PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Tyreek Hill to Miami

He will save a ton of $ on state income taxes - good move for Hill. Pretty soon as state taxes become even more burdensome across the country, you'll see texas and florida clubs building powerhouses...

Kansas state tax bracket for someone of his income is only 5.7%...so yes, he is saving money but not a ton. We're talking $7million on a $120 million contract. Now in NJ it would be around 10%, which would then $14 million in taxes

I think he stays in KC . Mahomes best strength is his ability to extend a play and if you have a QB who can extend a play for eternity a guy with Hills skill set is going to be open.

Probably just posturing
posturing by what side?
If he goes to the Jets, I think they trade the number 10 pick, a 2nd rounder and one more later round pick...can't see them giving KC the number 4 pick as well. just my opinion
Cant see why the jets give that up, Oak gave up 22 and 53, I would not trade the number ten for 22 and 53, I see the 10 as worth at least another 2nd rd pick. In addition to Adams has none of the character concerns that hill has. My guess for fair value is 10 and 69, 109 for Hill and 30.

Maybe he will be in jail before the season begins.

Why even worry about the Patriots needing a pass rush or CB? They’re not going to be able to compete in the division over the next couple years when Diggs and Hill get into their 30s. Honestly the Patriots are so far behind right now they should be in rebuild, last seasons overspending on spare parts now looks ridiculous.

He will save a ton of $ on state income taxes - good move for Hill. Pretty soon as state taxes become even more burdensome across the country, you'll see texas and florida clubs building powerhouses...
Yeah,nobody wants to play any sports in California...Dodgers can barely field a team, and the Rams, Charger and Niners are bottom feeders.

I mean, duh.

Federal Taxes are many times the burden of state taxes (plus, state taxes in pro-sports are pro-rated based upon where you play road games), and if you're making $30m a year and give a damn about either, you're an idiot.

I'm sure NFL players cry when they have to play the West divisions...

What they need to do is release one of em corners so the Pats can scoop one up.
They would have loved to release or trade Jones but they can’t because of his injury, which caused 2022 salary to be guaranteed.

Kansas state tax bracket for someone of his income is only 5.7%...so yes, he is saving money but not a ton. We're talking $7million on a $120 million contract. Now in NJ it would be around 10%, which would then $14 million in taxes
Kansas City is in Missouri. State income tax reaches 5.4% there.

Ok. Any bright side to this unexpected event, other than the possibility that Hill will thug out in FL and get suspended for a year?

I’ll give it a shot:
View attachment 42067

The Phins almost certainly aren't keeping Parker to be a WR4 and probably aren't going to get anyone to trade for him with that cap hit. They can save 6m by designating him a post June 1 cut. I'd take him on the Pats.
Eric Rowe will likely be cut, too...or re-done.

Why would state taxes suddenly become more burdensome across the country? If anything, the opposite is more likely to occur.
Consider the source. I don't think much thought went into it.

You can’t just pick the fastest receiver and expect him to be Hill. They literally tried that by drafting Mecole Hardman when they half expected Hill to be suspended by the league. But turns out he sucks.

Why even worry about the Patriots needing a pass rush or CB? They’re not going to be able to compete in the division over the next couple years when Diggs and Hill get into their 30s. Honestly the Patriots are so far behind right now they should be in rebuild, last seasons overspending on spare parts now looks ridiculous.

1648055278725.gif

Lots of guaranteed money these days.

Consider the source. I don't think much thought went into it.
It’s amazing how the same people who scream “Keep politics out of my sports!” are the same people who voluntarily bring up politics in sports when it proves (or “proves” depending on the situation) a belief of theirs…..

You can’t just pick the fastest receiver and expect him to be Hill. They literally tried that by drafting Mecole Hardman when they half expected Hill to be suspended by the league. But turns out he sucks.
It's not just his speed, his YAC ability is insane.

I actually think it’s a great trade for the Chiefs. This will allow them to be a really good team for a prolonged period of time. They are getting rid of Hill a year to soon rather than a year too late. The draft pick hall is truly impressive
Without Hill, they are no longer the best team in that division.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back