PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Tyreek Hill to Miami

I always admired how the Pats were very frugal while scheming championship teams. Now it seems we have no plan, let guys go without compensation, wait too long to do anything when guys are available. What happened?
There’s a lot of oft injured defensive backs from crappy schools in this draft, so we’ll attempt to booster the backfield there. Also I wouldn’t be surprised if after the draft some teams dropped their #4 receivers to make room for the new WR coming in this draft. We can probably pick them up on the cheap.

I always admired how the Pats were very frugal while scheming championship teams. Now it seems we have no plan, let guys go without compensation, wait too long to do anything when guys are available. What happened?

oh stop ****ing whining and stop saying "we" if you don't like it.

Do you really think that a team will be willing to use a high to mid-round pick in the FIRST, for a guy who had only one year of big production, under ideal conditions at Alabama, coming off a serious knee injury AND who will likely not be available until 2023. On paper, he's a great looking prospect and would clearly be one of the top WR picked in the draft IF he were healthy. But he's not. And for that reason, I don't see him being picked until very late in the first or at the top of the 2nd. There are a lot ot team with several picks in that area who can afford to wait a year.

With 2023 being the year I think the Pats are looking to compete for a championship, the Pats Might be willing to take a shot at Williams, but only after a trade down to bottom of the round or top of the 2nd. But those are just MY thoughts. Who knows what will actually happen

Compete for a championship one year from this one? They better draft perfectly this season, spend freely next off season and hope a half dozen other teams QBs go down by the playoffs. Because this team has sat on their hands all off season while the teams that were around them have done nothing but improve

Imagine if Miami had kept Flores he sure knew how to sweep us phew.:eek:

Brady and Payton and Hill was obviously the plan.

Wow

Sad Will Ferrell GIF

Still me.

Hill will mesh well with Tua, who is accurate on slants. The deep throws to Hill will be less available. The middle-of-the-field combo of Hill and Gesicki, on routes that Tua throws well, will be a problem. Plus they have beefed up their O-line.
Tua is Slant-man

Brady and Payton and Hill was obviously the plan.

Wow

I don't know how Miami would have known that Hill would be available. KC tried to re-sign Hill, but he wanted way too much and wouldn't negotiate. That and they saw what Green Bay got for Adams and then the Chiefs decided to trade him.

OH MAN SOMEONE GET JACKSON MAHOMES ON THE PHONE

Do you know what were the odds?
Before the trade:

KC +175, followed by the Broncos (+250), Chargers (+300) and Raiders (+700)

Not sure if that has changed now at all.

What happens when Hill is doubled like in KC? Is Tua going to make the correct read?

Hills career took off with Mahomes.
Not sure if Hill can be doubled like he was in KC...too much wr talent in miami, but you make a fair point as far as Tua is concerned.

Just saw this tweet:

Phins are now 40-1 what are the Patriots now 500-1??:eek: Gotta buy a ticker in Vegas anything can happen playing with house money here.

I don't know how Miami would have known that Hill would be available. KC tried to re-sign Hill, but he wanted way too much and wouldn't negotiate. That and they saw what Green Bay got for Adams and then the Chiefs decided to trade him.

The article on ESPN said this was in the works for weeks.

Phins are now 40-1 what are the Patriots now 500-1??:eek: Gotta buy a ticker in Vegas anything can happen playing with house money here.
Here is what I found:

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back