PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Tyreek Hill to Miami

Really dumb trade by KC. While the rest of the teams in the AFC West load up, they trade their best player not named Mahomes. Along with GB, they really missed the memo on maximizing what you currently have.

On paper they got a great deal with the haul of draft picks, but now KC has the pressure of getting a player(s) to equal Hill's caliber on offense or defense. Given their recent drafting, I'd say it's slim to none KC does anything relevant with those draft picks.

Aside from Mahomes, the biggest loser in this is Kelce as teams can now focus on doubling him and making their pedestrian WR's beat them. Good luck Patty!
I agree but sometimes you have to do what you gotta do. If the Chiefs Franchise didn't have a player of Mahomes caliber then I would worry. If they can get good to very good production form another player or two that could offset Hills lost some.

You mean in the actual games or throughout the season? Out of every SB win, only in 2003 did the Patriots defense rank above the offense by DVOA in season, and in the Super Bowl itself, I think at the very least 3 of those were no questions asked won by the offense (2003, 2014 and 2016). 2004 is a coin toss and 2001/2018 were definitely won on the defensive side.

I'm talking about the actual super bowls themselves. I would argue 2014 SB was more defense since it was Brady who threw 2 picks (one was in the end zone and the other led to a seattle TD) and Butler ended up saving the day.

Really dumb trade by KC. While the rest of the teams in the AFC West load up, they trade their best player not named Mahomes. Along with GB, they really missed the memo on maximizing what you currently have.

On paper they got a great deal with the haul of draft picks, but now KC has the pressure of getting a player(s) to equal Hill's caliber on offense or defense. Given their recent drafting, I'd say it's slim to none KC does anything relevant with those draft picks.

Aside from Mahomes, the biggest loser in this is Kelce as teams can now focus on doubling him and making their pedestrian WR's beat them. Good luck Patty!
I agree but sometimes you have to do what you gotta do. If the Chiefs Franchise didn't have a player of Mahomes caliber then I would worry. If they can get good to very good production form another player or two that could offset Hill's lost some.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back