated.
You got it my man!

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back